Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.


    What a shame!

    Share
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7108
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 50
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    What a shame!

    Post by alohafri on Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:23 am

    I feel badly for the kids on the Jackie Robinson West team. The adults that ran the team screwed them!
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 7318
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 51
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: What a shame!

    Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:28 am

    Except for the kids that perhaps knew they didn't belong.  There were a couple of kids on that team that I watched play last summer for some Naperville team in a tourney up in Wheeling.  I was surprised to see them playing for city team out of Chicago, but figured that the boundaries extended all over the Chicago area.  Funny thing was that I saw JRW's main catcher and also a very good pitcher playing for a 13 yr old team called the Naperville White Sox.  They wore the weird unis from the late 80s with the red, white and blue.  It's not unusual for a 12 yr old to play up at the 13 yr old level if he's good, but he was dominating the 13 yr old kids, and then a month later I see him playing in the 12 yr old series on tv.
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7108
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 50
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: What a shame!

    Post by alohafri on Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:42 am

    Soxillinirob wrote:Except for the kids that perhaps knew they didn't belong.  There were a couple of kids on that team that I watched play last summer for some Naperville team in a tourney up in Wheeling.  I was surprised to see them playing for city team out of Chicago, but figured that the boundaries extended all over the Chicago area.  Funny thing was that I saw JRW's main catcher and also a very good pitcher playing for a 13 yr old team called the Naperville White Sox.  They wore the weird unis from the late 80s with the red, white and blue.  It's not unusual for a 12 yr old to play up at the 13 yr old level if he's good, but he was dominating the 13 yr old kids, and then a month later I see him playing in the 12 yr old series on tv.

    Interesting. But I even feel sorry for those kids. I really doubt that those kids came up with the idea of lying about where they lived on their own.
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 7318
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 51
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: What a shame!

    Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:24 am

    alohafri wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:Except for the kids that perhaps knew they didn't belong.  There were a couple of kids on that team that I watched play last summer for some Naperville team in a tourney up in Wheeling.  I was surprised to see them playing for city team out of Chicago, but figured that the boundaries extended all over the Chicago area.  Funny thing was that I saw JRW's main catcher and also a very good pitcher playing for a 13 yr old team called the Naperville White Sox.  They wore the weird unis from the late 80s with the red, white and blue.  It's not unusual for a 12 yr old to play up at the 13 yr old level if he's good, but he was dominating the 13 yr old kids, and then a month later I see him playing in the 12 yr old series on tv.

    Interesting. But I even feel sorry for those kids. I really doubt that those kids came up with the idea of lying about where they lived on their own.

    Agreed.  They were probably even told by some adults that they were fine and could play with JRW.  I bet those kids from outside of the area didn't even know anything about it, other than that they were playing in the little league world series.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: What a shame!

    Post by Guest on Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:50 am

    The little league team from Nevada is now just one lawsuit away from winning it all

    Anyboy got any dirt on the South Koreans?!?!?!?

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: What a shame!

    Post by Guest on Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:03 pm

    The guy from Evergreen Park who supposedly found the proof said that schools and suburbs that were clearly out of district were bragging about their kid one their official web page

    Stupid ass adults didn't have the sense to keep quiet about it

    BTW, anybod see that show BAD COACH on spike TV. 9 of the biggest A hole coaches. Reminds me of the time Steve Ahl was doing little league with his kid and mocked the one coach who wore cleats and had the knee high stir ups, trying to look like a real ballplayer. Then was the biggest crybaby rub it in your face clown you'd ever want to meet.

    SON, YOU NEED TO SUCEED WERE I HAVE FAILED AND YOUR GLORY WILL PROVE I'm NOT A LOSER. NOW KEEP PRACTICING UNTIL YOU GET IT RIGHT. I DON'T CARE I YOU ARE HUNGRY AND TIRED AND STILL HAVE HOMEWORK. BE A MAN DAMN IT.
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 7318
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 51
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: What a shame!

    Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:55 pm

    Father of Stan wrote:
    SON, YOU NEED TO SUCEED WERE I HAVE FAILED AND YOUR GLORY WILL PROVE I'm NOT A LOSER.  NOW KEEP PRACTICING UNTIL YOU GET IT RIGHT.  I DON'T CARE I YOU ARE HUNGRY AND TIRED AND STILL HAVE HOMEWORK.  BE A MAN DAMN IT.

