Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Alexei

Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Alexei

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:51 pm

Yankees, Dodgers and Mets interested!!

John, you said you would quit the season tickets if the Sox traded Beckham and Ramirez!!!

You would be free of all of this bullshit!!

Go once in awhile.

No 5 hour round trip commutes for foolishness!!!
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Alexei

Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:04 pm

I'm not totally against it, but do the Sox have anything resembling an adequate replacement at SS?  If you're going to give up the most important infield position in a trade, you sure as hell better feel like what you're getting in return is a huge step in the right direction.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:48 pm

Personally I'd hate to see him go. He's NOT the problem. An EVERYDAY player who's solid at his position, loves the game, has a decent bat, and seems good in the clubhouse is pretty fucking hard to replace.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:52 pm

Cream1953 wrote:Personally I'd hate to see him go. He's NOT the problem. An EVERYDAY player who's solid at his position, loves the game, has a decent bat, and seems good in the clubhouse is pretty fucking hard to replace.

My thoughts exactly.  To what ends would we be trading him?

winstonage
    Andy the Clown

Post by winstonage on Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:24 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:
    Cream1953 wrote:Personally I'd hate to see him go. He's NOT the problem. An EVERYDAY player who's solid at his position, loves the game, has a decent bat, and seems good in the clubhouse is pretty fucking hard to replace.

I think if they could get a couple of real good cost controlled players, I would do it. If not, keep him for the next 2 years as a bridge to Anderson. I don't think they are shopping him, but apparently Hahn is getting calls. I think'16 is the year that they can contend, so add to the core if they can. Let Sanchez play short until Anderson arrives, at least he can play defense.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:40 pm

winstonage wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:

I think if they could get a couple of real good cost controlled players, I would do it. If not, keep him for the next 2 years as a bridge to Anderson. I don't think they are shopping him, but apparently Hahn is getting calls. I think'16 is the year that they can contend, so add to the core if they can. Let Sanchez play short until Anderson arrives, at least he can play defense.

I agree that we won't contend until 2016. If he's getting calls now, maybe we can make a better deal than we could in a July trade. Does anyone know how long he is locked in for?

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:25 pm

alohafri wrote:
    winstonage wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:

I agree that we won't contend until 2016. If he's getting calls now, maybe we can make a better deal than we could in a July trade. Does anyone know how long he is locked in for?

2 years at $10 million per year, if the Sox exercise their option for 2016 at the end of next season.

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:37 am

Soxillinirob wrote:

The advantage of trading Ramirez is saving $10mil and possibly getting a good prospect or two

The disadvantage is that it reduces their chances in 2015

I guess the theory is that we suck with you, so lets suck without you, save the cash and hopefully have a prospect that turns out just as good a year or two from now.

Granted writing off 2015 b4 pitch one kinda blows.  But really, how much gas is left in Ramirez tank?  Suppodedly he was born 9-22-1981.  

Remember the old adage, better traded a year to early than a year to late.

That said, I say the Sox keep him because they have the potential to surprise everybody in 2015
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:43 am

WIN NOW-RELOAD-NO EXCUSES!!!

Shooters is gone!!  Reinsdorf finally has to do something to cheer up the Fanboys!!!
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:45 am

Tank Viciedo wrote:WIN NOW-RELOAD-NO EXCUSES!!!

Shooters is gone!!  Reinsdorf finally has to do something to cheer up the Fanboys!!!

I'm surprised you aren't up in arms about the potential of trading your fellow Cuban, Tank.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:40 am

As long as I GET PAID, THAT is what matters!!

Fuck my batting average!!

Fuck Winning.... let Fanboys whop dine at Shooters worry about THAT!!

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:37 pm

I agree that we won't contend until 2016.

Trade Alexei - and this from the only board member willing to defend him unendlessly when you guys were calling him lazy and stupid and a hacker - he is, the best SS the Sox have had since Aparicio - but you trade him for decent/good prospects .
    Unless Hahn is allowed to go crazy over the next 2 winters, I can't see how they contend in 2016, so why keep an aging SS?. They have 2 starting pitchers and NO bullpen. They have holes at 2b, sorta at 3b, LF and Garcia in right is still an unknown. And lets not even mention catching. Not all of this is hangin out in the Sox minor league system, so Hahn has to buy, not only in bulk, but in quality, and at a discount price. Can that happen? I suppose. Will it? Not sure anything in the past would lead me to think it will....oh wait, I remember when Veeck first purchased the team and he and Hemond set up a table in the lobby of the hotel where the winter conference was being held and essentially changed the team around by trading for a bunch of players ...so I guess anything is possible
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:22 pm

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:

The advantage of trading Ramirez is saving $10mil and possibly getting a good prospect or two

I guess the theory is that we suck with you, so lets suck without you, save the cash and hopefully have a prospect that turns out just as good a year or two from now.

