Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

The next 2 days...

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

The next 2 days...

Post by MGJOHNSON on Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:35 am

These next two days before the trade deadline will show me if the Sox are serious about rebuilding or just tweek along with most of the same old stiffs into next season.  If nothing is done, then Hahn or whoever else is running this shit show figures it's "good enough" to keeping fooling the fanboys for another year.
    Hawk Harrelson
    Andy the Clown

Re: The next 2 days...

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:47 am

Marty, the Fanboys are going nowhere.
    Maybe they are scouring the net or the local papers looking for clues or pretending this is some great mystery.
    Ventura is in the Tribune today saying any trade benefits the FUTURE.

When you think of it, this Kenny mess that was not only accepted but promoted by one or two Fanboys as some sort of sound strategy to get to the post season often.

Now, the Sox beat Detroit last night, so I am quite sure somebody has visions of the Sox being a BUYER and going for it no matter how shit they have been for years.

This team has been so awful and boring for years that 2008 may as well be 1928.
    Hawk Harrelson
    Andy the Clown

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:13 am

Exactly what are you going to get for some of this crap?

Gordon the DEFENDER???

Tank the Monster???

Adam the Oaf???

Teams understand that Tank and Gordo can be non tendered.  A quick fix.  Don't expect much.

Try and dump the salary of Danks.

Don't expect much in return.

The White Sox suck because the players fans want gone SUCK.
    Teams actually PAY scouts to figure out the White Sox players suck.
    TeleFrank
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by TeleFrank on Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:32 am

I'm thinking the Sox do nothing. That being written if they can find a way to get rid of Oaf early, that would be good. Hahn should be looking for some bullpen help in the off season. The bullpen loses have to be in double figures this year. 

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:04 am

Hawk Harrelson wrote:Exactly what are you going to get for some of this crap?

Gordon the DEFENDER???

Tank the Monster???

Adam the Oaf???

Teams understand that Tank and Gordo can be non tendered.  A quick fix.  Don't expect much.

Try and dump the salary of Danks.

Don't expect much in return.

The White Sox suck because the players fans want gone SUCK.
    Teams actually PAY scouts to figure out the White Sox players suck.

People on this board told me back in March that the Sox should hold on to Dunn and De Aza until the trade deadline.  The trade deadline in here.  It's time to move these stiffs for whatever they can get.

Same with Beckham.  Move him out - NOW!  Jay made a good point yesterday in that you don't want the past to take opportunity away from what may be the future.  Bring up guys like Micah Johnson or Carlos Sanchez for the next 2 months and give them enough MLB at-bats and playing time so the Sox can see what they have going into next season.
    Hawk Harrelson
    Andy the Clown

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:13 am

You sure you have the right board?  People here wanted Dunn and DeAza EXECUTED by the All Star Break.

Nobody in March expected DeAza to START at all.

Garcia was supposed to start.

If there was not all this money that is flay out destroyed the game, Dunn would have been released years ago and DeAza would have been gone last Winter.  These dumb asses chose to PAY DeAza last Winter when he could have been non tendered.  Same with Gordon.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:14 am

TeleFrank wrote:I'm thinking the Sox do nothing. That being written if they can find a way to get rid of Oaf early, that would be good. Hahn should be looking for some bullpen help in the off season. The bullpen loses have to be in double figures this year. 

It's time to move out the bullpen stiffs like Bellisario and Lindstrom.  After watching Joakim Soria implode last night, the Tigers might be willing to give an A-ball pitcher for one of these bums.  Maybe give them a buy-one-get-one-free deal.  Lindstrom will be back on the mound shortly (a depressing thought), so maybe he could be wearing a different uni (a not-so-depressing thought).

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:23 am

Go back and check last March, Bobby.  Kark was puffing up De Aza, and Roger was saying that the best time to move Dunn was at the trade deadline as long as Dunn didn't have an absolutely terrible season.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:43 am

I'm with Frank on this one. I don't look for them to do a fucking thing either way. They don't dump anyone and they don't aquire anyone. I see them playing the season out and making whatever changes they are going to make in the off season. Makes some sense. With Oaf, for example, you don't have to pray anybody's dumb enough to take him. He's done at the end of the year anyway. You can tell him thanks for nothing and to go fuck himself as he enjoys all the money he ripped off from the team. But at least you'll never have to see his fat ass in the batter's box anymore as a member of the White Sox. I also agree with Bobby. Before you can swing any deals you actually have to have another team that wants the pieces of garbage the White Sox have to offer. I'm not so sure anybody out there is that stupid or desperate.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:51 am

If no one wants Dunn, the Sox should release him and bring up 1B/DH Andy Wilkins to see what he can do as the DH.  The 25-year-old left-handed-hitting Wilkins has 26 home runs and 70 RBI's in 385 at-bats at AAA Charlotte this season to go with a .288 batting average.  The Sox drafted Wilkins in the 5th round of the 2010 draft.  It's time to see what he can do in the big leagues.  Spring training videos:

http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=519421#gameType='S'&sectionType=career&statType=1&season=2014&level='MLB'
    Hawk Harrelson
    Andy the Clown

Oaf Fest!!

