Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Where will Beckham sign?

sox55
    Roof Shot

Where will Beckham sign?

Post by sox55 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:51 pm

DiGiovanna also notes (Twitter link) that a reunion with Gordon Beckham now looks unlikely for the Angels“We’ve built up quite a bit of infield depth,” Dipoto told reporters. Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register was also on hand, and he tweets that Dipoto said the team is “playing it by ear” regarding Beckham. Fletcher, too, feels that Beckham will sign elsewhere. 

My guess is Atlanta.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Where will Beckham sign?

Post by MGJOHNSON on Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:38 pm

The Hiroshima Carp
    Father of Satan
    Disco Demolition Expert

Post by Father of Satan on Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:29 am

The Hell 666ers!

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:23 pm

The Bangkok Suckers

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:04 pm

Bagley's Softball team, Calumet City

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:36 pm

sox55 wrote:DiGiovanna also notes (Twitter link) that a reunion with Gordon Beckham now looks unlikely for the Angels“We’ve built up quite a bit of infield depth,” Dipoto told reporters. Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register was also on hand, and he tweets that Dipoto said the team is “playing it by ear” regarding Beckham. Fletcher, too, feels that Beckham will sign elsewhere. 

My guess is Atlanta.

Seriously though, John, Beckham may land up where most incompetents go, namely Washington, D.C.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:57 am

Chico's Bail Bonds Bears.

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:17 am

MGJOHNSON wrote:The Bangkok Suckers

the above comment is beyond ignorant.

I suspect the only reason this was written is that the poster formerly known as KARK married a woman that was born in Thailand

I believe you owe this board an apolgy

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:22 am

It is my firm belief, that as of this morning, the Chicago White Sox do not have 25 players better than Gordon Beckham.

They may have 23 or 24 players better than him, but they do not have 25.

If I'm running the team, I give it another 30 days.  If Beckham is still unsigned, then offer him a minor league contract with a spring training invite.  If for some strange reason, I find myself in a bidding war for beckham, my top offer is 1 yr 2 million.  If that is not enough, then like Peter Green used to say, OH WELL
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:08 am

Father of Stan wrote:It is my firm belief, that as of this morning, the Chicago White Sox do not have 25 players better than Gordon Beckham.
    If I'm running the team, I give it another 30 days.  If Beckham is still unsigned, then offer him a minor league contract with a spring training invite.  If for some strange reason, I find myself in a bidding war for beckham, my top offer is 1 yr 2 million.  If that is not enough, then like Peter Green used to say, OH WELL

Beckham's agent may be holding out for a club like Toronto or Atlanta, who have vacancies of sorts at 2b, to give Gordo one last shot at a starting gig.   But once it's clear that won't happen (there are a couple Cuban middle infielders looking to sign plus Ben Zobrist) there might be a few clubs interested in Beckham as a utility guy.  Just don't think it's a good idea to allow Ventura the temptation to use Beckham.  Hahn has basically given him a roster in which the choices as to who starts and who doesn't are crystal clear. It should be kept that way.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:15 am

Father of Stan wrote:
    MGJOHNSON wrote:The Bangkok Suckers

the above comment is beyond ignorant.

I suspect the only reason this was written is that the poster formerly known as KARK married a woman that was born in Thailand

I believe you owe this board an apolgy

As I told you before, a sucker is a fish, much like a carp.  You just have a dirty, filthy mind and insist on reading your depravation into any statement. tongue

As for the Thai people, I have a great amount of respect.  As for your wife, regardless of her nationality, I have a great amount of sympathy. Wink

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:52 am

A CARP?!?!?!?!?!?!?

LIKE KARP ANNA?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

NOW YOU OWE THE BOARD 2 APOLOGIES

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:55 am

rmapasad wrote:
    Father of Stan wrote:It is my firm belief, that as of this morning, the Chicago White Sox do not have 25 players better than Gordon Beckham.

Beckham's agent may be holding out for a club like Toronto or Atlanta, who have vacancies of sorts at 2b, to give Gordo one last shot at a starting gig.   But once it's clear that won't happen (there are a couple Cuban middle infielders looking to sign plus Ben Zobrist) there might be a few clubs interested in Beckham as a utility guy.  Just don't think it's a good idea to allow Ventura the temptation to use Beckham.  Hahn has basically given him a roster in which the choices as to who starts and who doesn't are crystal clear. It should be kept that way.

Carlos Sanchez and Micah Johnson are hardly crystal clear choices.

A platton partner for dizzy Gillespie might not be a bad idea either
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:09 am

As for the Thai people, I have a great amount of respect. As for your wife, regardless of her nationality, I have a great amount of sympathy.

LMAO!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers
    TeleFrank
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by TeleFrank on Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:06 pm

I hear the Chevy dealership in his home town is looking for sales reps.
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:12 pm

Father of Stan wrote:
    Carlos Sanchez and Micah Johnson are hardly crystal clear choices.

A platton partner for dizzy Gillespie might not be a bad idea either

Right now, Bonafacio is the starting 2bman and Sanchez might be the utility IFer.  Unless the Sox want Sanchez to get more seasoning in AAA, in which case Leury Garcia is the current utility IFer.   To be sure, Beckham would be a better utility IFer than Garcia but that isn't saying much.   Several other guys floating around in free agency would be too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:50 am