Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

HappY Trails

Nomads44
    Roof Shot

HappY Trails

Post by Nomads44 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:21 am

One club with whom the Mariners are “expected to talk” is the White Sox, tweets Jon Morosi of FOX Sports. Some or all of Adam Dunn, Alexei Ramirez, and Dayan Viciedo could hold appeal to Seattle, Morosi suggests. Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com tweets that the M’s, who have scouted the South Siders recently, are intrigued by Ramirez and have had targeted Viciedo in the past.
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Re: HappY Trails

Post by Nomads44 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:26 am

Nomads44 wrote:One club with whom the Mariners are “expected to talk” is the White Sox, tweets Jon Morosi of FOX Sports. Some or all of Adam Dunn, Alexei Ramirez, and Dayan Viciedo could hold appeal to Seattle, Morosi suggests. Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com tweets that the M’s, who have scouted the South Siders recently, are intrigued by Ramirez and have had targeted Viciedo in the past.
    Too bad they cannot trade Alex Jackson yet, or has the trading of recent draft picks restriction been lifted with the new rules?

With already having #1 catcher pick from a couple years ago... Mike Zunino, Alex Jackson would not seem to be a critical part for them.

I don't see much else from Seattle that would excite me.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:43 am

They could throw in Jay to replace Herm Schneider!  cheers

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:46 am

D
    Nomads44 wrote:
    Nomads44 wrote:One club with whom the Mariners are “expected to talk” is the White Sox, tweets Jon Morosi of FOX Sports. Some or all of Adam Dunn, Alexei Ramirez, and Dayan Viciedo could hold appeal to Seattle, Morosi suggests. Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com tweets that the M’s, who have scouted the South Siders recently, are intrigued by Ramirez and have had targeted Viciedo in the past.
    Too bad they cannot trade Alex Jackson yet, or has the trading of recent draft picks restriction been lifted with the new rules?

With already having #1 catcher pick from a couple years ago... Mike Zunino, Alex Jackson would not seem to be a critical part for them.

A beer, two hot dogs and a large bag of popcorn would excite me in a trade for Dunn
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:29 pm

frank bonifacic wrote:D
    Nomads44 wrote:

A beer, two hot dogs and a large bag of popcorn would excite me in a trade for Dunn
    You are asking for too much in return, Frank......take the popcorn and RUN!
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:52 pm

Cream1953 wrote:They could throw in Jay to replace Herm Schneider!  cheers

Fuck that.  I'm not paying your state income taxes.
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:53 pm

Nomads44 wrote:

They have a sushi vendor at Safeco.  I'd give him to you.

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:00 pm

jaywit wrote:
    Nomads44 wrote:

with or without some sushi??
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:05 pm

frank bonifacic wrote:
    jaywit wrote:
    Nomads44 wrote:

with or without some sushi??

Always the barrister with you, isn't it.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:13 pm

Nomads....in the MODERN ERA a lot of the value of the trade is unloading salary.

The greatest trade of the Modern Era was 2 years ago when the Red Sox dumped $250,000,000 in bad contracts on the Dodgers.

Who cares who they got back?  They won the World Series last year.

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:59 am

Right now, the worst contract is John Danks.

Now is the time to ditch the high priced mediocrity.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:34 am

Nomads44 wrote:

De Aza for Ackley?

Maybe Seattle just wants to blow Smoak our way.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:59 pm

Get rid of Danks???? The word I'm hearing is that he's finally turned the corner!!!!

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:47 pm

Cream1953 wrote:Get rid of Danks???? The word I'm hearing is that he's finally turned the corner!!!!

I heard Cooper tweaked his delivery... geek

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:40 am