Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Jared Mitchell

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Jared Mitchell

Post by MGJOHNSON on Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:24 pm

From Rotoworld.com:

"White Sox sent OF Jared Mitchell outright to Triple-A Charlotte. Mitchell was a first-round pick in 2009 and once considered a top prospect, but he has not met the hype. The 26-year-old is no longer on Chicago's 40-man roster."

Maybe the Sox will get lucky with someone claiming him in the Rule 5 draft next month.  Mitchell is another guy who has "Cubs" written all over him.
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Jared Mitchell

Post by jaywit on Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:12 pm

MGJOHNSON wrote:From Rotoworld.com:

"White Sox sent OF Jared Mitchell outright to Triple-A Charlotte. Mitchell was a first-round pick in 2009 and once considered a top prospect, but he has not met the hype. The 26-year-old is no longer on Chicago's 40-man roster."

Maybe the Sox will get lucky with someone claiming him in the Rule 5 draft next month.  Mitchell is another guy who has "Cubs" written all over him.

Given recent history, seems more like he's got "Sox" written all over him.

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:19 pm

Like there was anybody better taken after him....
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:26 pm

Last I checked the Cubs and Sox had the same number of wins last season.  If some Sox Fan feels better about wasting time on the Sox by ripping the Cubs, that's great.  Have at it.

This Mitchell was one of many wated first round draft picks by the hapless White Sox and numb nuts WIN NOW Kenny Williams.

The Sox suck.

KENNY DOES NOT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT REBUILDING!!!!

LMFAO!!!!  The guy that burned the house down to its foundation and has the Sox living in a tent DOES NOT LIKE THE WORD REBUILDING.

Let's point fingers at the Cubs while we waste time with the HORSESHIT White Sox.  Makes a lot of sense.  You would think a sociologist or psychologist would look into this pure Chicago phenomenon.  Write a paper....Title it "Who's Shit Smells Worse????   The lifetime of Chicago Baseball Fans."

THE CUBS DID NOT DRAFT JARED MITCHELL WITH A FIRST ROUND PICK, MARTY!!!  GET IT????
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:33 pm

MGJOHNSON wrote:From Rotoworld.com:

Just like Michael Taylor had SOX written all over him!!!
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:38 pm

MGJOHNSON wrote:Maybe the Sox will get lucky with someone claiming him in the Rule 5 draft next month.  Mitchell is another guy who has "Cubs" written all over him.

First of all, not sure why the Sox would be "lucky" to lose Mitchell in the Rule 5.  He has huge strikeout problems which depress his Bat Avg to Dunn-like levels. For that reason, he may not get picked up in Rule 5 since clubs have to put him on their 25 man if they took him. OTOH, if the Sox  can keep him as "organizational depth", he has some value.  He's a good defensive CFer, has a decent BB rate, some speed, and some power.  He could be a 4th OFer at some point.  

Second, not sure what being a "perfect fit for the Cubs" is supposed to mean. If the implication is that the Cubs blindly pick up stiffs, I disagree. While it's taken Epstein and Hoyer a while to recover from the train wreck they inherited, they've done some very good things. The trade for Mike Rizzo is proving out brilliantly, they've stockpiled some good middle inflelders, and they have the best hitting 3b prospect in baseball, Kris Bryant.  They also have two strong OF prospects (Soler and Schwarber). If they get pitching, which is the big lack, they will be an excellent team from 2016 - on. Not a franchise to be taken lightly, IMO.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:49 pm

Hawk Harrelson wrote:Last I checked the Cubs and Sox had the same number of wins last season.  If some Sox Fan feels better about wasting time on the Sox by ripping the Cubs, that's great.  Have at it.

This Mitchell was one of many wated first round draft picks by the hapless White Sox and numb nuts WIN NOW Kenny Williams.

The Sox suck.

KENNY DOES NOT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT REBUILDING!!!!

LMFAO!!!!  The guy that burned the house down to its foundation and has the Sox living in a tent DOES NOT LIKE THE WORD REBUILDING.

Let's point fingers at the Cubs while we waste time with the HORSESHIT White Sox.  Makes a lot of sense.  You would think a sociologist or psychologist would look into this pure Chicago phenomenon.  Write a paper....Title it "Who's Shit Smells Worse????   The lifetime of Chicago Baseball Fans."

THE CUBS DID NOT DRAFT JARED MITCHELL WITH A FIRST ROUND PICK, MARTY!!!  GET IT????

