Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Jared Mitchell has dropped out of the top 20

Jared Mitchell has dropped out of the top 20

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:22 pm

Re: Jared Mitchell has dropped out of the top 20

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:11 am

I had a lot of excitement about him being drafted. He looked so good in the College World Series.  Proves how hard the game is to play. 
    Btw. Anybody else see that DP turned by the Fresno minor league team?  Geez. 

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:56 am

Who made up this fuckin' list?  Kenny Williams?  Where oh where is Andy Wilkins?  Hanging out with Carmen Sandiego?  And according to the ETA on each one, all 20 are to arrive in the major leagues within the next 3 or 4 years.  Are the Sox supposed to unload Abreu and Sale to make room for these "Stars"?  Hillarious!
    Jack Brickhouse
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Jack Brickhouse on Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:59 am

MART, PULL UP TRIBUNE SPORTS SECTION TODAY!!

BIG ARTICLE ON WILKINS!!!

ROTFLMFAO!!!

I BETTER GET MY ASS TO GLENSDALE IN MARCH!!!

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:00 am

If the ETA was honest, it would read "NEVER! EVER! NOT IN YOUR WILDEST DREAMS" for the vast majority of these "prospects"...
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:37 am

Jack Brickhouse wrote:MART, PULL UP TRIBUNE SPORTS SECTION TODAY!!

ROTFLMFAO!!!

Someone should point out that this guy should be trade bait, as we are pretty solid at first base for the next few years.
    Jack Brickhouse
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Jack Brickhouse on Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:50 am

He will be used in a WIN NOW trade next July!!!

All is on schedule.

Maybe the Sox will bring A.J. back this Winter???

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:18 am

ROTFLMFAO!!!

It sounds like Wilkins is more interested in going someplace else.  Perhaps he realizes that the White Sox are not a first class operation.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:31 am

alohafri wrote:

ROTFLMFAO!!!

Someone should point out that this guy should be trade bait, as we are pretty solid at first base for the next few years.

Trading Andy Wilkins is a possibility.  On the other hand, the one possible saving grace about having Dunn on the team (if there is any) is that I didn't have to read any shit about the Sox needing a LH power hitter.  When Dunn and De Aza are gone, the Sox lineup may be too heavy in RH batters.  The LH hitting Wilkins as a DH might provide some balance IF he can hit well in the majors.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:37 pm

ROTFLMFAO!!!

If a guy like Wilkins has to be hyped that says something about the Sox farm system.  His numbers this year aren't as good as Phegley's were last year and we saw what happened with Phegley.   Wilkins will definitely get a callup this year, and they might as well DH him and sit Dunn, but that won't cut down on the team strikeouts.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:01 pm

rmapasad wrote:
    ROTFLMFAO!!!

If a guy like Wilkins has to be hyped that says something about the Sox farm system.  His numbers this year aren't as good as Phegley's were last year and we saw what happened with Phegley.

Does a guy have to hit better than Phegley hit in Triple A in 2013 to have a chance?  What's this?  The Phegley rule?  Sheesh!  You know better than that, Roger.

Since this is supposed to be a rebuilding year, there's no harm in seeing what Wilkins can do with the parent club.  I'd like to see him come up now.  More than enough time has been wasted on Dunn.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:06 pm

rmapasad wrote:
    Wilkins will definitely get a callup this year, and they might as well DH him and sit Dunn, but that won't cut down on the team strikeouts.

Maybe, maybe not -- but at least it will cut down on Dunn's strikeouts.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:15 pm

MGJOHNSON wrote:
    rmapasad wrote:
    ROTFLMFAO!!!

If a guy like Wilkins has to be hyped that says something about the Sox farm system.  His numbers this year aren't as good as Phegley's were last year and we saw what happened with Phegley.

Does a guy have to hit better than Phegley hit in Triple A in 2013 to have a chance?  What's this?  The Phegley rule?  Sheesh!  You know better than that, Roger.

Since this is supposed to be a rebuilding year, there's no harm in seeing what Wilkins can do with the parent club.  I'd like to see him come up now.  More than enough time has been wasted on Dunn.

