Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Adam Eaton Extended another five years

Re: Adam Eaton Extended another five years

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:16 pm

frank bonifacic wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:
    Father of Stan wrote:OK, maybe the word guaranteed is a slight exaggeration.  But Roger makes it sound like it is almost a given.  Can you at least admit that much, or do I need to re quote all the posts where he does it

He makes it sound like it's a given that IF Eaton has a season similar to last season, then the numbers in this deal are a savings over what it would cost the Sox to lock him up for the four years following this coming season.  I would tend to agree.  There's injury risk on the Sox, and there's underpayment risk to Eaton if he performs well.  Each side seems to be swallowing some risk.
    Gee, that's sounds like a, a,(what's the word I'm looking for). Oh yeah, Negotiation! I might make quite a bit more, But, if things don't quite work out that way. I might get less-AND, this is guaranteed. So I can give up some of what I think I can make!
    Sounds like settlements I've made over the years

Once again, the Fossilized Barrister sticks his nose in the KARK's business just to proclaim that the KARK is wrong without a clue as to what the discussion is about.

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:20 pm

So Frank, what you are basically saying that if you had a client willing to wait an extra 9 months his deal would be 50% greater, you'd tell him to take the money now

Remind me to never hire you

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:35 pm

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:So Frank, what you are basically saying that if you had a client willing to wait an extra 9 months his deal would be 50% greater, you'd tell him to take the money now

Not at all. I inform my client of all situations. The mist common one is to tell them "we've been offered $50,000. The case potential is $80-100 - if the jury finds for us. But you never know with a jury and if the find against us we can get less or NOTHING.
    I then give them my view of how strong the case is and let them make the decision.
    I have had clients take the money and others that wanted to go yo trial. Have also had clients that I told they needed to take the money because the chances were not in their favor.
    Occasionally, you get the client thinking his cases is worth a million because it's HIS case.
    Once or twice, I have had clients who were insisting they wanted to go to trial when I knew they would lose.
    I then prepared a letter stating thst I told them to take the money and that they were rejecting my advice and wanted a trial . I then asked them to sign it- because these are the type of people who would end up suing because it could never be their fault that the case was worth nothing or less than they thought.
    Most, when confronted with that choice, settled. They wouldn't sign because then they couldn't say I didn't tell them.
    It's called the bird in the hand theory

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:36 pm

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:So Frank, what you are basically saying that if you had a client willing to wait an extra 9 months his deal would be 50% greater, you'd tell him to take the money now

You forget. The lawyer has a say in whether he takes on a client

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:43 pm

Father of Stan wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:
    Father of Stan wrote:OK, maybe the word guaranteed is a slight exaggeration.  But Roger makes it sound like it is almost a given.  Can you at least admit that much, or do I need to re quote all the posts where he does it

He makes it sound like it's a given that IF Eaton has a season similar to last season, then the numbers in this deal are a savings over what it would cost the Sox to lock him up for the four years following this coming season.  I would tend to agree.  There's injury risk on the Sox, and there's underpayment risk to Eaton if he performs well.  Each side seems to be swallowing some risk.
    Gee, that's sounds like a, a,(what's the word I'm looking for). Oh yeah, Negotiation! I might make quite a bit more, But, if things don't quite work out that way. I might get less-AND, this is guaranteed. So I can give up some of what I think I can make!

Once again, the Fossilized Barrister sticks his nose in the KARK's business just to proclaim that the KARK is wrong without a clue as to what the discussion is about.
    And, when the fuck did a thread on this board become YOUR business? And, did they have courses in telepathy in CPA school- so you know that I have no idea what the discussion is about!
    I guess I missed your post granting permission to Rob to join the discussion.
    If you happen to have a dictionary in your house, you should look up " pompous asshole"!
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:05 pm

frank bonifacic wrote:
    Father of Stan wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:

And, when the fuck did a thread on this board become YOUR business? And, did they have courses in telepathy in CPA school- so you know that I have no idea what the discussion is about!
    If you happen to have a dictionary in your house, you should look up " pompous asshole"!

At NomadsFest 2015!

