Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Sale injured

Re: Sale injured

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:35 am

frank bonifacic wrote:
    tHe SicKo FANt wrote:Frank, you didn't insult me by disagreeing wth me, you insult me by perpetuating the lie that I am anti science.  And you also insult me when you make bogus claims about the overwhelming majority of science think. 97% is just as made up as this non existant global warming.

Howevr, if your were to say I am a childish a-hole, there is a 50 50 chance I won't be insulted because I know there are times I deliberately act like one.  Shame others don't admit when they do it.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Never said you were anti science, only agreed that you seem to be more in tune with Fox than with scientists re global warming.
    If it's not overwhelming majority, perhaps[s the accountant can give is the number-is it only 80%?

Again you misrepresent the truth.  there are plenty of scientists that dispute global warming, so to say I am just repeating Fox is not true and a besmirchment of my character

As to the real percentage, irrelevant.  Again, science is not a popularity contest.  Its what can be proven.  Like it has been proven there hasn't been any significant warming in over a decade.  Also some of the greatest scientific discoveries ever were made by those who went against what the alledged overwheling majority had to say.

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:37 am

Chi-kid wrote: I had a chest x-ray a year ago and it was clear. My doctor just shook his head

I saw an interesting thing on TV. The lawyers and the PR groups that are currently working for the "climate change is a hoax" group are the same ones big tobacco used to try and convince people cigarettes were getting wrongly maligned. Talk about being on a side of history. Geesh

sounds like the smear the run on MSNBC

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:00 am

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:
    tHe SicKo FANt wrote:Frank, you didn't insult me by disagreeing wth me, you insult me by perpetuating the lie that I am anti science.  And you also insult me when you make bogus claims about the overwhelming majority of science think. 97% is just as made up as this non existant global warming.

Howevr, if your were to say I am a childish a-hole, there is a 50 50 chance I won't be insulted because I know there are times I deliberately act like one.  Shame others don't admit when they do it.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Never said you were anti science, only agreed that you seem to be more in tune with Fox than with scientists re global warming.
    If it's not overwhelming majority, perhaps[s the accountant can give is the number-is it only 80%?

Again you misrepresent the truth.  there are plenty of scientists that dispute global warming, so to say I am just repeating Fox is not true and a besmirchment of my character

As to the real percentage, irrelevant.  Again, science is not a popularity contest.  Its what can be proven.  Like it has been proven there hasn't been any significant warming in over a decade.  Also some of the greatest scientific discoveries ever were made by those who went against what the alledged overwheling majority had to say.

Then you don't feel the melting of glaciers that have been around for hundreds of years is significant nor the huge shrinkage of polar ice.
    The polar bears are moving into inhabited areas and their numbers are decreasing because of the lengthening of the summer and the delay of the ice which they need to be able to hunt.
    But perhaps that's only significant for polar bears and sealseal
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:38 am

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:

I believe I've read studies that show that the last El Nino (around 1998 or so?) is when we had our last big jump in global temps, and that they remained in that same general range ever since (hence, the no significant warming in a decade).  The belief by many on this topic is that the seas are what have warmed over the last 10-15 yrs, and that they'll again release much of that heat upon us during the next El Nino year.  If remembering correctly, they have actual data that demonstrate warming seas.

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:58 am

I wonder how much of this warming is offsetting the cooling that caused the global ice age scare in the 70's

As to the polar bears, I wonder if people like Frank realize that it has been warming periods that have been best for the human race.  the Renaissance happened during a warming period.  I wonder if people like Frank realize food doesn't grow in ice and that warm is good and this crap about the polar bears is a load of huey.

BTW, if its the industrial rise of man that is causing this socalled warming, why was their ever a cooler period in the 70"s?!?!?!?!?!?

Guess the science isn't settled and 97% is just another myth

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:05 am

frank bonifacic wrote:
    tHe SicKo FANt wrote:And another thing Frank.  The whole 4/30 thing goes back to 2008 and is something I bring up when I get into a pissing contest with Rosebowl over fanboy nonsense. 97% of the board understands that its tongue and cheek.  So congrats on being in the 3% with a certain anal retentive saber fraud who feel its hi duty to correct everybody and anybody on their baseball analysis.  

I am well aware that most of this is tongue in cheek. I would imagine an accountant would have at the minimum a rudimentary knowledge of statistics and wouldn't seriously conclude that April record would be absolutely reliable as to a season record. Aand If you reread my post, I was only commenting on the statistics that you mentioned and giving them another way to look at them.
    I agreed that it was very accurate in a negative way.

So you agree with me, but since you also have some kind of vendetta against me, you decided to side with Roger and his erronous facts that 2007 and 2008 had the exactly same start.

BTW, 4/30 theory makes tons of sense.  The AL Central has been historically weak.  Usually one fish dominating a weak pond.  So if the Sox ain't in 1st by 4/30, it suggests that they are once again a small fish.

So yes, the many faces of the poster formerly known as KARK will be scoreboard watching in April.  And maybe people like you should put your hate aside, and try understanding what I am saying instead of looking for ways to deliberately disagree what you think I am saying
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:59 am

GLENSDALE ROCKS!!!!