Granted writing off 2015 b4 pitch one kinda blows.  But really, how much gas is left in Ramirez tank?  Suppodedly he was born 9-22-1981.  

Remember the old adage, better traded a year to early than a year to late.

Agreed.  Cream's description of Alexei could be applied verbatim to Konerko after 2012.  In retrospectroview, who wouldn't trade Konerko for a decent prospect following 2012?
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:02 pm

jaywit wrote:
    Granted writing off 2015 b4 pitch one kinda blows.  But really, how much gas is left in Ramirez tank?  Suppodedly he was born 9-22-1981.  Remember the old adage, better traded a year to early than a year to late.

Agreed.  Cream's description of Alexei could be applied verbatim to Konerko after 2012.  In retrospectroview, who wouldn't trade Konerko for a decent prospect following 2012?

Only a numbskull GM like the recently fired Ned Colletti would have traded a good prospect for Konerko after 2012.   Sure Paulie had a nice 2012 season, but he was turning 37, at a defensively unimportant position, and was owed $13 million the next year.   He might have commanded a C+ type prospect but most clubs would have thought taking on his salary at his age was favor enough to the White Sox.  Not much more pot-sweetening needed.
    Alexei, however, will be 33, is a good defender at an important spot where there's a scarcity of talent, and is owed $ 10 mil.. Sure, if the Sox can buy into 2015 as a rebuilding year then it's possible to get a B/B+ prospect, that might be a deal worth making.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:17 pm

Cream's description of Alexei could be applied verbatim to Konerko after 2012. 

*************************************************************************************

You always have to bring me into the conversation don't you? It's making me a little uncomfortable. What's next? Flowers on my desk? I'm seriously considering a protective order.
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:26 pm

winstonage wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:

OR----------- sign Gordon Beckham to a 1 yr deal to play his "natural position" ....... Very Happy

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:05 pm

winstonage wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:

It would take a couple top notch prospects.  Maybe the Dodgers might be willing to part with OF Joc Pederson and SS/3B Cory Seager.

winstonage
    Andy the Clown

Post by winstonage on Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:56 pm

MGJOHNSON wrote:
    winstonage wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:

It would take a couple top notch prospects.  Maybe the Dodgers might be willing to part with OF Joc Pederson and SS/3B Cory Seager.

Those 2 get Tulowitzki not Alexi.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:23 pm

winstonage wrote:
    MGJOHNSON wrote:
    winstonage wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:

Those 2 get Tulowitzki not Alexi.

Ah, I just wanted to see Roger's reaction.
    "We" could throw in Jordan Danks. Laughing
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:26 am

MGJOHNSON wrote:
    winstonage wrote:
    Soxillinirob wrote:

They are the two plums I dealt for in my rotisserie league.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:51 pm

MGJOHNSON wrote:
    Ah, I just wanted to see Roger's reaction.
    "We" could throw in Jordan Danks. Laughing

With Ned Colletti as Dodger GM, giving away a good prospect for a "proven vet" was a real possibility.  With Andrew Friedman as Pres and Farhan Zaidi as GM, not a chance.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:46 am

Today from Rotoworld.com:

"USA Today's Bob Nightengale reports that the Dodgers are "aggressively pursuing" a trade for Alexei Ramirez. The Dodgers are expected to let Hanley Ramirez walk as a free agent, creating a hole at shortstop. Instead of handing the job over to Erisbel Arruebarrena, it appears they're targeting Ramirez, who is owed $10 million with a $10 million club option for 2016. The White Sox shortstop batted .273/.305/.408 with 15 homers, 74 RBI and 21 steals this past season."

Pederson PLUS Seager should get 'er done... Smile

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:56 am

Given Stanton's humongous contract, $10 million/year for 2 years for an All-Star shortstop sounds damn cheap.  Any team wanting to get Alexei Ramirez should have to pay thru the nose.  Call it inflation!
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:04 am

I love it.  Soon we will see Spring Training holdouts again!!

Some guy in year 3 of a 6 year contract will see what guys were getting in November and hold out for a new deal.

The spirit of Richie Allen will live on!!

ROTFLMFAO!!!!

What a great industry if you are an above average player!!  Even better for STIFFS like Beckham.  The cash just flows!!!

Thank God for devoted fans like Howie checking the stores to se if they are selling White Sox merch!!!
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:05 am

To think what an idiot I was in senior year of high school in 1972 to be concerned with the baseball strike early that delayed the season.

Live and learn.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:03 am