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:12 pm

Hey Frank, when can we expect you to critique the numbers that Roger invented in order to proclaim that the White Sox just saved themselves over $20mil??!?!? Its a little something called due diligence, which I believe is a requirement in the law profession.

And believe me, this CPA did his. But then, professional ethics demand that CPA's attest to whether or not something is fairly stated. Lawyers are apid mercenaries, I mean advocates, no I mean mercenaries

Last edited by tHe SicKo FANt on Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:22 pm

frank bonifacic wrote:
    Father of Stan wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:

Well Frank, since both you & Rob completely misreprented what I said, while completing ignoring Roger's assertion that waiting another season almost certainly costs the Sox significantly more money, then yes, I think it is reasonable to believe that neither of you took the time to understand the discusssion. I think it is very obvious that both of you just jumped in to deliberately disagree with me

As for the term pompous asshoe, I'll look in the dictionary if you look in the mirror

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:28 pm

B
    tHe SicKo FANt wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:
    Father of Stan wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:

Well Frank, since both you & Rob completely misreprented what I said, while completing ignoring Roger's assertion that waiting another season almost certainly costs the Sox significantly more money, then yes, I think it is reasonable to believe that neither of you took the time to understand the discusssion.  I think it is very obvious that both of you just jumped in to deliberately disagree with me

As for the term pompous asshoe, I'll look in the dictionary if you look in the mirror
    And what was my misrepresentation? Ready post again. See if you can find it - or are you just going to make some claim that something I said really meant something else.
    You do that quite well!

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:29 pm

sox55 wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:
    Father of Stan wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:

At NomadsFest 2015!

At least John didn't deliberately take the KARK out of context.

BTW, alert SFOD that the KARK will be referring to the Sox leadoff hitter as Royce Eaton.
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:41 am

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:No, I think you are a complete idiot.  You are so stupid that I bet you don't even realize the numbers above are completely different from the ones you presented a page or 2 ago.  So clearly you just invent numbers to suit your purpose and pretend they are fact.  Then when challenged, you throw a hissy hit like a little girl

You are truly an obnoxious ass. So what was your guess it would only cost the Sox $ 47 or $ 52 million to re-sign him in Dec 2015 but an "invention of numbers"? Pulled straight from your ass with ZERO evidence of other salaries in the market now. Oh yeah, you took a course in Baseball Arbitration back in 1987. Wow -fucking impressive..

My last post stated that $ 61 million was what Eaton could get in arb and free agency if he was a decent regular in 2015, backed up by comparable OFer salaries.  The $ 67 million estimate in the prior post was based on  "Waiting for Eaton to prove he can duplicate 2014... So if Eaton hits .300 again this yr, he could ask for and reasonably get $ 67 or more.  If he stays as a "decent regular" ( .280) in 2015, he could easily make $ 61 million by just arb and free agency over the next 7 years.. Conservatively. As an example, Brett Gardner, another low power but speedy OFer just got an extension after hitting .256 this year to $ 52 mil over 4 yrs and $ 64 for 5 yrs (if option exercised)

The truly hilarious part of this is your insistence that these estimates are MY fantasy and mine alone. Despite the facts that back them up. But more importantly logic dictates that Rick Hahn HAD to use something similar to convince Reinsdorf that the Sox would be saving a bundle by committing to Eaton now instead of waiting.   If the Sox weren't going to save some good coin why would they take the risk ?  You never have answered that.

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:55 am

rmapasad wrote:
    tHe SicKo FANt wrote:No, I think you are a complete idiot.  You are so stupid that I bet you don't even realize the numbers above are completely different from the ones you presented a page or 2 ago.  So clearly you just invent numbers to suit your purpose and pretend they are fact.  Then when challenged, you throw a hissy hit like a little girl

You are truly an obnoxious ass. So what was your guess it would only cost the Sox $ 47 or $ 52 million to re-sign him in Dec 2015 but an "invention of numbers"? Pulled straight from your ass with ZERO evidence of other salaries in the market now. Oh yeah, you took a course in Baseball Arbitration back in 1987. Wow -fucking impressive..

