Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

GORDON ON FIRE!!

Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

GORDON ON FIRE!!

Post by Harry Caray on Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:46 am

1 FOR 21 !!!!!!

What a joke.

D.J. on radio the other day basically called him a head case.

BRING THEM ALL BACK!!!

What about STIFF OLIVO????
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: GORDON ON FIRE!!

Post by rmapasad on Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:10 pm

[quote="Harry Caray"]1 FOR 21 !!!!!!

What a joke.

Bobby, I HATED the Beckham signing for one basic reason -it put a guy that Ventura has over-valued for the last three years back into the fold, thus creating the possibility of Gordo getting 400-ab's instead of the 150 he should have. This was re-inforced when Hahn alluded to the idea that Gordo might be a legit candidate for a starting job. Any one of a dozen other utility IFers on the market would have sufficed, IMO, but somehow the Sox seemed to think it was a real coup getting him back.
    At least his shit start in Arizona might take him out of the running for the Opening Day 2b job, although Gordo has been known to run off 2-3 week hot streaks and that could happen between now and April 1. And of course whoever wins the 2b job (Bonifacio or Johnson) will still have a short leash if they stumble a bit in April. There will be Gordo lurking to fill their void with a void of his own.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:20 pm

rmapasad wrote:
    Harry Caray wrote:1 FOR 21 !!!!!!

What a joke.

Bobby, I HATED the Beckham signing for one basic reason -it put a guy that Ventura has over-valued for the last three years back into the fold, thus creating the possibility of Gordo getting 400-ab's instead of the 150 he should have.  This was re-inforced when Hahn alluded to the idea that Gordo might be a legit candidate for a starting job.  Any one of a dozen other utility IFers on the market would have sufficed, IMO, but somehow the Sox seemed to think it was a real coup getting him back.  
    At least his shit start in Arizona might take him out of the running for the Opening Day 2b job, although Gordo has been known to run off 2-3 week hot streaks and that could happen between now and April 1.  And of course whoever wins the 2b job (Bonifacio or Johnson) will still have a short leash if they stumble a bit in April.  There will be Gordo lurking to fill their void with a void of his own.  

LOL.  It's just so Reinsdorfian - fill a hole with a bigger hole.
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:38 pm

It makes zero sense to bring a failure back to fail some more.

I am sure he had ZERO other offers.

Totally leads me to believe Weird Jerry wants him back because he is a favorite.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:53 pm

Harry Caray wrote:It makes zero sense to bring a failure back to fail some more.

Totally leads me to believe Weird Jerry wants him back because he is a favorite.

Maybe Reinsdorf's super fav Konerko recommended his buddy Beckham to the Chairman.  Thus, Paulie would continue to slow down the White Sox even in retirement. Sad

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:02 pm

Beckham is better than Leury Garica. With the emergence of Micah Johnson it makes more sense to play Carlos Sanchez everyday at Charlotte and let Becham sit on the Sox bench ad let him become the Mike Squires of 2B

Again, the bottom guys on the roster are not going to be that good. Plus I'd rather have Beckham than a 7 or 9 reliever waiting for his inning a week
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:16 pm

Harry Caray wrote:It makes zero sense to bring a failure back to fail some more.

Does he just not want to admit that Beckham's a bust?  He's basically a Ryan Leaf without the personality disorder.

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:22 pm

Future first base coach, bench coach, manager...book it
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:42 pm

although Gordo has been known to run off 2-3 week hot streaks

It's then on such occasions that everybody proclaims that Gordon has "turned the corner!!!"cheerscheerscheers
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:16 pm

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:Beckham is better than Leury Garica.  With the emergence of Micah Johnson it makes more sense to play Carlos Sanchez everyday at Charlotte and let Becham sit on the Sox bench ad let him become the Mike Squires of 2B
    Again, the bottom guys on the roster are not going to be that good.  Plus I'd rather have Beckham than a 7 or 9 reliever waiting for his inning a week
     1/2 the infielders in AAA are better than Leury Garcia.  Current depth charts show Beckham backing up Bonifacio or Johnson at 2b and platooning with Gillaspie at 3b.    Bit odd that Beckham is viewed as a platoon mate since he has virtually the same (bad) career OPS v. LHErs and RHers - 687 v. 680.  Of course, with Gillaspie's career 510 v. LHers, nearly anyone would be an improvement.
    While the Sox could have done better than Beckham for these same roles (i.e., Richie Weeks as one example), what's done is done.  If all this results in no more than 200 AB's for Gordo, Sox will survive that.  If it's considerably more, that's a problem.

winstonage
    Andy the Clown

Post by winstonage on Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:58 pm

rmapasad wrote:
    tHe SicKo FANt wrote:Beckham is better than Leury Garica.  With the emergence of Micah Johnson it makes more sense to play Carlos Sanchez everyday at Charlotte and let Becham sit on the Sox bench ad let him become the Mike Squires of 2B
    Again, the bottom guys on the roster are not going to be that good.  Plus I'd rather have Beckham than a 7 or 9 reliever waiting for his inning a week
     1/2 the infielders in AAA are better than Leury Garcia.  Current depth charts show Beckham backing up Bonifacio or Johnson at 2b and platooning with Gillaspie at 3b.    Bit odd that Beckham is viewed as a platoon mate since he has virtually the same (bad) career OPS v. LHErs and RHers - 687 v. 680.  Of course, with Gillaspie's career 510 v. LHers, nearly anyone would be an improvement.
    While the Sox could have done better than Beckham for these same roles (i.e., Richie Weeks as one example), what's done is done.  If all this results in no more than 200 AB's for Gordo, Sox will survive that.  If it's considerably more, that's a problem.

This definitely a Reinsdorf move. If you bring him back, he should have been on a minor league deal, not 2mil.

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:12 pm

The KARK platoons Dizzy Gillaspie and Danny Bonaduce at 3B with Beckham playing the Mike Squires role at 3B

A 3 headed monster at 3B should put up some good numbers

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:00 pm

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:The KARK platoons Dizzy Gillaspie and Danny Bonaduce at 3B with Beckham playing the Mike Squires role at 3B

... for opposing pitchers.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:26 pm

MGJOHNSON wrote:
    tHe SicKo FANt wrote:The KARK platoons Dizzy Gillaspie and Danny Bonaduce at 3B with Beckham playing the Mike Squires role at 3B

... for opposing pitchers.

LOL.. Beckham had a 780 OPS v. LHERs in 2014 but a 510 v. them in 2013.  Splitting the difference between those two yrs comes out to about 640.  Well south of "good" and barely north of "awful".

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:44 pm

If you read what the KARK actually wrote, its Bonafacio that is being platooned. OK, I spelt it Bonaduce, but close enough jeez

Beckham is slated for the mike Squires role. I would think any lifetime Sox fan born b4 1970 would catch the 1983 reference were 1B was manned by the 3 headed monster of Walker, Oaciorek n Squires. In 83, Squires only had 180 plate appearances dispite seeing action in 143 games.

With the emergence of Johnson at 2B, should a 3 headed monster at 3B would kick ass if they could come close to replicating 2014 splits

Again people, try understanding what I am writing instead of automatially looking for the cheapshot

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:21 pm

BTW, my 3 headed monster at 3B could realistically have an OPS of 800. The have had only one everyday player with an OPS that high in the past 2 years.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:36 pm