Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

The Missing Link

alohafri
    Pope Malort I

The Missing Link

Post by alohafri on Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:43 pm

Why are there rumors that the Sox are interested in Adam LaRoche? Is that what is needed? Another slow first baseman-type clogging up the basepaths? Isn't that what Adam Dunn was?

Re: The Missing Link

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:08 pm

alohafri wrote:Why are there rumors that the Sox are interested in Adam LaRoche? Is that what is needed? Another slow first baseman-type clogging up the basepaths? Isn't that what Adam Dunn was?

MAYBE HE CAN HEADBUTT THE OPPOSITION WITH THAT NOT THINGEE GLUED TO HIS FOREHEAD

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:10 pm

alohafri wrote:Why are there rumors that the Sox are interested in Adam LaRoche? Is that what is needed? Another slow first baseman-type clogging up the basepaths? Isn't that what Adam Dunn was?

Because when you're a team trying to rebuild, you try to fill in the spots that you need the most, and first base seems to be .....oh, wait...never mind Embarassed

winstonage
    Andy the Clown

Post by winstonage on Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:57 am

Chi-kid wrote:

Because when you're a team trying to rebuild, you try to fill in the spots that you need the most, and first base seems to be .....oh, wait...never mind Embarassed

Left handed power bat for DH. Decent defense at first, allows Abreau to DH some. Not the worst idea on a 2 year deal. If the other DH option is Viciedo, I am all for it.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:16 am

winstonage wrote:
    Chi-kid wrote:

Left handed power bat for DH. Decent defense at first, allows Abreau to DH some. Not the worst idea on a 2 year deal. If the other DH option is Viciedo, I am all for it.

If you can somehow trade Viciedo, I'd be okay with it.

winstonage
    Andy the Clown

Post by winstonage on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:32 am

alohafri wrote:
    winstonage wrote:
    Chi-kid wrote:

You don't have to trade Viciedo, just dump him and save the 5 mil he is going to get in arbitration.

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:32 am

On a team that needs bullpen help, more starting pitching, a 2bman, 3bman, catchers and an outfielder, picking up a DH/1b, so the All-Star one you have can take a break now and then, seems like a move you make when all the above are fixed. Or, a move to make just to make a move. Plus he's going on 35 and his main asset is power numbers and we all know from Roger what happens to power hitters in their 30s .
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:36 am

winstonage wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    winstonage wrote:
    Chi-kid wrote:

You don't have to trade Viciedo, just dump him and save the 5 mil he is going to get in arbitration.

cheers
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:16 am

alohafri wrote:

cheers

$5 million!  Holy shit.  I don't mind a guy like him being around.  He serves a purpose, but there's really no part of the game where he's a "good player."  He's a bad hitter.  A bad fielder.  Bad eye.  Low OBP.  Has a little power, I guess.  Gotta wonder if he is a non-tender risk.

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:49 pm

Viciedo will compete with Beckham as the prize of the non tender list

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:52 am