    Hey, watch it.  You just spelled out my life to a tee.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: What a shame!

    Post by Guest on Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:56 pm

    Good one Rob
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 7318
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 51
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: What a shame!

    Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:32 pm

    Father of Stan wrote:Good one Rob

    I was being serious.
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7108
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 50
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: What a shame!

    Post by alohafri on Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:58 am

    This Chicago alderwoman (Austin?) is saying that the title shouldn't have been stripped on a "technicality". The "technicality" is that some of the kids didn't live within the boundaries of the little league district. I wonder if her thoughts would change if she lost her upcoming election based on the same "technicality".

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: What a shame!

    Post by Guest on Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:41 am

    If illegals voted republican, the fence ould have been up yesterday

    But Jessie had it right. Every American I know was pissed a bunch of black kids won something. Now let's investigate those Koreans. Harry Reid's white boys deserved that title and the whole world knows it
    avatar
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 3601
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 57
    Location : Spokane, WA

    Re: What a shame!

    Post by jaywit on Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:58 am

    Father of Stan wrote:If illegals voted republican, the fence ould have been up yesterday

    But Jessie had it right. Every American I know was pissed a bunch of black kids won something.  Now let's investigate those Koreans.  Harry Reid's white boys deserved that title and the whole world knows it

    That's odd.  Of all the Americans I know, most didn't know a thing about the LLWS, and those that did were unconcerned about the race of the team.  And I live in Spokane, possibly the whitest city in the west.

    Personally, as a lifetime baseball fan, I was happy to see the all black team win with the hope that this may result in a return to baseball of the inner city black athletes.  Of all of this sport's shortcomings, the decreasing presence of the African American athlete is at the top of the list.  I just hope that this recent "scandal" doesn't derail any momentum that may have been developing to return these athletes to baseball.
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 7318
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 51
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: What a shame!

    Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:51 pm

    jaywit wrote:

    Personally, as a lifetime baseball fan, I was happy to see the all black team win with the hope that this may result in a return to baseball of the inner city black athletes.  Of all of this sport's shortcomings, the decreasing presence of the African American athlete is at the top of the list.  I just hope that this recent "scandal" doesn't derail any momentum that may have been developing to return these athletes to baseball.

    Agreed 100%, Jay.  I kind of hoped the same thing during the LLWS.  Great points.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: What a shame!

    Post by Guest on Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:19 pm

    Well excuse me for forgetting to use the sarcasm font

    The only people seriously using race as an issue are the hustlers like Jessie
    avatar
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2803
    Join date : 2012-02-07
    Location : Listening to Hawk in the Spankatorium!

    Re: What a shame!

    Post by Harry Caray on Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:28 pm

    The snitch from Evergreen Park is an absolute asshole.  He is an overgrown idiot.  He can't beat JRW so he fucked them over while admitting he cheats, too!!!


    JRW is Guilty.  But what does this ASSHOLE think he's proving?  This pussy ought to have called the JRW coaches after the whole thing was over and told them you keep pulling this shit, I am turning you in.  WARN THEM.


    Stool Pigeon.  Rat.  Snitch.


    On FB he has ONE DEFENDER.......BEL!!!!


    Enough said.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: What a shame!

    Post by Guest on Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:38 am

    Wow, never heard the part about Evergreen cheating as well.  But did hear former A's great mike Mulder claim this has been going on since he was a kid.

    One has to wonder, why have a rule that nobody is going to follow and nobody is going to enforce?

    BTW, my brother Jessie did make a good point.  Those chink teams are national.  Our boys are local teams.
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 7318
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 51
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: What a shame!

    Post by Soxillinirob on Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:10 am

    Sounds like everyone's breaking the rules openly and everyone knows about it.  Shame for the kids that suffer from this, but I don't give two shits about how the adults feel.  One rule breaker telling on another sounds kind of like one criminal stealing money from another.  I generally don't feel bad for either.
    avatar
    TeleFrank
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

    Posts : 1045
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Location : Portage Park

    Re: What a shame!

    Post by TeleFrank on Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:34 pm

    alohafri wrote:This Chicago alderwoman (Austin?) is saying that the title shouldn't have been stripped on a "technicality". The "technicality" is that some of the kids didn't live within the boundaries of the little league district. I wonder if her thoughts would change if she lost her upcoming election based on the same "technicality".
    The correct term is Alderman regardless of the sex of the person. 
    avatar
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2803
    Join date : 2012-02-07
    Location : Listening to Hawk in the Spankatorium!