My last post stated that $ 61 million was what Eaton could get in arb and free agency if he was a decent regular in 2015, backed up by comparable OFer salaries.  The $ 67 million estimate in the prior post was based on  "Waiting for Eaton to prove he can duplicate 2014... So if Eaton hits .300 again this yr, he could ask for and reasonably get $ 67 or more.  If he stays as a "decent regular" ( .280) in 2015, he could easily make $ 61 million by just arb and free agency over the next 7 years.. Conservatively. As an  example, Brett Gardner, another low power but speedy OFer just got an extension after hitting .256 this year to $ 52 mil over 4 yrs and $ 64 for 5 yrs (if option exercised)

The truly hilarious part of this is your insistence that these estimates are MY fantasy and mine alone. Despite the facts that back them up.  But more importantly logic dictates that Rick Hahn HAD to use something similar to convince Reinsdorf that the Sox would be saving a bundle by committing to Eaton now instead of waiting.   If the Sox weren't going to save some good coin why would they take the risk ?  You never have answered that.
    I'm sure he'll answer it right after he points out where I misrepresented what he said. 
    Or maybe he will point out something irrelevant and go after that -right after the name calling or insult he throws out like a petulant third grader
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:52 am

All right! Everyone of you...get into a corner and face the wall for two periods! I'm calling your parents.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:49 am

alohafri wrote:All right! Everyone of you...get into a corner and face the wall for two periods! I'm calling your parents.

I think you should do it.
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:46 am

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:Hey Frank, when can we expect you to critique the numbers that Roger invented in order to proclaim that the White Sox just saved themselves over $20mil??!?!?  Its a little something called due diligence, which I believe is a requirement in the law profession.

And believe me, this CPA did his.

Absolutely hilarious. What due diligence ? You haven't produced a single shred of evidence for Eaton's $$ comps. Cot's Contracts puts every contract on their website and it's easy to see what comparable guys are making. But noooo.....having a CPA certificate apparently qualifies you as an automatic expert on everything numerical with no need to look stuff up.
    For sake of trying to make this reasonable, if Eaton hits .240-.250 and stays there for the next 3-4 yrs, as you seem to suggest he could, the Sox have gotten burned. But Hahn doesn't think like you (thank God). Common sense says what he HAD to be thinking was something like: "Ok, say he hits only .275-.280, he's still going to be in line for Melky/Gardner money when he hits FA, so let's lock him up now. If we wait and he hits .300 again, we're in much deeper shit in trying to extend him." Hahn knows what .300 hitting OFers get these days. You don't have a clue.

Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:50 pm

All right! Everyone of you...get into a corner and face the wall for two periods! I'm calling your parents

No shit. Between Roger and Kark reading this thread is like watching two pocket calculators trying to strip the batteries out of each other.
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:10 pm

Cream1953 wrote:All right! Everyone of you...get into a corner and face the wall for two periods! I'm calling your parents

No shit. Between Roger and Kark reading this thread is like watching two pocket calculators trying to strip the batteries out of each other.

I hate to admit it but that was fucking funny.
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:06 pm

Cream1953 wrote:All right! Everyone of you...get into a corner and face the wall for two periods! I'm calling your parents

Except Kark's calculator is the 1987 model.
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:13 pm

rmapasad wrote:

Except Kark's calculator is the 1987 model.

Better be careful.  Those old calculators were big and bulky.  Not like the pencil-neck calculators of today.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:12 pm

cheers

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:10 am

frank bonifacic wrote:
    rmapasad wrote:

My last post stated that $ 61 million was what Eaton could get in arb and free agency if he was a decent regular in 2015, backed up by comparable OFer salaries.  The $ 67 million estimate in the prior post was based on  "Waiting for Eaton to prove he can duplicate 2014... So if Eaton hits .300 again this yr, he could ask for and reasonably get $ 67 or more.  If he stays as a "decent regular" ( .280) in 2015, he could easily make $ 61 million by just arb and free agency over the next 7 years.. Conservatively. As an  example, Brett Gardner, another low power but speedy OFer just got an extension after hitting .256 this year to $ 52 mil over 4 yrs and $ 64 for 5 yrs (if option exercised)

