Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Sale injured

sox55
    Roof Shot

Sale injured

Post by sox55 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:36 pm

Bobby just called me and said that he heard on The SCORE that Chris Sale broke his foot unloading a truck in Arizona!
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Sale injured

Post by Harry Caray on Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:39 pm

The positive is he did not blow off his thumb like Carlos May!!!!!

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:56 pm

BleacherReport has that he is out 3 weeks

WTF is he doing unloading a truck

BTW, wasn't it rushing Peavy back from a for injury that ultimately lead to his shoulder injury? The theory Peavy himselfgave on the Score was that he altered his delivery to protect how he landed on hi foot

These mofo's better be with carefu with their franchise player
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:31 pm

For once I agree with Father of Stan. I also get nervous on a preliminary injury report...especially with these clowns. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if within a week we hear...oopsie.... "out for the year!".
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:26 pm

Valid points are being made.  The upside is idiot WIN NOW Williams is not in charge.  There are 3 ways to make the Playoffs.  There is no reason to rush this guy back.  Despite the usual Chicago Fan stupidity, trends and predictions made after watching 4 games in 35 degree temperatures in April have NOTHING to do with Reality.
    I did not pencil them in for October when it is February.  These are the White Sox.  Shit happens.  Stupid shit happens to good old boys with pickup trucks.  The cracker should have a damned Rolls and let somebody else move his shit.

We have zero control over any of this bullshit.

The curse of SHOOTERS BUFFET strikes again!!!!

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:48 pm

1)  Can one of the board doctors translate into english

Chris Sale sustained an avulsion fracture on the lateral side of his right foot

2)  Is your translation consistant with this:

"It's essentially a sprained ankle. I'll be fine. They aren't going to have to cut it off. It's still here," he said. "I'll be walking on it in a few days. Just doing therapy."

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:55 pm

According to Ventura, an injury to Sale doesn't change the team's plans for Rodon.

Hopefully, this is just the crap baseball orgs say and never mean.

Let's see, your top lefty starter foes down, your number 1 prospect who is suppose to be major league ready is a lefty starter.....

Seems fairly obvious to me.

BTW, what is the plan for Rodon.  I pray to God its not being the #3 lefty in an 8 man pen where he will struggle to get 2 innings a week.

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:16 pm

assuming this will force Sale out of Opening Day honors, I start the season with Quintana.  That allows Samardzja to seperate Q and Danks so the Sox don't have 2 similiar llefties going back to back.  Unfortunately, that leaves Noesi for the home opener.  Pitch Q n Saturday.  Give Sale his first start on the Sunday day dame.  I'm no doctor, but I think pitching in the warmth of the sun will be less dangerous than the cold of night.

With 2 off days during week 2, Sale can wait again until next Sunday for his 2nd start.  However, I doubt the Sox have the balls to start Samardzja on 3 days rest the day b4.  But why take their arch rivals, the Detroit Tigers seriously in April?

Besides, we need to make sure Noesi gets his innings.  After all, he is such a big part of the team
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:01 am

I'M ON THE EDGE OF MY SEAT!!!!!!!
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:20 pm

Father of Stan wrote:1)  Can one of the board doctors translate into english

"It's essentially a sprained ankle. I'll be fine. They aren't going to have to cut it off. It's still here," he said. "I'll be walking on it in a few days. Just doing therapy."

I have no more details about Sale's injury but this sounds like one of the most common types of fracture caused by rolling your ankle inward.  It usually involves the 5th metatarsal which is the long bone from which the two short phalanges of the little toe extend.  The avulsion fracture means a small part of bone is torn away from the main part of the bone and in the most common scenarios, it involves the proximal tip (closest to the heal) of the metatarsal.  Probably feels like a sprain and it usually heals well without surgery.  But this doesn't necessarily take into account the increased strains brought about by being an athlete at the highest levels of competition.

Since Sale throws lefty, the injury has occurred in the foot upon which he plants as he comes forward to throw his pitch and the part of his foot involved with the fracture is likely to be under the greatest strain with every pitch.  I'm hoping and expecting they're paying more attention to the team orthopedist than Sale, Cooper or their pancake eating champion team trainor.

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:18 pm

jaywit wrote:

I have no more details about Sale's injury but this sounds like one of the most common types of fracture caused by rolling your ankle inward.  It usually involves the 5th metatarsal which is the long bone from which the two short phalanges of the little toe extend.  The avulsion fracture means a small part of bone is torn away from the main part of the bone and in the most common scenarios, it involves the proximal tip (closest to the heal) of the metatarsal.  Probably feels like a sprain and it usually heals well without surgery.  But this doesn't necessarily take into account the increased strains brought about by being an athlete at the highest levels of competition.