John says Murph is hanging on every pitch in Spring Training.

Getting worked up for April Scoreboard Watching!!!

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:21 pm

Harry Caray wrote:GLENSDALE ROCKS!!!!

John says Murph is hanging on every pitch in Spring Training.

Getting worked up for April Scoreboard Watching!!!

We're going to try to get Murph over to a University of Arizona game tomorrow at Hi Corbett Field in Tucson.  Maybe he can point out the next Dave Stegman or Brian Anderson coming down the pipe. Smile
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:24 pm

Just remember.......THIS IS SERIOUS STUFF for Murph!!!

Half of the University of Arizona sororities could be prancing around in bikinis, but he is FOCUSED on the 2015 season!!!

Has to worry about the White Sox and refer to them as WE and US.
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:47 pm

Cream1953 wrote:
    Good grief, Creamer.  2.5 packs.  

Hey, it's not that I'm an addict or anything like that!! lol Did it cold turkey too. Of course I now weigh about 800 lbs but that's next on the agenda when I get into the frame of mind. I had a chest x-ray a year ago and it was clear. My doctor just shook his head.
    On a totally serious note, Cream, you really should be getting annual chest CTs.  Chest X-ray is not nearly adequate to detect early stage lung cancers.  Well designed studies are published showing the superiority to annual CT screening for smokers and ex-smokers and nearly all medical societies recommend it.
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:58 pm

Marty, Murph is the master of the obvious, but would not know a ballplayer if you all sat down to lunch with Mays and Koufax.
    Was still talking up Tank and Gordo last September.
    Not a bad guy at all, just waaaaaaaaaay tooooooooo into this Sox bullshit.

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:21 pm

On a totally serious note, Cream, you really should be getting annual chest CTs.  Chest X-ray is not nearly adequate to detect early stage lung cancers.  Well designed studies are published showing the superiority to annual CT screening for smokers and ex-smokers and nearly all medical societies recommend it.

On the other hand Cream, don't waste your money. I am sure I can find you 3 out of 100 oncologists, accountants, and radiologists who will tell you that getting screening CT scans are a waste of time and expose you to radiation that will CAUSE cancer. I will also find you 3 out of 100 doctors who will swear that smoking doesn't cause disease.  Hell, I just saw a 37 yr old guy in the hospital this AM who had a heart attack and he never smoked a day in his life, and my mothers mother-in-law lived to be 99 and smoked since she was 14. So give me a break, at least 3% of physicians will tell you smoking is good for you.
    And btw, this statement that all the organizations are in agreement with screening and recommend it is troubling. Do you know why? Because those are CONSENSUS opinions, and as we have been told, science is NOT a consensus, right?  Frank learned that lesson and was put in his place. Consensus, as I have learned from the most esteemed scientist on this board, is hogwash.  Starting tomorrow, everything I have learned will have to be relearned...

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:04 am

This accountant would advise him to go to 5 packs a day pulse an all bacon diet. And don't forget your 8 cans of soda pop to keep you well hydrated

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:07 am

Note to sharpy. Brevity is the soul of wit
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:17 am

Thanks for the advice Jay. Because of my Crohn's and diabetes I see my doctor every 90 days whether need be or not and I'll consult him about it. As for Tim, (the name of my doctor too btw) regardless what I'm told I'll seek out a conservative accountant for the final word because we know, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that they have the correct answer for everything.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:14 am

Harry Caray wrote:Marty, Murph is the master of the obvious, but would not know a ballplayer if you all sat down to lunch with Mays and Koufax.
    Was still talking up Tank and Gordo last September.
    Not a bad guy at all, just waaaaaaaaaay tooooooooo into this Sox bullshit.

Why the heck would Mays or Koufax want to sit down to have lunch with us? scratch

Perhaps they would be curious why anyone other than a soccer fan would be wearing a Beckham jersey. confused 

BTW, it appears that Gordo changed his uniform number.  John may have to buy a whole new wardrobe - or get some whiteout and a magic marker. Smile
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:45 am

Is Gordon's new number .220 ?????

jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:47 am

Hope John wears the Beckham jersey in Tucson just for you, Marty. What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:52 am

Harry Caray wrote:Hope John wears the Beckham jersey in Tucson just for you, Marty. What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Maybe on the way to meet him today, I should stop at Office Depot and get John a gallon of Whiteout and a couple cases of Magic Markers. Smile

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:55 am

Harry Caray wrote:Is Gordon's new number .220 ?????

jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

It should be ZERO or some negative number.

Or since "the face of the franchise" is an asshole, just use a colon   :
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:09 pm

He has a boatload of Sox tickets to sell.
    Tell him wearing around a Beckham jersey will not generate sales!!!!

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:23 pm

Harry Caray wrote:He has a boatload of Sox tickets to sell.
    Tell him wearing around a Beckham jersey will not generate sales!!!!

LOL.  John knows what he's doing.  Advertising the return of Gordon Beckham may appeal to Cubs fans.  You know, the ones who love to cheer for losers.

lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:27 am