The truly hilarious part of this is your insistence that these estimates are MY fantasy and mine alone. Despite the facts that back them up.  But more importantly logic dictates that Rick Hahn HAD to use something similar to convince Reinsdorf that the Sox would be saving a bundle by committing to Eaton now instead of waiting.   If the Sox weren't going to save some good coin why would they take the risk ?  You never have answered that.
    I'm sure he'll answer it right after he points out where I misrepresented what he said. 
    Or maybe he will point out something irrelevant and go after that -right after the name calling or insult he throws out like a petulant third grader

I believe it was 3 years ago that Frank B surprised us and showed at KARKfest 2011 to help the KARK celebrate his 46th BDay and to listen to the Twins score 6 runs while we all looked for our seats.  That fall of 2012 and 2013, Frank was kind enough to make an internet popcorn purchase from my son's Cub Scout troop.  I'm sure he would have done the same in 2014 had Stanley still been a scout.  Last summer, Frank B's fully grown son accompanied him to Nomadsfest.  A handsome young man and clearly a chip of the ole block.  It was a pleasure to meet him as well as sample some of Wisconsin's micro brew.  One year I'd like to bring my son to Nomadsfest, point out Frank B to Stanley and tell him that the distinguished looking elderly gentlemen over there is someone to emulate, now go thank him for the popcorn.

In order to maintain this high opinion I wish to keep for Frank B, I find it necessary, starting today, to ignore his posts where he appears to deliberate provoke me with the intend of besmirching my character.  I would think a man of his age and his accomplishments would be above a petty message board vendetta.

Anyway Frank B, I would you and your family have a very happy Easter weekend.  A person of your class and character deserves nothing but happiness while celebrating the resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:20 am

Father of Stan wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:
    rmapasad wrote:

I believe it was 3 years ago that Frank B surprised us and showed at KARKfest 2011 to help the KARK celebrate his 46th BDay and to listen to the Twins score 6 runs while we all looked for our seats.  That fall of 2012 and 2013, Frank was kind enough to make an internet popcorn purchase from my son's Cub Scout troop.  I'm sure he would have done the same in 2014 had Stanley still been a scout.  Last summer, Frank B's fully grown son accompanied him to Nomadsfest.  A handsome young man and clearly a chip of the ole block.  It was a pleasure to meet him as well as sample some of Wisconsin's micro brew.  One year I'd like to bring my son to Nomadsfest, point out Frank B to Stanley and tell him that the distinguished looking elderly gentlemen over there is someone to emulate, now go thank him for the popcorn.

In order to maintain this high opinion I wish to keep for Frank B, I find it necessary, starting today, to ignore his posts where he appears to deliberate provoke me with the intend of besmirching my character.  I would think a man of his age and his accomplishments would be above a petty message board vendetta.

Anyway Frank B, I would you and your family have a very happy Easter weekend.  A person of your class and character deserves nothing but happiness while celebrating the resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ
    Who are you - and what have you done to Kark?

Seriously, thanks . But I have to disagree with you again. Last year was my first year attending Nomadsfest. 
    I did attend a game with you a year or two before ( maybe 2011) but that was on a hooky day for you and bobby had an extra seat.
    It was on german heritage day and the wonderfully intelligent White Sox public relations group scheduled German heritage day on Yom Kippur- you can't make thus shit up.
    PS- bobby left early
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:36 am

frank bonifacic wrote:
    It was on german heritage day and the wonderfully intelligent White Sox public relations group scheduled German heritage day on Yom Kippur- you can't make thus shit up.

Outstanding!  Certainly not surprising.

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:42 am

rmapasad wrote:
    tHe SicKo FANt wrote:Hey Frank, when can we expect you to critique the numbers that Roger invented in order to proclaim that the White Sox just saved themselves over $20mil??!?!?  Its a little something called due diligence, which I believe is a requirement in the law profession.

And believe me, this CPA did his.

Absolutely hilarious.  What due diligence ?  You haven't produced a single shred of evidence for Eaton's $$ comps.

