Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

RHP Parker Frazier

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

RHP Parker Frazier

Post by MGJOHNSON on Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:15 pm

I noticed that the Sox have recently promoted 25 year old RHP Parker Frazier to AAA Charlotte.  He's a product of the Rockies farm system.  Frazier had Tommy John surgery in 2009.  He doesn't strike out many, but he's noted for his control and inducing ground balls with his low-90's heavy sinker.  He also has an excellent slider which was rated the best in the Rockies' system prior to his surgery.

If the Sox are looking for a relief pitcher who can throw the ball over the plate and get ground outs, Parker Frazier may be of help.  First he has to show that he can have good success at the Triple A level.  He's pretty well mastered Double A.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: RHP Parker Frazier

Post by MGJOHNSON on Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:43 pm

Under the extremely slim chance that someone may accuse me of puffing up Parker Frazier as the guy to lead the Sox to baseball Nirvanna (Who would do such a thing!?!), all I'm saying is that Frazier could possibly be a piece of the puzzle to help improve the Sox bullpen overall.  He doesn't walk many, induces ground outs, and doesn't give up a lot of homers.

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:46 pm

THE KARK WOULD NEVER ACCUSE PARKER FRAZIER OF STEALING HIS YOUTH.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:12 pm

Under the extremely slim chance that someone may accuse me of puffing up Parker Frazier as the guy to lead the Sox to baseball Nirvanna (Who would do such a thing!?!)

*********************************************************************************

Surely you aren't referring to the guy who claims he no longer watches the games but nevertheless can't stop complaining about them?  Laughing 

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:29 pm

Cream1953 wrote:Under the extremely slim chance that someone may accuse me of puffing up Parker Frazier as the guy to lead the Sox to baseball Nirvanna (Who would do such a thing!?!)

*********************************************************************************

Surely you aren't referring to the guy who claims he no longer watches the games but nevertheless can't stop complaining about them?  Laughing 

Intentionally twisting words to fabricate phoney arguments is not something that I would imagine any guy would want to do.  Such devious behavior is more in the realm of nasty girlfriends and nagging wives. affraid
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:35 am

Stay FOCUSED, Fanboys!!!!

Don't let the upcoming Bears camp fool you.

People only like football because of gambling.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:48 am

The train arrived right on schedule Mart!  Very Happy
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:19 am

Charlotte Rocks!!!

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:37 am

Is Charlotte a harlot? And can we invite her to Nomadsfest?
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:40 am

Stay focused on these player moves at Charlotte.  I think I will attend all kinds of September games to see these guys when rosters expand.  Maybe Mitchell will be brought up, too.

TAILGATE!
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:55 am

Under the extremely slim chance that someone may accuse me of puffing up Parker Frazier as the guy to lead the Sox to baseball Nirvanna (Who would do such a thing!?!), all I'm saying is that Frazier could possibly be a piece of the puzzle to help improve the Sox bullpen overall.  He doesn't walk many, induces ground outs, and doesn't give up a lot of homers.  >
    He could probably be as "effective" as the current Sox Closer as could 2-3 other guys in Charlotte right now.  
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:29 am

Get him up right now.

The season is ON THE LINE!!!!

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:16 am

rmapasad wrote:Under the extremely slim chance that someone may accuse me of puffing up Parker Frazier as the guy to lead the Sox to baseball Nirvanna (Who would do such a thing!?!), all I'm saying is that Frazier could possibly be a piece of the puzzle to help improve the Sox bullpen overall.  He doesn't walk many, induces ground outs, and doesn't give up a lot of homers.  >
    He could probably be as "effective" as the current Sox Closer as could 2-3 other guys in Charlotte right now.  

And there's probably a half dozen guys in A-ball.  Maybe that's the answer: bring the guys up to the majors super quick like the Sox did with Chris Sale so that the idiot coaches in "player development" can't screw them up.

(Speaking of idiot coaches, a birthday is coming up.  Cream is probably preparing to get on the birthday thread to tell Coach what a fantastic positive influence that Coach has been in his life -- well, maybe not. Rolling Eyes  I notice that Coach is a Cancer, just like his hero George W. Bush.  Anyway, this birthday is his 69th, so he's likely to have an extremely foul tongue.)
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:52 am

Cream is probably preparing to get on the birthday thread to tell Coach what a fantastic positive influence that Coach has been in his life

There's a small side of me that actually misses "The Coach". I've never before been told to go fuck myself in so many creative and varied ways. It was impressive indeed. When Kark types the same thing to me there's just something missing...can't put myfinger on it but maybe it lacks panache. "The Coach", on the other hand, elevated vile and obscene things he could say to you to an invigorating art form...he was a true master of his craft. I'll never forget the one time Al and I actually agreed on something though I don't recall what it was. I STILL get misty-eyed when I think of it.  Sad 

Yes of course...I'll acknowledge his birthday.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:36 pm

The beauty of Al was that it wasn't some kind of counter-personality, created only to mess with us.  It was actually him.  And every time he wrote something insane, he really meant it.  I miss him, too.  I still sort of think that in person he'd be ok to be around....like a crotchety old guy to give a bunch of shit to.

