Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

The Hound of the Basketcases

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

The Hound of the Basketcases

Post by MGJOHNSON on Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:09 pm

Very nice pitching by Chris Bassitt tonight.  I hope that they give him another 2-3 starts before the end of the season.

The bullpen actually came thru with 3 scoreless innings.  And a big 2-out bases loaded hit by Avaisail Garcia in the 8th won it.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: The Hound of the Basketcases

Post by Cream1953 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:24 am

I see where this guy named Adam Dunn drove in another run for the A's. He's been doing a lot of clutch hitting for them lately. I also hear that he's a free agent at the end of the season. Maybe someone the White Sox might want to take a serious look at and make an offer? Hey...I'm all for it! bounce
    Jack Brickhouse
    Andy the Clown

Post by Jack Brickhouse on Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:58 am

A.J. Pierzynski also available!!

WIN NOW-RELOAD!!!
    Jack Brickhouse
    Andy the Clown

Post by Jack Brickhouse on Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:50 am

Beckham could easily be non tendered!!

Gordon to LF!!

Danks to Bullpen!!!

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:21 am

Jack Brickhouse wrote:Beckham could easily be non tendered!!

Gordon to LF!!

Danks to Bullpen!!!

Naw, switch the Danks. clown   John Danks has 1 hit in 3 at-bats this season, which makes him a lot more of an asset at the plate than on the mound. Let's forget the fact that he is only 2 for 28 lifetime.  Hey, I'm playing the stathead here and am only going to use those stats that support my case.  As for Jordan Danks, he hits like a pitcher, and he probably has a better fastball than his brother.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:33 am

Cream1953 wrote:I see where this guy named Adam Dunn drove in another run for the A's. He's been doing a lot of clutch hitting for them lately. I also hear that he's a free agent at the end of the season. Maybe someone the White Sox might want to take a serious look at and make an offer? Hey...I'm all for it! bounce

The fucker drove in the run by placing a single thru the left side of the infield against the shift, something that he seemed adverse to doing for 4 years with the Sox.  Anyway, it was nice to see Petricka strike him out leading off the ninth as Dunn swung at what would have been ball four. Very Happy
    Jack Brickhouse
    Andy the Clown

Post by Jack Brickhouse on Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:54 pm

We need HARVEY on this board!!!  Obviously people who watch terrible baseball at least 40 times a season live at THE CELL have valuable baseball insight!!!

WIN TEAM WIN!!!

BEAT THE TWINS FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!

ROTFLMFAO!!!!
    Jack Brickhouse
    Andy the Clown

Post by Jack Brickhouse on Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:49 am

I WAS THERE WHEN MICHAEL TAYLOR PLAYED FOR THE SOX YESTERDAY!!!!

winstonage
    Andy the Clown

Post by winstonage on Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:47 am

Jack Brickhouse wrote:I WAS THERE WHEN MICHAEL TAYLOR PLAYED FOR THE SOX YESTERDAY!!!!

Taylor has so far proven that he is a AAAA bum, but I think he should play every day to see if he can be a better 4th outfield option than Sierra. Why Jordan Danks is getting starts is baffling.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:21 am

winstonage wrote:
    Jack Brickhouse wrote:I WAS THERE WHEN MICHAEL TAYLOR PLAYED FOR THE SOX YESTERDAY!!!!

Taylor has so far proven that he is a AAAA bum, but I think he should play every day to see if he can be a better 4th outfield option than Sierra. Why Jordan Danks is getting starts is baffling.

Because all three are better options than fucking DeAza or Viciedo. Hell, Nomads is a better option than DeAza or Viciedo.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:44 am

Why Jordan Danks is getting starts is baffling.

Because Kevin thinks they haven't seen enough of this useless fuck yet! tongue
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:47 am

Cream1953 wrote:Why Jordan Danks is getting starts is baffling.

I was only saying that when the much more useless fuck Alejandro DeAza was attempting to patrol the outfield. I'd still rather see Danks than Viciedo. At least Danks can catch the ball. (not that either of them is who I want out there in 2015)

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:38 pm

alohafri wrote:

I was only saying that when the much more useless fuck Alejandro DeAza was attempting to patrol the outfield. I'd still rather see Danks than Viciedo. At least Danks can catch the ball. (not that either of them is who I want out there in 2015)

I'd much rather see Viciedo at the plate than Danks.  Dayan Viciedo can DH next year and back up Abreu at 1B.  Jordan Danks can flip hamburgers.

Viciedo is only 25 years old.  Just because he didn't become an instant superstar like some thought he would when he was 21 doesn't mean that he's useless.
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:42 pm

MGJOHNSON wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

I'd much rather see Viciedo at the plate than Danks.  Dayan Viciedo can DH next year and back up Abreu at 1B.  Jordan Danks can flip hamburgers.

Viciedo is only 25 years old.  Just because he didn't become an instant superstar like some thought he would when he was 21 doesn't mean that he's useless.

I agree Mart.  I think we'll see Viciedo as next year's DH.  I just hope someone hides his glove from him.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:11 pm

I think we'll see Viciedo as next year's DH.