I know the Cubs didn't draft Jared Mitchell, but it would have been great if they did.  Maybe if Mitchell was off the draft board, the Sox might have stumbled on to someone decent.  Anyway, I hope some team grabs him in the Rule 5 draft. And if that team happens to be the Cubs, well that would be great too.

BTW, Bobby, I don't hate the Cubs because the Sox suck.  I've hated the Cubs since I was a kid when the Sox didn't suck while the Cubs did.  So, you can go use your psychological expertise on someone else. Smile

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:53 pm

rmapasad wrote:
    MGJOHNSON wrote:Maybe the Sox will get lucky with someone claiming him in the Rule 5 draft next month.  Mitchell is another guy who has "Cubs" written all over him.

First of all, not sure why the Sox would be "lucky" to lose Mitchell in the Rule 5. 

Fine, Roger.  Maybe the Dodgers will pick up Jared Mitchell in the Rule 5 draft.  That would please me almost as much as the Cubs getting him. Smile
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:23 pm

NEAT!!!!!!!!!

Too bad the dumb fuck that drafted him did not get the Dodgers GM job so he could claim him!!!

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:55 pm

What was Mitchell's position in football?

Maybe he should try out for the Bears

He ain't no baseball player. But what is really sad, do the Sox have any OF's better than him in the org? MLB level as well
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:02 pm

All of the Sox OFs are better at bat than this clown Mitchell.  Mitchell makes Viciedo look like Hank Aaron at bat.
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:22 pm

I'd have to check to be sure but I think Mitchell struck out as much if not more than Michael Jordan.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:35 pm

jaywit wrote:I'd have to check to be sure but I think Mitchell struck out as much if not more than Michael Jordan.

I'm trying to figure out how Mitchell even matters enough to warrant his own thread in our message board.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:45 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:
    jaywit wrote:I'd have to check to be sure but I think Mitchell struck out as much if not more than Michael Jordan.

I'm trying to figure out how Mitchell even matters enough to warrant his own thread in our message board.

I think he ate at Shooters once.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:45 pm

alohafri wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:

Sorry, I meant to say I think he ate at Shooters once.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:46 pm

alohafri wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:

What I really meant to say was "Hey, Schmuck From St. Chuck, I think he ate at Shooters once.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:49 pm

alohafri wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:

What I really meant to say was "Hey, Schmuck From St. Chuck, I think he ate at Shooters once.

Dammit! I actually meant "Hey, Schmuck from St. Chuck, " I think he ate at Shooters once and had Malort while talking about the Chicago National League Ballclub with those bastards in the GOP and listening to Cream."
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:50 pm

alohafri wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:

Dammit! I actually meant "Hey, Schmuck from St. Chuck, " I think he ate at Shooters once and had Malort while talking about the Chicago National League Ballclub with those bastards in the GOP and listening to Cream."

No, that wasn't it either! I really meant...a fuck it. I can't figure it out either.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:51 pm

I like the moniker "Schumck from St. Chuck" that I might have to patent it.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:53 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:I like the moniker "Schumck from St. Chuck" that I might have to patent it.

Then you can charge Kark for it's use.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:55 pm

alohafri wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:I like the moniker "Schumck from St. Chuck" that I might have to patent it.

I'd have to find new ways to enflame his temper in order to drive my royalties higher.

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:53 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:

Seriously Rob?

What hasn't warranted a thread on this board?!?!?!?

BTW, Rosebowl competely misread my question. While technically, I'm sure most OF in the Sox org are better than Mitchell, it really ain't by much. Do the Sox have 1 OF that has had one whole good year in MLB?

With the exception of Eaton and Garcia, is there any other OF that isn't considered a stiff? And these 2 are still not safely out of the stiff pool yet. Plenty of time in 15 for these 2 to disapoint

PS, can we call you SFSC for short?

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:48 am

I believe you mean trademark

And your welcome

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:53 am

Soxillinirob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

I'd have to find new ways to enflame his temper in order to drive my royalties higher.

Not a day goes by where I don't have to resist the urge to create the Ed Anger Jr profile.

Hey, maybe you should open Schmuck from St Chuck BBQ. Consdering how you make people pig biting mad...
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:05 am

Father of Stan wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

Not a day goes by where I don't have to resist the urge to create the Ed Anger Jr profile.

Hey, maybe you should open Schmuck from St Chuck BBQ.  Consdering how you make people pig biting mad...

Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:50 am