Since Sale throws lefty, the injury has occurred in the foot upon which he plants as he comes forward to throw his pitch and the part of his foot involved with the fracture is likely to be under the greatest strain with every pitch.  I'm hoping and expecting they're paying more attention to the team orthopedist than Sale, Cooper or their pancake eating champion team trainor.

HERB SCORE!
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:25 pm

I hear they're bringing in Jake Peavy for a second opinion.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:31 pm

[b][i][color=#0000ff]I have no more details about Sale's injury but this sounds like one of the most common types of fracture caused by rolling your ankle inward.  It usually involves the 5th metatarsal which is the long bone from which the two short phalanges of the little toe extend.  The avulsion fracture means a small part of bone is torn away from the main part of the bone and in the most common scenarios, it involves the proximal tip (closest to the heal) of the metatarsal.  Probably feels like a sprain and it usually heals well without surgery. [/color][/i][/b]

[b][i][color=#0000ff]*****************************************************[/color][/i][/b]

[b][i][color=#0000ff]Yeah....but then again what do YOU know? I'm waiting to hear from the only one whose opinion really counts....the accountant.[/color][/i][/b]

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:45 pm

I was the one that asked Jay in the first place!!!!!!!

Pay attention Creampuff

Plus you agreed with what I orginally posted.  try going a memory alzheimer boy
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:18 pm

DAMN, if Sale does not pitch until May, how are people going to make their wild eyed April judgments and predictions based on games played in 35 degree weather?

THAT IS ALWAYS PRECIOUS!!!!!

winstonage
    Andy the Clown

Post by winstonage on Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:08 am

jaywit wrote:

I had the same injury, but I wasn't being a dumbass jumping off a pickup truck, I was running while drunk!
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:53 pm

winstonage wrote:
    jaywit wrote:

I had the same injury, but I wasn't being a dumbass jumping off a pickup truck, I was running while drunk!

I don't think I ever moved without having plenty of beers going around.  Wouldn't surprise me if Sale could say the same thing.

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:30 pm

Harry Caray wrote:DAMN, if Sale does not pitch until May, how are people going to make their wild eyed April judgments and predictions based on games played in 35 degree weather?

THAT IS ALWAYS PRECIOUS!!!!!

In this millenium, everytime the White Sox win the division, the were in 1st on May 1.

honversly, everytime they were not in 1st on may 1, they did not win the division.

The poster formerly known as KARK is sticking with this history lesson until it is proven wrng

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:52 pm

OOPS.  Looks like I made a mistake.  The White Sox were Champs of April in 2002, 2006 & 2009.

So winning April doesn't guarentee the White Sox a division title.

However, the converse is holding true.  In this millenium, the White Sox have yet to recover from a slow start.

So the revised theorem is that every time the White Sox are champs of April, they have a 50-50 shot of making the playoffs.  If they ain't champs of April, expect a long season
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:06 am

No matter that these are different players.

Fuck Sox History.

It sucks.

I will worry about April when the snow melts.

Ballgames played when it is 35 degrees are bullshit anyway.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:17 am

Harry Caray wrote:

Ballgames played when it is 35 degrees are bullshit anyway.

So is sitting at them.

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:15 pm

Robert,

The poster formerly known as KARK maintains that you can't win a division with 2 sub 500 months

Therefore, I'd hate start the year behind the 8 ball.

Despite your rants, April has typically been a reliable predictator for the White Sox.

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:18 pm

The White Sox 3 best April record this millenium are 2000, 2005 & 2006

Guess which 3 years the White Sox have had 90+ wins
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:00 pm

Therefore, I'd hate start the year behind the 8 ball.

I actually agree with this. Bobby always has a tendency to downplay early season performance and record but I've always been of the opinion that a win is a win and I don't give a fuck what time of year you get it. I don't see where a win in August is any more important than a win in April. Yeah, I know the season is a marathon and maybe it's a little harder to get excited over baseball when it's 32 degrees with snow flurries but it is what it is. I'd sure as hell rather see early season victories than lament at season's end the team missing the playoffs by two games when all it might have taken was to play a little better than the other guy back in April and May.
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:31 pm

I never said April games do not count in the standings.

There are 3 ways to make the Playoffs.

Going wire to wire in 1st place seems like the only thing Kark grasps....well, not the only thing....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:34 pm