    Re: What a shame!

    Post by Harry Caray on Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:47 pm

    These Youth Coaches can have their own damned agendas.  The AAU Basketball Coaches.  The High School Basketball Coaches.  Some of these Little League Baseball Coaches and Park District Coaches are just a joke.  It is NOT all about the kids....it is THEM acting like kids.  Competing through kids.  I do not understand what this Evergreen Park Coach gets out of snitching.  He is an admitted cheat himself.  His ratting out JRW serves only HIS purposes.  The lesson to be learned is not Truth, Justice and the American Way....it is him being a stool pigeon to get a competitive edge on JRW.  HE wants to WIN.  All about this DOUCHEBAG.  Not about the kids.


    When I look at FANBOYISM for pro sports or NCAA teams, I get a charge out of it, because older adults are either trying to have a second childhood or else somehow pretend they are important to a sports entertainment business or a school, but FANBOYS are HARMLESS.  The FANBOY imagination of being a part of it is not affecting anyone else, unless some NCAA FANBOY is paying off players or doing NCAA illegal things.
    Somebody worrying about the White Sox 22 hours a day because they have nothing else to do is HARMLESS.  A lot of these youth coaches, these "volunteers", do way more harm than good. 

    frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 2470
    Join date : 2009-04-05

    Re: What a shame!

    Post by frank bonifacic on Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:35 am

    Soxillinirob wrote:Sounds like everyone's breaking the rules openly and everyone knows about it.  Shame for the kids that suffer from this, but I don't give two shits about how the adults feel.  One rule breaker telling on another sounds kind of like one criminal stealing money from another.  I generally don't feel bad for either.
    The evergreen coach said that he allowed out of district kids to pkay during regular season but never for an all star team.

    The issue that bothers me is a number if things.
    The kids that didn't get on the team because of the ringers:
    The kids in Indiana who thought they would have loved to go to Cooperstown who lost in Great Lakes final .
    The team from Rhode Island who had a 7-5 lead on JRW with 2 innings to
    Play in the semifinal game
    They all have to wonder "what if there were no ringers on the team "

    MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 4295
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Location : Area 51

    Re: What a shame!

    Post by MGJOHNSON on Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:43 am

    At least they didn't deflate the baseballs. geek
    avatar
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2803
    Join date : 2012-02-07
    Location : Listening to Hawk in the Spankatorium!

    Re: What a shame!

    Post by Harry Caray on Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:55 am

    This tournament is all about cheating.  How about that kid 15 or so years ago pitching for a New York team who was 14 years old and from the Dominican?  The "purity" and "sanctity" of Little League!!!!  LMAO!!
    avatar
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 2803
    Join date : 2012-02-07
    Location : Listening to Hawk in the Spankatorium!

    Re: What a shame!

    Post by Harry Caray on Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:04 am

    The Little League Champions of 1975, 1976 and 2001 were disqualified.
    In 1997 the Little League said they were going to enforce the rules....Taiwan withdrew.
    The Evergreen Park Coach is nothing but a rat.  What a stupid ass.  Destroy a feel good story.  He is another dunce who is a self important buffoon.  
    avatar
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

    Posts : 7108
    Join date : 2009-04-03
    Age : 50
    Location : Southwest Suburbs

    Re: What a shame!

    Post by alohafri on Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:01 am

    TeleFrank wrote:
    alohafri wrote:This Chicago alderwoman (Austin?) is saying that the title shouldn't have been stripped on a "technicality". The "technicality" is that some of the kids didn't live within the boundaries of the little league district. I wonder if her thoughts would change if she lost her upcoming election based on the same "technicality".
    The correct term is Alderman regardless of the sex of the person. 

    Not living in Chicago, I didn't know. I'm glad that there is something that hasn't been politically correcticized.
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 7318
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 51
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: What a shame!

    Post by Soxillinirob on Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:05 am

    alohafri wrote:
    Not living in Chicago, I didn't know. I'm glad that there is something that hasn't been politically correcticized.

    Give it a little time, Kevin.

    Sponsored content

    Re: What a shame!

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:42 pm