Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Where's the dancing??

Where's the dancing??

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:32 pm

Victor martinez goes down, possibly for the year, and nobody has scheduled the parade or at least printed playoff tickets?  When's the bandwagon starting?
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Where's the dancing??

Post by Soxillinirob on Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:24 am

Hard to imagine it's for a year.  Torn meniscus is about as simple a surgery and recovery as one can have.  If he opts for the repair, rather than the removal of the torn piece, then it might be most of the season or at least half of it.  Of course, if he still wants to catch, rather than just DH, it'll be longer.  I've had each of my knees repaired for this injury in the past 4 yrs.  In each case, I was able to play basketball full strength within about 10-12 days.  Granted, that's not the recommended recovery time, but it got boring sitting around and waiting.  I won't be surprised if he spends most or all of the season DH'ing for them if he opts for the removal of the torn piece, instead of putting it all back together and waiting for it to heal up.

Worth considering....Derrick Rose opted for the repair, presumably because he's young, and has his whole career ahead of him, and didn't want the longer term arthritis that's supposed to come with removal of the tear.  That ended up costing him all of last season.  One would think that Victor would go with the removal instead, since he'll be lucky to have more than just a couple seasons left in him at this point.
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:14 am

Soxillinirob wrote:Hard to imagine it's for a year.  Torn meniscus is about as simple a surgery and recovery as one can have.  If he opts for the repair, rather than the removal of the torn piece, then it might be most of the season or at least half of it.  Of course, if he still wants to catch, rather than just DH, it'll be longer.  I've had each of my knees repaired for this injury in the past 4 yrs.  In each case, I was able to play basketball full strength within about 10-12 days.  Granted, that's not the recommended recovery time, but it got boring sitting around and waiting.  I won't be surprised if he spends most or all of the season DH'ing for them if he opts for the removal of the torn piece, instead of putting it all back together and waiting for it to heal up.
    Worth considering....Derrick Rose opted for the repair, presumably because he's young, and has his whole career ahead of him, and didn't want the longer term arthritis that's supposed to come with removal of the tear.  That ended up costing him all of last season.  One would think that Victor would go with the removal instead, since he'll be lucky to have more than just a couple seasons left in him at this point.

I think he's supposed to go in for surgery in a few days and have a 4-7 week recovery. If it's the more intense procedure, he misses 4-5 months.  Even if he's back in mid-April, it's a good bet he won't be the hitting monster he was last year.  I think that was a good bet even without the surgery as his 2014 season came out of nowhere -jumping from 14 HR's/785 OPS to 32 HR's/974 OPS..  In the old days, the word "steroids" would light up in neon.  As to Catching, he's basically shit-canned that already-caught only 2 games last year,  3 the year before. 
    As to the Tigers as a whole, they are ready to fall off their perch.  Scherzer and Porcello gone, V-Mart likely to fall off bigtime, JD Martinez probably a one-year wonder, Verlander and Nathan are in the toilet, and Cabrera and Kinsler may be in decline.  They look very beatable in 2015.
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:28 am

I don't lead cheers for injuries.

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:45 pm

Sox are winning regardless.

But not so Sharpy in typical lib fashion wants to go up against a weakened opponent because he fears a real challenge

Not the KARK. I'm like Goku. I want the toughest possible opponent at his best. Then you know where you truly stand.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:43 pm

Chi-kid wrote:Victor martinez goes down, possibly for the year, and nobody has scheduled the parade or at least printed playoff tickets?  When's the bandwagon starting?

You must have us confused with Bum.
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:59 am

KARMA!!!!!

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:10 am

TAKE IT TO THE WRESTLING BOARD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content