Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Seth Smith

Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Seth Smith

Post by Nomads44 on Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:04 am

With the Padres revamping their OF with some bigger names, I wonder if they could use Viciedo's pinch hit power for Seth Smith, who could surely play a better LF and offer a more versatile player.
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Re: Seth Smith

Post by rmapasad on Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:56 am

Nomads44 wrote:With the Padres revamping their OF with some bigger names, I wonder if they could use Viciedo's pinch hit power for Seth Smith, who could surely play a better LF and offer a more versatile player.

Jim, agree it's hard to figure what the Padres are doing with 6 outfielders all of a sudden.  Maybe they turn Smith into a 1bman this year.  Although Smith, just like Maybin and Venable, could be on the trading block too.  But I can't imagine how Viciedo and his 686 OPS would be considered a fair exchange for Smith and his 807 OPS unless the Padre GM made that deal after consuming several pints of alcohol..

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:18 am

rmapasad wrote:
    Nomads44 wrote:With the Padres revamping their OF with some bigger names, I wonder if they could use Viciedo's pinch hit power for Seth Smith, who could surely play a better LF and offer a more versatile player.

Jim, agree it's hard to figure what the Padres are doing with 6 outfielders all of a sudden.  Maybe they turn Smith into a 1bman this year.  Although Smith, just like Maybin and Venable, could be on the trading block too.  But I can't imagine how Viciedo and his 686 OPS would be considered a fair exchange for Smith and his 807 OPS unless the Padre GM made that deal after consuming several pints of alcohol..

Kenny is probably there right now spiking his eggnog.

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:50 am

Given Adam Eaton's extreme style of play, I would think the Sox would be looking for a 4th OF that is capable for starting in CF in a pinch

The Sox lineup at best is just a bit better than average, and it isn't very deep.  That's why they are so to pull the trigger on Viciedo

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:18 am

Father of Stan wrote:Given Adam Eaton's extreme style of play, I would think the Sox would be looking for a 4th OF that is capable for starting in CF in a pinch

The Sox lineup at best is just a bit better than average, and it isn't very deep.  That's why they are so to pull the trigger on Viciedo

Isn't Colby Rasmus a free agent? He'd fit your job description.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:25 am

Chi-kid wrote:
    Father of Stan wrote:Given Adam Eaton's extreme style of play, I would think the Sox would be looking for a 4th OF that is capable for starting in CF in a pinch

Isn't Colby Rasmus a free agent? He'd fit your job description.

Didn't Rasmus sign with the Cubs...or were they just looking into him as an option?

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:31 am

Well, the Sox did sign Tony Campana to a minor league contract.  He can play all three outfield positions and should be able to beat Jordan Danks out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:35 am