I'd still rather see Phegley behind the plate than Flowers!

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:25 pm

I'd still rather see Phegley behind the plate than Flowers!

Here here (or is it hear, hear?).  Is Phegley THAT bad that Flowers is better?. I'm hoping they put Nieto there for the rest of the year and see what they have.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:59 pm

Chi-kid wrote:I'd still rather see Phegley behind the plate than Flowers!

Here here (or is it hear, hear?).  Is Phegley THAT bad that Flowers is better?. I'm hoping they put Nieto there for the rest of the year and see what they have.

What about Flowers's new glasses?  Stone and Wimpy are saying that he can now see the ball.  I guess that he was blind when he was having a hot streak at the plate in April.  Seriously, Flowers appears to be a steak hitter like Beckham going back and forth from weeks of being sizzling hot to weeks of being stone cold.  In the end, the bad far outweighs the good.

BTW, streaky players always seem to go into their slumps at the worst possible time.  Championships are not built with half-ass players who only contribute on a sporadic basis.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:43 pm

If a guy like Wilkins has to be hyped that says something about the Sox farm system.  His numbers this year aren't as good as Phegley's were last year and we saw what happened with Phegley. wrote:
    Does a guy have to hit better than Phegley hit in Triple A in 2013 to have a chance?  What's this?  The Phegley rule?  Sheesh!  You know better than that, Roger.Since this is supposed to be a rebuilding year, there's no harm in seeing what Wilkins can do with the parent club.  I'd like to see him come up now.  More than enough time has been wasted on Dunn.

All right, we'll make it the Tyler Flowers rule instead..  Or the Jordan Danks rule. Something about 25 yr old guys who are lighting it up in Charlotte who end up falling flat on their faces with the Sox.

That said, Wilkins could have some immediate success because he's been red hot in AAA this month.  Guys who've been on a roll in minors often can keep that going for a while in their first taste of the bigs.  But  Wilkins hasn't had good success v. older pitchers in AAA so this says major league pitchers will probably find a way to carve him up soon enough.

But to your point, the Sox should bring him up. Dunn is the ultimate lame duck and his AB's are useless now.  I don't think Wilkins will have a real productive major league career, but he could be the LHed side of a DH platoon for a while as he's hit RHed pitchers decently enough in AAA.  He won't strike out much less than Dunn though.
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:51 pm

rmapasad wrote:
    All right, we'll make it the Tyler Flowers rule instead..  Or the Jordan Danks rule.

Don't know about the rest of you but I can't wait until the September call-ups and watch Jordan Danks flail away again and then read some doofus apologist on Facebook saying he just doesn't get enough at bats.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:08 pm

rmapasad wrote:
    If a guy like Wilkins has to be hyped that says something about the Sox farm system.  His numbers this year aren't as good as Phegley's were last year and we saw what happened with Phegley. wrote:
    Does a guy have to hit better than Phegley hit in Triple A in 2013 to have a chance?  What's this?  The Phegley rule?  Sheesh!  You know better than that, Roger.Since this is supposed to be a rebuilding year, there's no harm in seeing what Wilkins can do with the parent club.  I'd like to see him come up now.  More than enough time has been wasted on Dunn.

All right, we'll make it the Tyler Flowers rule instead..  Or the Jordan Danks rule. Something about 25 yr old guys who are lighting it up in Charlotte who end up falling flat on their faces with the Sox.

That said, Wilkins could have some immediate success because he's been red hot in AAA this month.  Guys who've been on a roll in minors often can keep that going for a while in their first taste of the bigs.  But  Wilkins hasn't had good success v. older pitchers in AAA so this says major league pitchers will probably find a way to carve him up soon enough.

But to your point, the Sox should bring him up. Dunn is the ultimate lame duck and his AB's are useless now.  I don't think Wilkins will have a real productive major league career, but he could be the LHed side of a DH platoon for a while as he's hit RHed pitchers decently enough in AAA.  He won't strike out much less than Dunn though.