AND WHAT EVIDENCE HAVE YOU PRODUCED?!?!?!?!  ZERO!!!!!!!

Cot's Contracts puts every contract on their website and it's easy to see what comparable guys are making.

AND HOW DO WE KNOW YOU MADE THE PROPER COMPARISON?!?!?!?!?

But noooo.....having a CPA certificate apparently qualifies you as an automatic expert on everything numerical with no need to look stuff up.  

I HAVEN'T LOOKED ANYTHING UP BECAUSE YOUR CLAIM THAT EATON COMMANDS AN EXTRA $20MIL THIS WINTER IS ABSURD ON ITS FACE.

For sake of trying to make this reasonable, if Eaton hits .240-.250 and stays there for the next 3-4 yrs, as you seem to suggest he could, the Sox have gotten burned.   But Hahn doesn't think like you (thank God).

THERE IS ZERO EVIDENCE HAHN THINKS LIKE YOU AND BELIEVES HE JUST SAVED $20MIL PLUS

Common sense says what he HAD to be thinking was something like:  "Ok, say he hits only .275-.280, he's still going to be in line for Melky/Gardner money when he hits FA, so let's lock him up now.

COMMON SENSE SAYS THAT EATON WAS 4 YEARS AWAY FROM FREE AGENCY (assuming he doesn't get sent down)  SO AGAIN, YOUR CLAIM THAT HE JUST SAVE $20MIL PLUS IS ABSURD ON ITS FACE

If we wait and he hits .300 again, we're in much deeper shit in trying to extend him."   Hahn knows what .300 hitting OFers get these days.  You don't have a clue.

APPARENTLY YOU HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO DISCUSS A TOPIC LIKE A MATURE ADULT.  YOU SIMPLY PROCLAIM YOU DID THE RESEARCH AND THAT WE SHOULD ALL CONSIDER IT TO BE FACT BECAUSE YOU ARE THE GREAT ROGER.

APPARENTLY YOU ARE ALSO CLUELESS TO THE OBVIOUS QUESTION, IF THIS $20MIL PLUS SAVINGS IS SUCH A GIVEN, WHY WOULD EATON'S AGENT HAVE HIM SIGN SUCH A DEAL?

APPARENTLY YOU THINK THAT YOU ARE ABOVE EXPLAINING OBVIOUS GAPS IN LOGIC.  INSTEAD, YOU JUST THROW A HISSY FIT AND START NAME CALLING AND MAKE SILLY STATEMENTS LIKE "HAHN DID AN ANALYIS".  OF COURSE HAHN DID AN ANALYSIS.  NOBODY HERE CLAIMED HE FLIPPED A COIN.  BUT JUST BECAUSE HAHN'S ANALYSIS LED HIM SIGN EATON DOESN'T MEAN HE JUST SAVE THE SOX ORG $20MIL

APPARENTLY YOU ARE CLUELESS OF THE TERM NONSEQUITUR
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:45 pm

I will answer all of this as follows, Kark:
    1- As to name-calling, you are the undisputed champion. I try to be courteous to every poster. I even try with you, but just look back at your own posts and you'll see you're always the initiator of ad hominem attacks. You did it against both Frank and me..

2- I said from the outset that Eaton's agent might be short-changing him. Eaton himself said he knew he was taking less in those option years than he might get in free agency. He said he did it in part to give the Sox some flexibility to sign other big players in 2020-2021. But I also believe he did for financial security. He's had some injury history so this was some cushion.

3- I gave salary examples, but those were ignored. So here's one more, fresh off the presses. The Mets just today signed Juan Lagares, a 281 hitting/320 OBP CFer to $ 23 mil for 4 yrs till 2019, just to cover his arb yrs. Eaton is a better hitter than Lagares. So Eaton should be worth at least $ 25-27 mil over the next 4 years. Eaton is signed for 7 years, the last 3 are free agent years. Say Eaton could get what Melky got when Melky turned FA (42 mil over 3 yrs). You can do the math, but Lagares and Melky examples show the Sox have conservatively saved over $ 20 million by locking up Eaton now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:08 am