Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Adrian Gonzalez

alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Adrian Gonzalez

Post by alohafri on Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:20 am

Is Gordon Beckham too high of a price? I heard the Padres turned down Beckham, Danks (not sure if Jordan or John), Daniel Hudson, among others.
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Re: Adrian Gonzalez

Post by Nomads44 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:41 pm

alohafri wrote:Is Gordon Beckham too high of a price? I heard the Padres turned down Beckham, Danks (not sure if Jordan or John), Daniel Hudson, among others.

Beckham is most definitely too high a price IMHO. Beckham might start for 15 years in a Sox uniform. We'd have AG two years at most before he left for huge dollars. Might get dumped earlier if the team is out of it at mid-season.

If the Padres truly turned down a PACKAGE of Beckham, either Danks and Daniel Hudson, they might as well admit to being stuck with them. That is a huge package of young talent and I'm not sure I would pay it for too many players in all of baseball, especially one that would likely walk. That package has to bring in someone likely to stay as long as Beckham would be here. Maybe a Jason Heyward type player, or an already signed long term Joe Maurer. And I am not expecting to get that type of player offered our way for any price.

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:33 pm