Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

KARK proven correct yet again

Re: KARK proven correct yet again

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:07 pm

Unless his name is Jerry Dybzinski...

sheeeeeeet .if it wasn't for this Pollack, the sox wouldn't have sniffed the playoffs. He stabilized the most important part of the infield.   Get off his back already.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:28 pm

MGJOHNSON wrote:
    rmapasad wrote:
    tHe SicKo FANt wrote:
    sox55 wrote:
    tHe SicKo FANt wrote:To say Beckham is better than Sanchez is ridiculous.

Didn't you tell me the same thing a couple years ago when the price of gas was pushing $5 a gallon and I claimed that if the USA got serious, there is no reason it couldn't be back to $2?

Sanchez, in 100 AB had 3 BB, 25K and a measly 5 extra base hits.  Reminds me a lot of Ron Karkovice's 1986 cup of coffee when he hit 247 in 97AB.  Next year, Karko was completely over matched.  I see the exact same thing happening to Sanchez.

so yes, give me Beckham at 240 instead of Sanchez at 140

But then, I understand and know how to interept baseball stats.  I don't hide behind a handful of amateur bloggers who invent meaningless coefficients to make their BS formulas work

PS, DAMN YOU MART FOR BEATING ME TO THE DIBBER LINE

tongue
    Gordon Beckham...................Your COY award awaits!!

DAMN STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!

THE KID STILL HAS THE TONS OF TALENT THAT MADE HIM #8 IN THE NATION

SOMETIMES YOU DON'T REACH THE TOP UNTIL AFTER YOU HIT THE BOTTOM.

ONE CAN JUST SEE BECKHAM'S INNER RYNO JUST WAITING TO COME OUT.

THAT IS, IF YOU ACTUALLY WATCH THE GAMES, INSTEAD OF PEAKING AT IT THRU YOUR SLIDERULE

Phoenix will rise from the ashes !!

Really to be win "Comeback of the Year" a player has to have been good enough at some point to have dipped and then come back from a dismal year, not a slough of dismal years.  They don't usually give the award to perennial stinkers.

LOL, actually Casey McGehee won the award this year and there are some similarities to his and GB's career arch. They both were ROY candidates in 2009.  McGehee still was good the next year - .285, 23 HR's.   But after his sophomore season, he lost it - hitting .223 and .217 the next couple seasons.. He was out all of 2013 with an injury then bounced back to hit .287 last year with Marlins.   But his power was gone (4 HR's) and his  2014 "Comeback" was still 150 OPS shy of his rookie season.  So he didn't even have to come ALL all the way back to win the COY.  Nor did he have be that good - a meager 712 OPS got him the award.
    So all that might bode well for Beckham as a 712 OPS would be nearly a 100 point jump over 2014 - a fairly big improvement.  And like McGehee it still wouldn't match his rookie year.  But apparently the bar for COY isn't a particularly high one.

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:36 am

Chi-kid wrote:Unless his name is Jerry Dybzinski...

sheeeeeeet .if it wasn't for this Pollack, the sox wouldn't have sniffed the playoffs. He stabilized the most important part of the infield.   Get off his back already.

Exactly what Beckham will do this year!!!!!!!

Somebody explain it to the Califorian with the calculator

That man can't see the forest thru the trees

The KARK, well he can envision the town after all the trees have been chopped down to build houses and the forest is now a Walmart, a Menards, and a Chic Fil A
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:56 pm

Chi-kid wrote:Unless his name is Jerry Dybzinski...

I give more credit to Julio Cruz for their turn-around and he helped shore up a weak middle infield.  The team went 71-31 after he was acquired.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:54 pm

jaywit wrote:
    sox55 wrote:
    tHe SicKo FANt wrote:To say Beckham is better than Sanchez is ridiculous.

Didn't you tell me the same thing a couple years ago when the price of gas was pushing $5 a gallon and I claimed that if the USA got serious, there is no reason it couldn't be back to $2?

Sanchez, in 100 AB had 3 BB, 25K and a measly 5 extra base hits.  Reminds me a lot of Ron Karkovice's 1986 cup of coffee when he hit 247 in 97AB.  Next year, Karko was completely over matched.  I see the exact same thing happening to Sanchez.

so yes, give me Beckham at 240 instead of Sanchez at 140

But then, I understand and know how to interept baseball stats.  I don't hide behind a handful of amateur bloggers who invent meaningless coefficients to make their BS formulas work

PS, DAMN YOU MART FOR BEATING ME TO THE DIBBER LINE

tongue
    Gordon Beckham...................Your COY award awaits!!

Isn't COY, coach of the year?  Are you meaning comeback player of the year?  Aren't people who win that award required to have previously had a good year to come back to?

Yeah, Beckham would have to have two good years with one of his usual crappy years sandwiched in between.  A crappy year wouldn't seem to be too much of a problem for him, but the other two...
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:27 pm

Good old Gordon becomes a free agent early for the wrong reason.....NON TENDERED.

You can damned well bet he had ZERO offers.

Japan probably did not call!!!

I am starting to believe CHAIRMAN has his hands in this great glorious return of an even bigger failure than BUDDY BRADFORD!!!
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:48 pm

Gordon Beckham wrote:Good old Gordon becomes a free agent early for the wrong reason.....NON TENDERED.

I am starting to believe CHAIRMAN has his hands in this great glorious return of an even bigger failure than BUDDY BRADFORD!!!
    Hey, hey, hey... Don't you know that Gordo has returned to redeem himself and lead the Sox to glory in 2015 ?  It's such a perfect Sox story- returning to the nest !!!
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:32 pm

Roger, that is so Chicago.  Have somebody RETURN TO THE NEST.

And lately, which OWNER is prominent in that regard.....why it is Jerry Reinsdorf.  BRING THEM ALL BACK IN SOME CAPACITY.

This has Reinsdorf's fingerprints all over it.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:23 am

Gordon Beckham wrote:Good old Gordon becomes a free agent early for the wrong reason.....NON TENDERED.

Hey, Bobby, creepy Reinsdorf gets a 2-for with Beckham's father-in-law Scotty Fletcher from the old "winning ugly" team.

White Sox baseball - Old stiffs never die, THEY JUST KEEP COMING BACK.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:59 am

I remember when Reinsdorf admitted HE signed Over the Hill STIFF Ben Wallace for the Bulls over the objection of his minion, John Paxson.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:41 pm