Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.


    VINCE COLEMAN joins Sox... HOORAY

    Share
    avatar
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1688
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 68
    Location : Springfield

    VINCE COLEMAN joins Sox... HOORAY

    Post by Nomads44 on Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:46 am

    http://m.mlb.com/news/article/110969232/phil-rogers-vince-coleman-helping-white-sox-craft-new-identity

    Well, Hallelujah.  Let's get away from that station to station drudgery and be an exciting team.  It is not written that HR hitters HAVE to be slow.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: VINCE COLEMAN joins Sox... HOORAY

    Post by Guest on Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:20 am

    Nomads44 wrote:http://m.mlb.com/news/article/110969232/phil-rogers-vince-coleman-helping-white-sox-craft-new-identity

    Well, Hallelujah.  Let's get away from that station to station drudgery and be an exciting team.  It is not written that HR hitters HAVE to be slow.



    Coleman's main role will be instructing the Sox players on how to avoid stationary tarpolins. affraid

    MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 4295
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Location : Area 51

    Re: VINCE COLEMAN joins Sox... HOORAY

    Post by MGJOHNSON on Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:21 am

    Can Coleman turn turtles into rabbits?
    avatar
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 3601
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 57
    Location : Spokane, WA

    Re: VINCE COLEMAN joins Sox... HOORAY

    Post by jaywit on Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:51 pm

    Too bad Konerko retired.  A few extra steals on his resume may have enhanced his chances for the hall.

    If he were to attempt to steal, what would be the opposing teams safest play?  Avoid an errant throw and have the catcher run with the ball from home plate to tag Konerko out somewhere between 1st and 2nd base?
    avatar
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2803
    Join date : 2012-02-07
    Location : Listening to Hawk in the Spankatorium!

    Re: VINCE COLEMAN joins Sox... HOORAY

    Post by Harry Caray on Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:08 pm

    Konerko, Dunn, Brain Dead DeAza....what Coach could help them??????????

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: VINCE COLEMAN joins Sox... HOORAY

    Post by Guest on Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:23 pm

    jaywit wrote:Too bad Konerko retired.  A few extra steals on his resume may have enhanced his chances for the hall.

    If he were to attempt to steal, what would be the opposing teams safest play?  Avoid an errant throw and have the catcher run with the ball from home plate to tag Konerko out somewhere between 1st and 2nd base?


    Damn shame Konerko missed the 400- 10 club by 1 stinking steal

    I blame Ventura for not keeping an eye on those all important stts

    And where was the team sabermetian? I have ben assured each team has at least one. Let me guess, he was trying to make sure 1.8 was really 1.78
    avatar
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 3601
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 57
    Location : Spokane, WA

    Re: VINCE COLEMAN joins Sox... HOORAY

    Post by jaywit on Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:52 pm

    Father of Stan wrote:
    jaywit wrote:Too bad Konerko retired.  A few extra steals on his resume may have enhanced his chances for the hall.

    If he were to attempt to steal, what would be the opposing teams safest play?  Avoid an errant throw and have the catcher run with the ball from home plate to tag Konerko out somewhere between 1st and 2nd base?


    Damn shame Konerko missed the 400- 10 club by 1 stinking steal

    I blame Ventura for not keeping an eye on those all important stts

    And where was the team sabermetian?  I have ben assured each team has at least one.  Let me guess, he was trying to make sure 1.8 was really 1.78

    For him to actually get to that 10th steal, he'd become the inaugural member of the 400 - 10 - 400 club with 400 CS.

    Sponsored content

    Re: VINCE COLEMAN joins Sox... HOORAY

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:26 am