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:02 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:The beauty of Al was that it wasn't some kind of counter-personality, created only to mess with us.  It was actually him.  And every time he wrote something insane, he really meant it.  I miss him, too.  I still sort of think that in person he'd be ok to be around....like a crotchety old guy to give a bunch of shit to.
     Do you mean that there are people who do that???
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:46 pm

About 3 times per season Al would make a baseball point that indicated a real knowledge of the game.  The rest of the time he was touting clowns like Jerry Owens, Danny Richar and Josh Fields.  Saying every Spring that the Sox had NO WEAKNESSES was always warm and fuzzy.  The guy was fun.  Arguing with him was FUN.

If you thought he fought with us, he seemed to have called EACH and EVERY poster on the Bears Board an asshole at one time or another.

I miss him.  Full of piss, vinegar and mostly shit.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:01 pm

Hey, it's not as if "The Coach" ever engaged in hyperbole. lol I love how he'd make these blanket proclamations and then get pissed if you called him on them. Bobby's list of "Coach" superstars is dead on but my own personal all-time favorite was Scott Linebrink. Fucker couldn't pitch batting practice but Al was touting him while the rest of us just wanted to shoot the bastard. I recall when he tabbed Linebrink one of the best relievers in "all of baseball" and how 20 teams would chomp at the bit to have him. Priceless!!

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:06 pm

Soxillinirob wrote:The beauty of Al was that it wasn't some kind of counter-personality, created only to mess with us.  It was actually him.  And every time he wrote something insane, he really meant it.  I miss him, too.  I still sort of think that in person he'd be ok to be around....like a crotchety old guy to give a bunch of shit to.

Rob calling someone insane?!?!??!?!?

LMAO

The man you invents pure nonsense to defend an incompetent boob like Obama is going to qyestion the sanity of Al?!?? ? ? ?

Rob your politics are as whacked as they come. You get away with it because people here would shoot their grandfather before admit a conservative is right about anything.

Exhibit A, your whacko theory about how legalized heroin makes people free

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:14 pm

The KARK could have Al and Cal back on this board in a snap. I wouldn't do that to a friend. Watching the stupidity of our government is maddening enough. But to read some moron actually defend something as stupid as a hardrive crash, well that just takes the cake

I wished this board was as critical of our affirmative action President as they are the White Sox affirmative action GM
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:22 pm

Baseball only here. Take the political crap to Blago's.  Mad

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:58 pm

Cream1953 wrote:Baseball only here. Take the political crap to Blago's.  Mad

Sorry cream, but RobZ cavalier superiority complex pisses me off.  Who the fuck is he to look down upon THE COACH.

And just how do you explain this ignorant statement:

I still sort of think that in person he'd be ok to be around....like a crotchety old guy to give a bunch of shit to.

At least when the KARK says he's like to meet people like you or sharpy its to shake your hand, share a beer, and say its all in fun.  sorry for the times I let my temper get the better of me or when I deliberately went out of my way to cause crap.

Heck, that's way I created MARK THE CPA and FATHER OF STAN.  To let people know THE KARK was stepping out of the ring and resonding in a way other than a trashing talking professional wrestler.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:19 pm

THE KARK wrote:

And just how do you explain this ignorant statement:

I still sort of think that in person he'd be ok to be around....like a crotchety old guy to give a bunch of shit to.

Ha.  Don't we all know people like this?  Giving shit to someone is a term of endearment.  I never hated Al at all.  Like I said, I miss the guy.  And yes, he often said insane shit.  We all do at times.  Doesn't mean he's insane....just that he sometimes says insane stuff.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:22 pm

THE KARK wrote:
    The man you invents pure nonsense to defend an incompetent boob like Obama is going to qyestion the sanity of Al?!?? ? ? ?

I've had a habit of defending all of our presidents in our lifetime. Haven't made it a point to spend my quality time agonizing over any of them, and have generally appreciated all of them at least to a modest degree.  Don't even hate GWB. 

That is all from me on this topic as long as it's not parked in Blago.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:26 pm

Sox could use Fess Parker and Frazier Thomas in that bullpen.  The fact that both are deceased could be a benefit.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:57 am