Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

SEND THEM PACKING

SEND THEM PACKING

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:26 pm

DUNN
    DANKS
    DE AZA
    RAMIREZ
    VICIEDO
    BECKHAM
    BELISARIO
    NOESI

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Re: SEND THEM PACKING

Post by frank bonifacic on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:48 pm

THE KARK wrote:DUNN
    DANKS
    DE AZA
    RAMIREZ
    VICIEDO
    BECKHAM
    BELISARIO
    NOESI

that should enable us to get Trout & Scherzer!
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:48 pm

You forgot Flowers.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:41 pm

Cream1953 wrote:You forgot Flowers.

That's not hard to do.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:48 pm

Cream, you're beginning to sound like a wife on Valentines Day. clown
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:22 pm

Yuck Yuck Yuck
    TeleFrank
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by TeleFrank on Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:28 pm

FIRE, COOPER, SOUTHPAW, THE USHER IN SECTION 123, THE GAL THAT TAKES THE MONEY IN LOT D AND REASSIGN THE CPD THAT HANGS AROUND THE RED LINE, THE BEER GUY WHO DOESN’T SAY ANYTHING AS HE WALKS AROUND THE FAT GUY ON THE GROUNDS CREW, THE STADIUM ELECTRICIAN, THE VISITORS CLUBHOUSE MANAGER, THE ASSISTANT TO THE ASSISTANT OF EVERYONE !!!!!! AND OF COURSE THE ANNOUNCERS BECAUSE THOSE TWO NEVER HIT WITH MEN ON BASES THOSE CHINESE WHO MAKE THE HATS AND T-SHIRTS THE BREWERS OF THE BEER THE COW PARTS IN THE HOT DOGS THE THE YEAST IN THE BUNS THE PLASTIC MOLD MAKERS WHO DESIGNED THE SEATS THE COMPUTERS THAT RUN THE SCORE BOARD THE BEAMS THAT HOLD UP THE UPPER DECK THE ROCKS IN THE CONCRETE THE DIRT IN THE INFIELD THE GROWERS OF THE SUNFLOWER SEEDS THE MANUFACTURERS OF ATHLETIC SUPPORTERS THE TREE THE BATS COME FROM.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:30 pm

Sounds reasonable enough.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:00 pm

What does NVICH think?

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:13 pm

NO I DIDN'T

BUT EVIDENTALLY, YOU FORGOT MY 3RD STRING CATCHER FETISH

I AM SO HURT
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:29 pm

DISCO SUCKS!!!!

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:58 am

ADD LINDSTROM TO THE LIST!!!!!!

THEY THINK HE CAN BE BACK BY 8/1

CAN YOU SAY WAIVER DEAL?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:13 pm

The goofiest post recently is Roger wanting the dopey Sox to keep John Danks IF they are to contend in 2016?

Since the current roster is loaded again with SHIT, you can assume that these stiffs will not be here in 2016 to CONTEND.

SO, WHO EXACTLY WILL BE ON THE ROSTER IN 2016 AND HOW IN THE HELL IS CONTENTION GUARANTEED??

UNLOAD DANKS AND HIS MONEY!

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:00 pm

EXCELLENT POINT ROBERT!!!!!!!

BASICALLY THIS TEAM IS SALE AND ABREAU.  SALE ALWAYS SEEMS TO HAVE INJURY CONCERNS.  ABREAU, AS WONDERFUL AS HE HAS BEEN, HAS NO TRACK RECORD.  HE WOULDN'T BE THE FIRST FOREIGNER TO PEAK AS A ROOKIE.

OVER PAYING THE DANKS OF THE WORLD AND KEEPING BECKHAM FOR HIS PROVEN GLOVE HASN'T WORKED IN 5 YEARS, AND ISN'T GOING TO WORK IN THE NEXT 5 EITHER.

SOX NEED KIDS LIKE EATON AND GARCIA TO BE FOR REAL.
    Hawk Harrelson
    Andy the Clown

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:45 pm

If you listen to all of the on air shit here.....  I have heard goof Rongey 3 times all season.....  Stated again, like he did last year, that Hahn does not have to trade anybody.  Of course he doesn't.  Attendance dropping for 6 straight seasons.  Nobody cares.  Do nothing!!  That is the key.

I HOPE HE TRADES HALF THE TEAM.  GO YOUNG.
    EPSTEIN MAY NOT BE SO STUPID AFTER ALL.

Young players.  Under financial control.  Enough of them to trade for the REAL Win Now move, not Kenny Williams FANTASY.
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:00 pm

Hawk Harrelson wrote:If you listen to all of the on air shit here.....  I have heard goof Rongey 3 times all season.....  Stated again, like he did last year, that Hahn does not have to trade anybody.  Of course he doesn't.  Attendance dropping for 6 straight seasons.  Nobody cares.  Do nothing!!  That is the key.