Oh goody. Fucking free swinging STIFF who's allergic to drawing walks. How nice. Mad
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:41 pm

jaywit wrote:

I agree Mart.  I think we'll see Viciedo as next year's DH.  I just hope someone hides his glove from him.

He should not be a major league regular in any role.  Obviously he's terrible defensively and a real liability in the OF .  But his pathetic 695 OPS also makes him a lousy choice for DH.  He's a dumb ass that hasn't learned anything in three years in the bigs. That the Sox don't have anyone better than Viciedo to plug into the lineup for next year is a shame.  That they will have to pay him
    $ 4 million or so for really bad baseball makes it an even bigger shame.
    Jack Brickhouse
    Andy the Clown

Post by Jack Brickhouse on Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:24 pm

Cream's buddy Howard thrilled with Tank on FB Board!!!

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:10 pm

Cream's buddy Howard thrilled with Tank on FB Board!!!

What the hell are you talking about? I don't know a "Howard" and I don't do fucking facebook.
    Jack Brickhouse
    Andy the Clown

Post by Jack Brickhouse on Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:26 pm

You wished good old Howard a Happy Birthday RIGHT HERE ON THIS BOARD!!!

He's YOUR GUY!!!
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:23 pm

Oh yeah him....I guess.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:54 am

rmapasad wrote:
    jaywit wrote:

He should not be a major league regular in any role.  Obviously he's terrible defensively and a real liability in the OF .  But his pathetic 695 OPS also makes him a lousy choice for DH.  He's a dumb ass that hasn't learned anything in three years in the bigs. That the Sox don't have anyone better than Viciedo to plug into the lineup for next year is a shame.  That they will have to pay him

I'm not adverse to trading Viciedo, but he's worth more than any of the 3 stiffs that the Sox have peddled recently.  He's still young at 25; and at a young age, he has shown good power.  The potential for 35-40 homers/season as he approaches his prime years is certainly there.  The Sox should get value for value.  If it comes down to getting another run-of-the-mill A-ball pitcher for him, the Sox should then keep him.

Of course, Roger, you'll likely to say that he has no value.  In fact, you have already said that by saying that he's not worth his salary.  I've come to realize that you take a similar approach to just about any Sox player not named Sale or Abreu.  Oh, there may be a few others like Quintana and Eaton that you might have some hope for; but by and large, you're M.O. is to trash the team.

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:12 am

Oh, there may be a few others like Quintana and Eaton that you might have some hope for; but by and large, you're M.O. is to trash the team.

Well in his defense Mart, thats not hard to do. I think his point was that after 3+ years in the big leagues you would have hoped the Pimp would have learned the strike zone a little better than he has and maybe stopped swinging at the same low outside breaking ball he has swung at since day one. In reality, the guy hasn't improved over the past 3 yrs. Is there really a lot of hope he'll improve over the next 3?  It would be nice if he did, and I do agree with you that if all they will get is some "power arm", keep him and get out of him what you can, which so far has been 20 homers and some RBIs...and a few laughs on defense. Laughing
    TeleFrank
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by TeleFrank on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:31 am

MGJOHNSON wrote:Of course, Roger, you'll likely to say that he has no value. 

May I point out that Adam Dunn was traded. If that doesn't tell you pretty much any player can be traded nothing will.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:52 am

TeleFrank wrote:
    MGJOHNSON wrote:Of course, Roger, you'll likely to say that he has no value. 

May I point out that Adam Dunn was traded. If that doesn't tell you pretty much any player can be traded nothing will.

If you light the correct number of candles.
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:18 am

MGJOHNSONI agree Mart.  I think we'll see Viciedo as next year's DH.  I just hope someone hides his glove from him. wrote:

I'm not adverse to trading Viciedo, but he's worth more than any of the 3 stiffs that the Sox have peddled recently.  He's still young at 25; and at a young age, he has shown good power.  The potential for 35-40 homers/season as he approaches his prime years is certainly there.  The Sox should get value for value.  If it comes down to getting another run-of-the-mill A-ball pitcher for him, the Sox should then keep him.
    Of course, Roger, you'll likely to say that he has no value.  In fact, you have already said that by saying that he's not worth his salary.  I've come to realize that you take a similar approach to just about any Sox player not named Sale or Abreu.  Oh, there may be a few others like Quintana and Eaton that you might have some hope for; but by and large, you're M.O. is to trash the team.

My M.O. isn't to trash the team as a whole - just the guys that aren't cutting it.  Aside from Sale and Abreu, Eaton and Quintana are very solid young players.  Ramirez is an above average defender. Unfortunately, the rest of the team is loaded with below average guys or younger players with real limitations which is why they lost 99 games last year and are on pace to lose 88-90 this year.  
    Pitchers know Tank has no discipline and he's been putty in their hands, but yeah, he does have the power to hit the occasional mistakes a long way.  The power will keep him around for a while longer and optimists will keep hoping for his "breakout" when the reality is that he's become more vulnerable than ever to the slider and actually is regressing in his "ability" to make contact with pitches.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:36 pm