Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Will the Sox be Buyers or Sellers???

Re: Will the Sox be Buyers or Sellers???

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:08 am

A 16oz can of summer shandy is $9.25 at the Cell.  so beer an inning costs $83.25!!!!!!!!

A case of this god-like nectar is about $25 at Sam's Club.

And lesbi honest here.  I go to the games to have fun and socialize.  I don't hang on every pitch.  at least not until something is happening.

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:12 am

The location of that ballpark is a killer

LOTS OF OPEN SPACE BETWEEN MINOOKA AND MORRIS!!!!!!

I-80 IS USUALLY A BREEZE WEST OF HARLEM

MAYBE ITS TIME TO HEAD OFF THOSE IOWA TOURIST AT THE PASS

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:35 am

A lot of the white flight from the South Side has landed in places like Tinley Park, Orland Park and Palos.

When the ballpark was in the planning stages I was talking to my friend (a cub fan in Mokena) and said I would like it built in the South Loop area, for tourists and downtown traffic. My friend said I was wrong and that the Sox should forget about tourist traffic b/c Wrigley will always have that, and the downtown people are unlikely to work all day and then stay for a game. His arguement was the same as yours - that our old hood and every other white boy, flew to Cal City and then Tinley Park, Orland, Palos, Oak lawn, et and that if the Sox were really smart, the park would go somewhere out there, where the fans are and where it would be easy to get to. He argued somewhere just West of Oak Lawn or south of Crestwood, and close enough to the city limits to avoid the mayor telling JR to not call themselves Chicago like he did the Bears. I didn't think that was wise, but now after reading your line, I think he might have been right. It would have moved to sox to their base, and would have been a hell of a lot easier to get to and home from then the Cell or downtown. In thinking about it, how many suburban Sox fans would have made the trip to the South Loop? Thats a probably worse trip than to 35th and Shields.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:38 am

Chi-kid wrote:A lot of the white flight from the South Side has landed in places like Tinley Park, Orland Park and Palos.

When the ballpark was in the planning stages I was talking to my friend (a cub fan in Mokena) and said I would like it built in the South Loop area, for tourists and downtown traffic. My friend said I was wrong and that the Sox should forget about tourist traffic b/c Wrigley will always have that, and the downtown people are unlikely to work all day and then stay for a game. His arguement was the same as yours - that our old hood and every other white boy, flew to Cal City and then Tinley Park, Orland, Palos, Oak lawn, et and that if the Sox were really smart, the park would go somewhere out there, where the fans are and where it would be easy to get to. He argued somewhere just West of Oak Lawn or south of Crestwood, and close enough to the city limits to avoid the mayor telling JR to not call themselves Chicago like he did the Bears. I didn't think that was wise, but now after reading your line, I think he might have been right. It would have moved to sox to their base, and would have been a hell of a lot easier to get to and home from then the Cell or downtown. In thinking about it, how many suburban Sox fans would have made the trip to the South Loop? Thats a probably worse trip than to 35th and Shields.

I can only speak for myself, but any of those locations are/would be good with me. I live about 20 minutes from the ballpark (on a good traffic night) right down I-55. Peg works in the South Loop, so that would be convenient. And we regularly hit places in the Oak Lawn, Palos, Hickory Hills, Orland area.

Naturally, it's all about me.

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:22 pm

Last year IDOT created on & off ramps at Brisben!!!!!!

The mid point between Morris ad Minooka.

The is absolutely nothing there!!!!!

Kevin could be therein under 30 minutes in a light traffic day

John would need a small aircraft
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:15 pm

Father of Stan wrote:A 16oz can of summer shandy is $9.25 at the Cell.  so beer an inning costs $83.25!!!!!!!!

A case of this god-like nectar is about $25 at Sam's Club.

And lesbi honest here.  I go to the games to have fun and socialize.  I don't hang on every pitch.  at least not until something is happening.
    Fun??  Socialize????  COME WITH A GAME FACE ON AND WORRY ABOUT SOMETHING YOU CAN NOT CONTROL......THE WHITE SOX!!!!

The problem with Nomadsfest is food, fun and frolic.

winstonage
    Andy the Clown

Post by winstonage on Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:47 pm

Harry Caray wrote:Chairman runs a PLANTATION.

Kenny tried to go to Toronto and Chairman sent out the dogs.

I thought a few years back Hahn actually was allowed to interview with San Diego and Houston.  Obviously nothing came of it.

I had heard that he was offered the Houston job and turned it down because of the promise he would replace Kenny.
    Chairman Reinsdorf
    Al Smith's Beer Bath

Post by Chairman Reinsdorf on Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:48 am

BELIEVE!!!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:18 am