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:23 pm

If this Oaf sticks around to the bitter end, we have to figure out when Oaf's last game will be.
    Royals are here for the season ending series.
    I am thinking the play Konerko Saturday and Sunday.
    The Farewell games....does not matter who is pitching.
    Hell, Konerko probably starts the entire 4 game set.
    It will make it tricky to get there to boo the Hell out of The Oaf at his last at bat!!

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:31 pm

Hawk Harrelson wrote:If this Oaf sticks around to the bitter end, we have to figure out when Oaf's last game will be.
    Royals are here for the season ending series.
    I am thinking the play Konerko Saturday and Sunday.
    The Farewell games....does not matter who is pitching.
    Hell, Konerko probably starts the entire 4 game set.
    It will make it tricky to get there to boo the Hell out of The Oaf at his last at bat!!

Best case scenario is that the Sox send Dunn to KC for whatever in next 34 hours, and then you can see both Dunn and Konerko in the same game - not exactly "The Clash of the Titans"... Laughing
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:39 pm

On August 1, the Sox will be baseball's equivalent to the poor sucker who, at the end of the day of a yard-sale, has his front yard loaded with his own shit that no one wanted to touch.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:46 pm

jaywit wrote:On August 1, the Sox will be baseball's equivalent to the poor sucker who, at the end of the day of a yard-sale, has his front yard loaded with his own shit that no one wanted to touch.

Then it's time to get a dumpster...
    Hawk Harrelson
    Andy the Clown

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:01 pm

jaywit wrote:On August 1, the Sox will be baseball's equivalent to the poor sucker who, at the end of the day of a yard-sale, has his front yard loaded with his own shit that no one wanted to touch.
    Sad, but true!!
    Hawk Harrelson
    Andy the Clown

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:11 pm

MGJOHNSON wrote:

They could have brought in the dumpster last Winter and non tendered Beckham and DeAza.  They did not have to go out and bring in dog asses for the Bullpen.
    When they brought back Konerko after a 99 loss season, it told MOST of us that they were NOT contending.  Maybe the dumb ass at the Sun Times should have figured that out.
    My best guess is even our most unhinged Fanboys who create a world of pure fantasy surrounding the Sox would all of the sudden be changing their idiotic 5th grader tune if the Sox had gone the Epstein route 3 years ago and now had 3 of the top 10 prospects in M.L.B.
    Plus more to come.
    Instead, we were TREATED to the WIN NOW collapse of 2012 with a REBUILD ahead.
    WIN NOW with Youkilis, Rios, Oaf, Jakemeister, Paulie.....and we had fools BELIEVING!!!  Cheering on THEIR team!

ROTFLMFAO!!!
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:45 pm

Hawk Harrelson wrote:
    MGJOHNSON wrote:

They could have brought in the dumpster last Winter and non tendered Beckham and DeAza.  They did not have to go out and bring in dog asses for the Bullpen.
    When they brought back Konerko after a 99 loss season, it told MOST of us that they were NOT contending.  Maybe the dumb ass at the Sun Times should have figured that out.
    My best guess is even our most unhinged Fanboys who create a world of pure fantasy surrounding the Sox would all of the sudden be changing their idiotic 5th grader tune if the Sox had gone the Epstein route 3 years ago and now had 3 of the top 10 prospects in M.L.B.
    Plus more to come.
    Instead, we were TREATED to the WIN NOW collapse of 2012 with a REBUILD ahead.
    WIN NOW with Youkilis, Rios, Oaf, Jakemeister, Paulie.....and we had fools BELIEVING!!!  Cheering on THEIR team!

ROTFLMFAO!!!
    I DON'T remember reading where you declared you were not renewing your season ticket package, or am I mistaken?
    Hawk Harrelson
    Andy the Clown

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:38 pm

WHAT THE FUCK DOES IT MATTER TO YOU????

YOU CREATE SOME FUCKING DREAMWORLD CONCERNING MR. REINSDORF'S BUSINESS AT YOUR AGE!!!!

GET DOWN FROM WISCONSIN TO 40 GAMES PER YEAR AND LEAD CHEERS UNTIL YOU ARE IN A NURSING HOME...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN!!!
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:02 pm

Hawk Harrelson wrote:WHAT THE FUCK DOES IT MATTER TO YOU????

YOU CREATE SOME FUCKING DREAMWORLD CONCERNING MR. REINSDORF'S BUSINESS AT YOUR AGE!!!!

GET DOWN FROM WISCONSIN TO 40 GAMES PER YEAR AND LEAD CHEERS UNTIL YOU ARE IN A NURSING HOME...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN!!!
    Can't take "The Heat" eh, Counselor?
    Hawk Harrelson
    Andy the Clown

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:19 pm

What "heat"?

Have you lost your mind over the years?

You live in WISCONSIN and can't get enough bad Sox baseball live?

I am smart enough to know if I get struck by lightning nobody from the White Sox is going to give a damn.

You just obsess with this absolute bullshit 24/7.
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:31 pm

Hawk Harrelson wrote:What "heat"?

Have you lost your mind over the years?

You live in WISCONSIN and can't get enough bad Sox baseball live?

I am smart enough to know if I get struck by lightning nobody from the White Sox is going to give a damn.

You just obsess with this absolute bullshit 24/7.
    LOL!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:42 am