Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Garbage picking time

Garbage picking time

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:13 pm

The poster formerly known as KARK wonders if there is anybody that slipped through the radar.

Happens every now and then.  Maybe they could get lucky with a Mike Adams signing

Is Hector Noesi really one the the White Sox top 5 starters?!?!??!?!?!?!

Which reminds me, what in the blue hell happened to Eric Johnson?!?!?!?!?!?

Anyway, if the White Sox are going to win it all, it will have to be in 1985 Royal style.  Ride the Cy Young and MVP and don't beat yourself by being stupid.

I think the Sox can a good grip on 1 & 2.  It's 3 that scares me
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Re: Garbage picking time

Post by Nomads44 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:52 pm

Father of Stan wrote:The poster formerly known as KARK wonders if there is anybody that slipped through the radar.

Happens every now and then.  Maybe they could get lucky with a Mike Adams signing

Is Hector Noesi really one the the White Sox top 5 starters?!?!??!?!?!?!

Which reminds me, what in the blue hell happened to Eric Johnson?!?!?!?!?!?

Anyway, if the White Sox are going to win it all, it will have to be in 1985 Royal style.  Ride the Cy Young and MVP and don't beat yourself by being stupid.

I think the Sox can a good grip on 1 & 2.  It's 3 that scares me
    Agree on Mike Adams as one of the better ones still unsigned.  Is K-Rod still out there?  Rafael Soriano?  All three might be a bit expensive because of past performances, but also could solidify the bullpen.
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:33 am

How expensive can they be if there is NO MARKET for them???  SPRING TRAINING HAS STARTED!!!!
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:16 am

Harry Caray wrote:How expensive can they be if there is NO MARKET for them???  SPRING TRAINING HAS STARTED!!!!
    Exactly the point.  Get them while they are cheap.  I doubt Beachy will ever be $2.75 again.  KRod was very effective last year, but I think he is holding out for some club willing to pay, or a team with a struggling or injured closer.
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:42 am

Right, Nomads.  There is no need for the Sox to go out and GUARANTEE CONTRACTS for some sort of Spring Training battle and eat the $$$$.  They can wait.  A Veteran Player is not going to sign and agree to go to the Minors and wait for his big shot at the Sox bullpen.  They don't need the money unless they are idiots.

What Spring Training battles are there among VETERANS anymore?

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:56 pm

Nomads44 wrote:
    Harry Caray wrote:How expensive can they be if there is NO MARKET for them???  SPRING TRAINING HAS STARTED!!!!
    Exactly the point.  Get them while they are cheap.  I doubt Beachy will ever be $2.75 again.  KRod was very effective last year, but I think he is holding out for some club willing to pay, or a team with a struggling or injured closer.

Last I heard, K-rod was supposed to be going back to Milwaukee...that fall thru??

winstonage
    Andy the Clown

Post by winstonage on Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:11 am

Chi-kid wrote:
    Nomads44 wrote:

Last I heard, K-rod was supposed to be going back to Milwaukee...that fall thru??

Boras wants 2 years 20mil for KRod. At this point in time he is not getting that kind of coin.
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:26 am

He sure as shit is not getting it from the White Sox for some sort of Spring Training competition for Fanboys to discuss.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:53 am