Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

dumbshit Nationals

Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

dumbshit Nationals

Post by Cream1953 on Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:34 pm

So as they play the 17th inning ya think the dumbfuck Nationals kinda wish they would have stayed with a brilliant Jordan Zimmerman who had one out to get to end the game? Zimmerman. heaven forbid, walked a guy in the 9th with bases empty and two out with a 1-0 lead. He hadn't lost a thing and, if anything, was criminally squeezed by the ump on the at bat which lead to the walk. Three pitches he threw could have just as easily been called strikes. But noooooooo. It was time to push the panic button and start playing LaRussa ball by playing those sacred percentages. Bring in a reliever who promptly coughs up a run and, as I type this, they're going into the 18th. I hope they fucking lose.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: dumbshit Nationals

Post by MGJOHNSON on Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:43 pm

Cream1953 wrote:So as they play the 17th inning ya think the dumbfuck Nationals kinda wish they would have stayed with a brilliant Jordan Zimmerman who had one out to get to end the game? Zimmerman. heaven forbid, walked a guy in the 9th with bases empty and two out with a 1-0 lead. He hadn't lost a thing and, if anything, was criminally squeezed by the ump on the at bat which lead to the walk. Three pitches he threw could have just as easily been called strikes. But noooooooo. It was time to push the panic button and start playing LaRussa ball by playing those sacred percentages. Bring in a reliever who promptly coughs up a run and, as I type this, they're going into the 18th. I hope they fucking lose.  

Well, Belt just belted one, so the Nats might lose.

And it sure was stupid taking Jordan Zimmermann out with a shutout going with 2 outs in the 9th. To me, Zimmermann is one of the most under-rated pitchers in baseball.
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:09 pm

Cream1953 wrote:So as they play the 17th inning ya think the dumbfuck Nationals kinda wish they would have stayed with a brilliant Jordan Zimmerman who had one out to get to end the game? Zimmerman. heaven forbid, walked a guy in the 9th with bases empty and two out with a 1-0 lead. He hadn't lost a thing and, if anything, was criminally squeezed by the ump on the at bat which lead to the walk. Three pitches he threw could have just as easily been called strikes. But noooooooo. It was time to push the panic button and start playing LaRussa ball by playing those sacred percentages. Bring in a reliever who promptly coughs up a run and, as I type this, they're going into the 18th. I hope they fucking lose.  
    GOOD....FUCK them and LaRussa too!
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:09 pm

He was cruising Mart....absolutely cruising. Up to the "walk", for which he got fucked on, he had retired 20 straight hitters. No reason whatsoever to pull him...you go with what got you there and he earned the right. I can't STAND over fucking managing! Glad they lost!

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:17 pm

Well, you have to remember that when Jason werth was asked about Matt Williams as a manager he said something to the effect that Williams had inherited a good team and that he had essentially just stayed out of the way. Which to me translates as he's a dumb fuck that we tend to ignore.  Guess he didn't "stay out of the way" in the 9th. 

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:29 pm

Cream1953 wrote:He was cruising Mart....absolutely cruising. Up to the "walk", for which he got fucked on, he had retired 20 straight hitters. No reason whatsoever to pull him...you go with what got you there and he earned the right. I can't STAND over fucking managing! Glad they lost!

Yeah, I was watching the game too, Cream.  Zimmermann was only at 100 pitches.  He should have been allowed to finish, which he probably would have with the next batter.

The home plate umpire was terrible for both teams.  The strike zone kept moving around, and it looked to me like he blew the call at home plate in the ninth calling Posey out.  On the replay he looked safe, but it was close.  The guys in New York reviewing the play weren't about to reverse the call.  It's easier to call it "inconclusive" and let the original call stand -- absolutely no gonads.

Anyway, the Nats are probably going to leave their hearts in San Francisco as the Giants finish them off.  Good!
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:31 am

When the Nats pulled Zimmerman in the 9th and the next guy got a hit, Peg asked me "When did Robin start managing the Nationals?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:44 pm