Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Sox need a rightie

Sox need a rightie

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:17 pm

Sox need a good right hander in their rotation....the Nationals have about 10 extra ones ...trade anyone??
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Re: Sox need a rightie

Post by Nomads44 on Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:17 pm

Chi-kid wrote:Sox need a good right hander in their rotation....the Nationals have about 10 extra ones ...trade anyone??

Strasburg or Zimmerman would break the bank, but it might be interesting to see what they would require.  I'd think the Sox could not afford the asking price.

Not sure why the Nat's did that.  A.J. Cole, Gio Gonzalez and Doug Fister along with the above two was already pretty solid.  That seems like one stupid contract for a team that really did not need him that badly.

Gio their only lefty starter.  Maybe they would take Danks and ?? (Viciedo?? and a prospect)  for Cole since they do not seem to need Cole anymore.

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:09 am

What about the Eric Johnson comeback?!?!??!?
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:32 pm

Nomads44 wrote:
    Chi-kid wrote:Sox need a good right hander in their rotation....the Nationals have about 10 extra ones ...trade anyone??

Strasburg or Zimmerman would break the bank, but it might be interesting to see what they would require.  I'd think the Sox could not afford the asking price.

Win now! John Danks and The Tank!  Wink

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/01/20/with-scherzer-in-stephen-strasburg-could-be-on-the-way-out-of-w/21132182/

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:49 pm

NO WEAKNESSES!!!!!!

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:52 pm

Zimmerman would break the bank

He's under contract thru this season ..so is Alphabet soup. Since this is obviously win now - you get him and try to win now..if he leaves after the season, oh well, he and Samson can carry each other bags out the door
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:32 pm

Nomads44 wrote:
    Not sure why the Nat's did that.  A.J. Cole, Gio Gonzalez and Doug Fister along with the above two was already pretty solid.  That seems like one stupid contract for a team that really did not need him that badly.
    Gio their only lefty starter.  Maybe they would take Danks and ?? (Viciedo?? and a prospect)  for Cole since they do not seem to need Cole anymore.

Agree, Jim, that Cole could be a good target considering the Nats' current surplus of SP's.  But I can't see them entertaining more than a 10 second conversation about discards like Danks and Viciedo.  They'd have to get someone the calibre of Tim Anderson for it to make sense for them.  Anderson is ranked even lower (82nd) than Cole (56th) on a recent list.  But Nats will need a SS if Desmond leaves after his contract is up this year. Of course the Sox may consider Anderson fairly untouchable as they'll need a SS after Alexei is gone.

winstonage
    Andy the Clown

Post by winstonage on Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:40 pm

rmapasad wrote:
    Nomads44 wrote:

Agree, Jim, that Cole could be a good target considering the Nats' current surplus of SP's.  But I can't see them entertaining more than a 10 second conversation about discards like Danks and Viciedo.  They'd have to get someone the calibre of Tim Anderson for it to make sense for them.  Anderson is ranked even lower (82nd) than Cole (56th) on a recent list.  But Nats will need a SS if Desmond leaves after his contract is up this year. Of course the Sox may consider Anderson fairly untouchable as they'll need a SS after Alexei is gone.

Guys, I don't see the Nats moving a starter unless it solves their 2nd base problem.

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:15 pm

Anderson is ranked even lower (82nd) than Cole (56th) on a recent list.  But Nats will need a SS if Desmond leaves after his contract is up this year. 

Nats are getting trea Thompson from the padres as soon as he is one year past the draft date. He is the player to be named later in their recent trade

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:33 am

It wouldn't be surprising to see the Sox go after one of the Dbacks right-handers like Chase Anderson or Randall Delgado.  The Dbacks need a catcher, although it doesn't seem like Tony LaRussa or his toadie Dave Stewart have figured that out yet.  With the Sox adding Geovanny Soto, George Kottaras, and Rob Brantly, Tyler Flowers may be on his way out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:00 pm