Roger, you may be right about Andy Wilkins not having much of a future in the majors.  But we don't know that for sure yet.  And given that he's the best hitter powerwise that the Sox have in Triple A at this time while the parent club has more than it's share of stiffs, it's a good idea to see exactly what he can do against big league pitching.  Perhaps he's just one of those streaky guys like Beckham and Flowers.  Let's find out.  I recall that one year ago you felt that Avisail Garcia was likely to fall on his face.  Well, in my opinion, the jury is still out on Garcia; but he did do pretty well in his time with the Sox last season.  The only sure way that you can find out is to play them.

What's frustrating to me is that this year was supposed to be used to rebuild, but I see the same old shit rolled out day after day.  The season is being wasted on playing stiffs that have no future with the team.  Rebuilding means you try to go with new faces, not go with the same old same old.  Yeah, the Sox brought in Abreu and Eaton, but they were there since before spring training started.  Since then, there hasn't been all that much difference from last year's team.  Take Abreu and Eaton out of the lineup, and the team sucks big time!

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:13 pm

jaywit wrote:
    rmapasad wrote:
    All right, we'll make it the Tyler Flowers rule instead..  Or the Jordan Danks rule.

Don't know about the rest of you but I can't wait until the September call-ups and watch Jordan Danks flail away again and then read some doofus apologist on Facebook saying he just doesn't get enough at bats.

Jordan Danks has had his chances.  The jury is in on him.  He stinks!

(Two Danks are not better than one -- or none.)
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:03 pm

What's frustrating to me is that this year was supposed to be used to rebuild, but I see the same old shit rolled out day after day.  The season is being wasted on playing stiffs that have no future with the team.  Rebuilding means you try to go with new faces, not go with the same old same old.
     ******************************************************************************

That's because a lot of dumbfucks....from the front office down to a number of fans...thinks this train wreck is still "in it". They just don't want to throw in the towel and admit that this is a piece of shit team going nowhere. I wish they were 20 games under 500 so maybe we could see some future players but hell no...they have to be just mediocre enough to stay in the neighborhood of 500 and within single digits of Detroit or a possible wild card berth. Yeah...I can just see Oaf leading the charge into the post-season. Hawkeroo isn't the only one who still has a hard-on for this circus.
    Jack Brickhouse
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Jack Brickhouse on Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:53 pm

Marty, last I checked this is not 1952.

There is a PAYROLL here of millions of dollars.

Get in the real world.

Just like they were never going to bench Dunn and Rios 3 years from now, they are not going to bring up BUMS FROM CHARLOTTE to play.

They are not REBUILDING with STIFFS from Charlotte, period.

REBUILDING IS NOT A LEGO GAME.

This takes time.  DRAFT SELECTIONS WHO ARE GOOD.  REAL PLAYERS.

Plus REAL PROSPECTS.

Not a load of Charlotte shit including 28 year old Michael Taylor.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:23 pm

What is it , Bobby?  Do you get so much joy constantly bitching like an old hag that you want the Sox to go super slow so you can bitch on for eternity?

The Sox are not your Cubs.  It doesn't take 100+ years to rebuild.

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:10 pm

It doesn't take 100+ years to rebuild.

Does take about 5 tho ....when you're starting from scratch

winstonage
    Andy the Clown

Post by winstonage on Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:47 pm

Chi-kid wrote:It doesn't take 100+ years to rebuild.

Hahn know they aren't going anywhere this year. As Bobby said, there is no one in Charlotte worthy of a recall. Dunn, Viciedo and De Aza aren't blocking anyone. With the exception of Micah Johnson, Seimien, and Sanchez, all their best prospects are in the low minors. It will be at least 3 years before the best of their farm arrives. Oh, I did forget about Rodon.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:48 pm

Chi-kid wrote:It doesn't take 100+ years to rebuild.

It might take that long, especially if the GM takes the attitude of "Hey, I filled the holes at 1B and CF during the winter, and now I'll just sit on my ass all summer and let the holes in LF, RF, 2B, C, and DH fester away with stiffs"...

Take it one position at a time, but do something to try to improve rather than be content to go with the same old crap all season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:36 pm