Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Seattle?

Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Seattle?

Post by Nomads44 on Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:37 pm

Rumors earlier this week that Seattle was interested in someone... Viciedo I think.

I am hopefully predicting that he is peddled at the end of the series today for ex-Yankee prospect C Jesus Montero.  Not sure if Montero's defense is that good, but we need a catcher.  Montero heating up in the minors the past few days.

Also, Nieto whomped on a couple balls his first two times up today.  One sure rocket ground ball single up the middle went off Taijuan's shoe right to the 3B for an easy out.

I wish they would install Nieto as the starting catcher so they can see what they got.

As I am typing, he just made a VERY nice play on a bunt to throw a guy out on a base hit that was likely a hit against most other catchers.  And the pitcher was not far from being in his way.

winstonage
    Andy the Clown

Re: Seattle?

Post by winstonage on Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:09 pm

Nomads44 wrote:Rumors earlier this week that Seattle was interested in someone... Viciedo I think.

I am hopefully predicting that he is peddled at the end of the series today for ex-Yankee prospect C Jesus Montero.  Not sure if Montero's defense is that good, but we need a catcher.  Montero heating up in the minors the past few days.

Also, Nieto whomped on a couple balls his first two times up today.  One sure rocket ground ball single up the middle went off Taijuan's shoe right to the 3B for an easy out.

I wish they would install Nieto as the starting catcher so they can see what they got.

As I am typing, he just made a VERY nice play on a bunt to throw a guy out on a base hit that was likely a hit against most other catchers.  And the pitcher was not far from being in his way.

It's been 3 years since anyone thought Montero could catch. He is a failed prospect who is eating his way out of baseball.

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:46 pm

Nomads, I've been screaming for Nieto to start since opening day . ..to me, Flowers has shown he cannot hit major league pitching, and frankly, I'm not a lover of his defense either.  He's not the catcher of the future, and shouldn't be of the present. Nieto and Phegley should be up on the roster, and Flowers either DFA, or back at AAA.  How many more games do I have to watch him swinging at curves bouncing three feet in front of the plate and then being blown away by a fastball down the middle of the plate.

winstonage
    Andy the Clown

Post by winstonage on Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:13 pm

Chi-kid wrote:Also, Nieto whomped on a couple balls his first two times up today.  One sure rocket ground ball single up the middle went off Taijuan's shoe right to the 3B for an easy out.

Nomads, I've been screaming for Nieto to start since opening day . ..to me, Flowers has shown he cannot hit major league pitching, and frankly, I'm not a lover of his defense either.  He's not the catcher of the future, and shouldn't be of the present. Nieto and Phegley should be up on the roster, and Flowers either DFA, or back at AAA.  How many more games do I have to watch him swinging at curves bouncing three feet in front of the plate and then being blown away by a fastball down the middle of the plate.

Flowers has to be leading the league in past balls. He doesn't do one thing well. I agree boys, Nieto should be starting. Find out what you have now with Nieto. We already know what they have with Flowers.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:32 pm

Flowers has shown he cannot hit major league pitching, and frankly, I'm not a lover of his defense either.

********************************************************************************

Yeah but let's not forget the magnificent April he had!  cheers 
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:07 am

winstonage wrote:
    Nomads44 wrote:Rumors earlier this week that Seattle was interested in someone... Viciedo I think.

It's been 3 years since anyone thought Montero could catch. He is a failed prospect who is eating his way out of baseball.

Exactly.  You would not be happy with Montero.

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:58 am

Don't give up on Flowers to quickly. He could be the next Jamie Burke!!!! That and learning the IF/OF corners makes him the perfect 3rd catcher

Just remember how the KARK counts for baseball sucess
    1 knuckleballer
    2 inning saves
    3 catchers
    4 man rotation

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:49 am