Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Love that 100 pitch count

Love that 100 pitch count

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:07 am

Could the 7th inning been any worse had they left Samardzija in there to face another batter or 2?!?!?!?!?

I wish there was a team with the balls to go old school. Instead we get this crap. I hear the Mets are starting the year with an 8 man pen. Hope they finish last
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Re: Love that 100 pitch count

Post by alohafri on Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:21 am

Father of Stan wrote:Could the 7th inning been any worse had they left Samardzija in there to face another batter or 2?!?!?!?!?

I wish there was a team with the balls to go old school.  Instead we get this crap.  I hear the Mets are starting the year with an 8 man pen.  Hope they finish last

This is one of the reasons I hate Robin. If you know you are likely to take your pitcher out after he faces one batter in the next inning, what's the point in even bringing him out there? Get your next pitcher ready and have him start the next inning. This is the kind of crap that makes the game drag on.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:52 am

This is one of the reasons I hate Robin.

And it's a good reason. Heaven forbid Ventura step out of the box and manage with his gut or just plain old common sense. If the Sox come up short this year in terms of making the playoffs Ventura certainly won't be the only reason but he'll sure as hell be one of the reasons. He sucks.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:36 am

Cream1953 wrote:This is one of the reasons I hate Robin.

And it's a good reason. Heaven forbid Ventura step out of the box and manage with his gut or just plain old common sense. If the Sox come up short this year in terms of making the playoffs Ventura certainly won't be the only reason but he'll sure as hell be one of the reasons. He sucks.

But he works cheap and was a fan favorite, which, in the world of Reinsdorf, trump all.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:25 pm

I think "was" is the operative word here.

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:31 pm

Not to deliberately disagree with two fine knowledgable fans, but isn't this really Cooper's fault?

Now I could be mistaken but it always seemed to me that Cooper runs the pitching staff and makes the changes.  He just happens to send Ventura out there because a) its too long of a walk to be doing 3 times and inning; and b) don't want the fans to think the team is run by some kind of college of coaches

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:54 pm

You mean like pitching Q on the home opener against the Twins (a team he owned last year) instead of game 2 against a team he has never beaten?!?!?!?

Let me guess, the Q is due against the Royals

Seriously, they have to similar lefties going back to back, not only against KC, but probably next week in Cleveland as well.

Not only that, with 2 off days next week, if they keep Noesi in the rotation, then its Noesi, Samardzija and Sale all on 6 days rest next weekend in Detroit.

Treating April as if it matters, instead an extra month of spring training, the Sox have Q start the Opener, Samaradzija on Saturday, Sale on Sunday.  With 2 off days next week, have Q and Samardzija pitch in Cleveland on 3 days rest, then put Danks and Noesi in the bullpen for a week and carry some extra bench help instead of finding out the hard way that Kyle Drabek can't carry his father's jock
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:04 pm

Father of Stan wrote:

You mean like pitching Q on the home opener against the Twins (a team he owned last year) instead of game 2 against a team he has never beaten?!?!?!?

Let me guess, the Q is due against the Royals

Seriously, they have to similar lefties going back to back, not only against KC, but probably next week in Cleveland as well.

Not only that, with 2 off days next week, if they keep Noesi in the rotation, then its Noesi, Samardzija and Sale all on 6 days rest next weekend in Detroit.

Treating April as if it matters, instead an extra month of spring training, the Sox have Q start the Opener, Samaradzija on Saturday, Sale on Sunday.  With 2 off days next week, have Q and Samardzija pitch in Cleveland on 3 days rest, then put Danks and Noesi in the bullpen for a week and carry some extra bench help instead of finding out the hard way that Kyle Drabek can't carry his father's jock

Does it really make that much difference as to who pitches when in April? It's the start of the season. The rotation is set. Don't start monkeying around with it just so you can have someone make a splash at the home opener. Letting these guys get into a routine is more important than screwing with the rotation to let someone pitch the home opener, for what ever reason it is.

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:08 pm

When did you move to St Charles Roger. BTW, love the blond hair
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:22 pm

Not to deliberately disagree with two fine knowledgable fans, but isn't this really Cooper's fault? 

************************************************************************************

It's Ventura who's in charge of the team. It's his job to make the final decisions. The shit begins and ends with him and he has to bear responsibility for it.

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:19 pm

Well maybe on a normal team having the word manager on your door would mean you are the manager, but this is the White Sox....

Maybe I should have used the sarcasm font on the original explanation

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:19 am