Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Murph in an UPROAR!!!

Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Murph in an UPROAR!!!

Post by Shooters Buffet on Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:37 pm

Murph is PISSED OFF!!!  Seems the Sox have hired some 34 year old NOISEMAKER to bring the "N.B.A. game experience" to Sox Games.  The guy has worked for the Heat and the New Orleans Pelicans.

Sounds like all kinds of canned noise in conjunction with the video board.

Murph wants season ticket holders to call their ticket reps to COMPLAIN!!!  I suppose the Sox are expected to FIRE the guy because Murph is pissed!!!

ROTFLMFAO.  I can't wait for the "DEFENSE DEFENSE" chant when Gordon come in the game in the top of the Eighth!!!

Murph's greatest line on his FB Page about this hire is the Sox should WAIT until current Fans are gone before attempting to attract a new younger crowd!!!

Instead of 20 somethings who will pound down the beers and wolf down the food, the Sox should cater to the OLD MAN SHOOTERS BUFFET bunch!!!!!!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor  
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Murph in an UPROAR!!!

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:48 pm

Gotta say, I agree with Murph.  There is nothing worse than that loud-assed canned shit audio that they sometimes play at Sox games.  My dad stopped attending when he got into his 60's just because he couldn't stand it.  I was in my 30's at the time and also couldn't stand it. 

It's amazing that this is what will supposedly attract America's younger generation.  What on earth do they like about all of that?  Music is fine, but the audio at the Cell is annoying.
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:57 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:Gotta say, I agree with Murph.  There is nothing worse than that loud-assed canned shit audio that they sometimes play at Sox games.  My dad stopped attending when he got into his 60's just because he couldn't stand it.  I was in my 30's at the time and also couldn't stand it. 

It's amazing that this is what will supposedly attract America's younger generation.  What on earth do they like about all of that?  Music is fine, but the audio at the Cell is annoying.
    Bobby just turns down his hearing aid!
    Jack Brickhouse
    Andy the Clown

Post by Jack Brickhouse on Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:14 pm

I will buy one and turn it UP!!!

I am going to Hip Hop and Rap!!!!
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:49 pm

Peg and I play Buzztime trivia and the past few years, in order to attract that younger crowd (18-30), they started to overload the game with current pop culture questions. The number of players has steadily declined over that time. My guess is that the vaunted "target audience" still isn't playing, and the regular players, sick of questions they can't answer, are staying home.

Guess what? Guys and girls in that "target crowd" aren't going to places like BWW to play trivia on a television set. They are going to clubs to meet people. You can't do that while playing trivia. No matter how much rap music or activities for the ADHD set you come up with, young people aren't going to baseball games and spend that kind of money unless they are baseball fans. That stuff isn't going to make baseball fans out of people. 

Speeding up the game so you don't have to sacrifice 5 hours on a weekday night, and that's a good start.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:17 pm

alohafri wrote:
    Speeding up the game so you don't have to sacrifice 5 hours on a weekday night, and that's a good start.

I was thinking moving the park closer to St. Charles would be a good start.
    Jack Brickhouse
    Andy the Clown

Post by Jack Brickhouse on Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:45 pm

What tickles me is Almighty Murph wants season ticket holders to call their reps to complain.
    The "N.B.A. Experience" guy is ON THE PAYROLL.
    The decision has been made.
    Maybe if there are enough complaints during the season, AFTER they implement this idea, it will be dumped.
    Brooks Boyer is not taking orders or answering to the ticket reps.
    The Sox need new and different marketing ideas.
    THEY ALSO NEED FANS THAT ARE NOT OLD MEN LISTENING TO MURPH PONTIFICATE IN DUMPY ASS BUFFETS.
    Fanboys from Shooters Buffet are not the future.  Hell, some of them would NEVER go if John wasn't herding them like cattle while they complain about the cost of an upper deck ticket.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:01 pm

Jack Brickhouse wrote:What tickles me is Almighty Murph wants season ticket holders to call their reps to complain.
    The "N.B.A. Experience" guy is ON THE PAYROLL.
    The decision has been made.
    Maybe if there are enough complaints during the season, AFTER they implement this idea, it will be dumped.
    Brooks Boyer is not taking orders or answering to the ticket reps.

DJ Joe Stefan was on the payroll too. Of course, he was an idiot altogether.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:01 am