I HOPE HE TRADES HALF THE TEAM.  GO YOUNG.
    EPSTEIN MAY NOT BE SO STUPID AFTER ALL.

Young players.  Under financial control.  Enough of them to trade for the REAL Win Now move, not Kenny Williams FANTASY.
    I think I heard Rongey for the first time all year this morning/afternoon, too, driving back from a funeral.  Took about ten minutes of him ridiculing callers trying to make a point that I and probably much of Sox fandom agreed with and then shut him down with the excuse of a bad phone???  He was using blown saves as a way to show the Sox bullpen was not any worse than many others with an equal number of blown saves.  I noticed he steered way clear of the total number of opportunities.  A term blowing 13 of 40 chances is a darn sight better than a team blowing 12 of 30.  Where do the Sox stand in save percentage.

Also, my bane is the base on balls.... at ANY time.  Rongey was saying that the leadoff BOB was no worse than a hit or an error or whatever.  And that the fact the Sox lead the league in walks was the ONLY thing they were last in.  OH, BOY!!!  I'll not be listening to him again, I hope.  A pitiful ten minutes or so.  Like being back in 2007 or whatever again.

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:06 pm

Maybe Rongey is campaigning for the GM job after Hahn leaves for the Yankees..... JR has a track record with radio men to GM moves afterall.
    Hawk Harrelson
    Andy the Clown

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:10 pm

Tossup for GM job between Rongey and TV dunce Chuck Garfien when Hahn leaves.

Williams will still be there to help them along.

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:41 pm

10 more days to see if Hahn actually knoss what he is doing, or if he is just the beneficiary of this boards Kenny derrangement syndrome

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:59 pm

THE KARK wrote:10 more days to see if Hahn actually knoss what he is doing, or if he is just the beneficiary of this boards Kenny derrangement syndrome

There are fanboys on this team who loooovvvvveeeeee Hahn...the proof is in the pudding ..Let's see what happens ....maybe the fanboys will be whacking ...maybe they will be crying ... what happens to stat boys idea of Danks trade value after he SUCKED TODAY....will the fanboys love Hahn when he can't trade johnny boy?

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:18 pm

My dear Dr, it is the KARK's opinion that Hahn has yet to sho that he is good or bad. He has yet to win anything, but can't be blamed for losing. Hopefully Hahn is the man to buld that consistant contender. But this love affair just because he isn't Kenny is something. Don't understand. People need. To realize that it is possible to have to bad chief executives in a row
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:25 pm

Gordon Beckham wrote:The goofiest post recently is Roger wanting the dopey Sox to keep John Danks IF they are to contend in 2016?

Since the current roster is loaded again with SHIT, you can assume that these stiffs will not be here in 2016 to CONTEND.

SO, WHO EXACTLY WILL BE ON THE ROSTER IN 2016 AND HOW IN THE HELL IS CONTENTION GUARANTEED??

UNLOAD DANKS AND HIS MONEY!

First of all, you were the one advocating a Beckham extension a month ago because he was "competent".  Now you want to scuttle that actually are  competent.  Nobody can GUARANTEE contention any time.  Hahn has to make his best guess whether it makes sense or not in 2016, 2017 or 2018.    I don't care what the plan is, but there NEEDS TO BE A PLAN.

If it's 2016, they have holes to fill - Catcher, DH, LF,  2b, starting pitchers and a decent bullpen.  Very few if any of those holes are going to be fixed by the farm system.. But here's the brilliant fucking solution for 2016 - create TWO MORE HOLES by salary dumping Danks and Ramirez now under the belief that somehow the Sox can find a cheap SS and starting pitcher out of thin air, and use the "savings" of their salaries to buy a superstar...   Fantasy island...

If the Sox want to punt 2015 and 2016, fine, then blow up everything now except for a core - Abreu, Sale, Eaton, Quintana.   In 2017-2018  Reinsdorf will still have to spend money to fill in for the holes and he will have to end up paying up for average performers in the market... You can't win shit with 4 good players and 21 stiffs...  

Of course if it's 2017-2018, then dump Danks and Ramirez now and work on trying to achieve some measure of competency from the "other 21" players... Simple as that.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:02 pm

Seems to me Johnny has another corner he has to turn.  Rolling Eyes 

winstonage
    Andy the Clown

Post by winstonage on Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:23 pm

Cream1953 wrote:Seems to me Johnny has another corner he has to turn.  Rolling Eyes 

I wouldn't say he has to turn a corner based on today's outing. If there is some value out there, you move him and Alexi. There are too many holes to fill to think about contending in the next couple of years. If Rodon is the real deal, they can fill the back of the rotation for what they are paying Danks, or maybe Danish and Montoya are ready by 2018. By then hopefully they can add Tim Anderson and Courtney Hawkins to the core. If this all happens, you are looking at a 3 year rebuild, not bad.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:45 pm

That's the corner I want to see him turn....out of Chicago.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:53 am