Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Edwin Jackson?

alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Edwin Jackson?

Post by alohafri on Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:20 pm

Not so much.
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Re: Edwin Jackson?

Post by Nomads44 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:05 pm

alohafri wrote:Not so much.

On his way to Milwaukee for the Prince, who maybe will not reject the Sox as Berkman did, and apparently as Dunn is doing. Maybe Milwaukee was impressed by his no-hitter. I sure wasn't.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:21 pm

Nomads44 wrote:

On his way to Milwaukee for the Prince, who maybe will not reject the Sox as Berkman did, and apparently as Dunn is doing. Maybe Milwaukee was impressed by his no-hitter. I sure wasn't.

Possibly, but then who is #5? Kark?
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:46 pm

alohafri wrote:
    Nomads44 wrote:

Tony Pena wants the job. And did anyone ever pick up Washburn? Did he retire?
    TeleFrank
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by TeleFrank on Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:33 am

I still don't see the need for a DH. Especially Fielder can he take just sitting and hitting. I mean the man has the body of a.. ah, a... There must be a special regime he goes thru to keep sharp for the demands of playing 1st base.
    jfraser375
    Cash/Callison Fan Club President

Post by jfraser375 on Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:30 pm

alohafri wrote:
    Nomads44 wrote:

Why? That was one of the most memorable performances by a pitcher since the time a pitcher hit two grand slams in the same game! Okay, maybe I can't remember the guy's name, but it was still memorable.
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:22 pm

jfraser375 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    Nomads44 wrote:

Why? That was one of the most memorable performances by a pitcher since the time a pitcher hit two grand slams in the same game! Okay, maybe I can't remember the guy's name, but it was still memorable.

Tony Cloninger with the Braves, I think, but they might have already moved to Atlanta by the time that happened. But being from Milwaukee, I can see why it would stick with you.
    TeleFrank
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by TeleFrank on Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Today's Trib paints Don Cooper as a miracle worker with pitchers. Seems that Cooper thinks he can fix Jackson. Let's see what happens.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:17 pm

TeleFrank wrote:Today's Trib paints Don Cooper as a miracle worker with pitchers. Seems that Cooper thinks he can fix Jackson. Let's see what happens.

Peg was saying she was reading about Coop last night and that he noticed a Kerry Wood/Mark Prior like flaw in Strasburg. If he picks that up and is right about it, the man could be the genius he is being painted as (some are calling him the best pitching coach in baseball). I sure hope he can fix Jackson.
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:11 pm

Peg was saying she was reading about Coop last night and that he noticed a Kerry Wood/Mark Prior like flaw in Strasburg.[/quote]

Last edited by Nomads44 on Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Duplicated)
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:13 pm

alohafri wrote:
    TeleFrank wrote:Today's Trib paints Don Cooper as a miracle worker with pitchers. Seems that Cooper thinks he can fix Jackson. Let's see what happens.

Peg was saying she was reading about Coop last night and that he noticed a Kerry Wood/Mark Prior like flaw in Strasburg. If he picks that up and is right about it, the man could be the genius he is being painted as (some are calling him the best pitching coach in baseball). I sure hope he can fix Jackson.

I made the comparison to those same two over the weekend to his fantasy club owner in my league, hoping he did not get burned in the same way on his investment.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:36 am