Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Seattle interested In Alexei Ramirez?

Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Seattle interested In Alexei Ramirez?

Post by Cream1953 on Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:48 am

Konerko has a ring, Billy Beane does not.

******************************************************************************

I just love John's fan-boy based straw man arguments where he'll state something that isn't even remotely connected to the issue at hand in an attempt to prove his point. It's like me saying you should rotate the tires on your car three times a week and I'm right because I own a car and you don't.
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:45 am

Give me a fucking break.  The naked eye tells me Baseball BLOWS.  Swinging for the fences.  Striking out.  4 hour games.
    Now what in the fuck are these idiotic stats proving?

A dull game becomes brutal with STATHEADS!!!
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:15 am

Seems to me Beane's huge STATISTICAL discovery was On Base Percentage.  The importance of the all important Walk!!!
    Well, if every stiff pitcher is trying to strike out every batter and nibbling while the jackass batter is nothing but a hacker swinging for the downs, sometimes walks will HAPPEN!!!!
    In 50 pitch 1/2 innings, sometimes walks will happen.
    Statheads are quantifying BULLSHIT.
    How many years have the White Sox proved on base percentage means jackshit if you can not actually SCORE the men on base?
    WHAT ARE PEOPLE ACTUALLY WATCHING HERE?  What are you seeing with your own EYES?
    Beane is no fool.  Beane is also no genius.  There are no geniuses in sports.  A player is either good or not.
    The stat that matters in baseball is the NUMBER OF DOLLARS spent.  Ask Beane.

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:36 am

HILLARIOUS!!!!!!

ROSEBOWL SPENDS THE PAST 4 YEARS CALLING BECKHAM OAF JR

NOW HE'S THE KEY TO THE 2015 TITLE!!!!!!

ROSEBOWL'S BELOVED CUBBIES WERE SUPPOSED TO HAVE 100 YEAR MAGIC IN 2008.  I SUPPOSE THE SOX WILL HAVE 10 YEAR MAGIC IN 2015!!!!!!

AND THIS NOTION THAT BECKHAM IS THIS GREAT PLAYER BEING BESMIRCHED BY NEW AGE STATS IS A CROCK.  BECKHAM HAS DISAPPOINTED EVERY YEAR AFTER HIS ROOKIE YEAR.  SURE HE'S GOOD WITH THE GLOVE.  SO WAS SCOTTIE FLETCHER.  BUT NOBODY IN THEIR RIGHT MIND PLACED FLETCHER WITH JACK MCDOWELL AND FRANK THOMAS AS THE CURE OF THE TEAM

WHILE THE KARK DOES NOT DUMP BECKHAM FOR SOME POWER ARM IN A BALL, THIS LIFE LONG DISAPPOINTMENT IS CERTAINLY ON THE TABLE.  AND IF HE ENDS THE SEASON BATTING HIS TYPICAL 240, I NON TENDER HIS ASS
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:49 am

Who do the White Sox have in their system that is better than Beckham?

One of the reasons the Sox always suck is idiots like your hero Williams trade people with no replacement available.

Last I checked, the White Sox did not bid on Cano last Winter.

The Sox are what the Sox are.

The Division is an annual farce.  A joke.  YOU are the guy that invented the MAGICAL SEASON!  Now there are all kinds of WILD CARDS to keep the Norms and Murph's of the World pantsless in front of the TV.

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:25 pm

ANOTHER REASON THE SOX ALWAYS SUCK IS THAT THEIR SOCALLED CAN'T MISS PROSPECTS USUALLY END UP LIKE GORDON BECKHAM AND BRIAN ANDERSON

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:30 pm

Stathead Beane may have made a big mistake last week trading AAA outfielder Michael Taylor to Hahn for Jake Sanchez, a 24 year old low-A ball right-handed pitcher.  Minor league trades like this usually mean nothing; but Taylor, a 6'5" 255 lb. right-handed hitter with power and speed who can actually catch a baseball and work a count, might be a big plus for the Sox this summer.  He's 28 years old, but was blocked in AAA Reno due to Oakland's outfield depth.  He won't have that problem with the White Sox - and he's a heck of a lot better than any other outfielder the Sox have playing now at AAA Charlotte.

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:39 pm

MGJOHNSON wrote:Stathead Beane may have made a big mistake last week trading AAA outfielder Michael Taylor to Hahn for Jake Sanchez, a 24 year old low-A ball right-handed pitcher.  Minor league trades like this usually mean nothing; but Taylor, a 6'5" 255 lb. right-handed hitter with power and speed who can actually catch a baseball and work a count, might be a big plus for the Sox this summer.  He's 28 years old, but was blocked in AAA Reno due to Oakland's outfield depth.  He won't have that problem with the White Sox.

TAYLOR COULD BE THE NEXT DE AZA!!!!!!!

BTW, THE KARK IS DE AZA'S BIGGEST FAN AND AN OUT OF THE CLOSET LOVER OF QUAD A PLAYERS.

THE SOX GOT 2 USEFUL YEARS OUT OF DE AZA.  WITH A LITTLE LUCK, MAYBE THEN CAN GET 3 FROM THIS TAYLOR CAT

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:41 pm

sox55 wrote:
    rmapasad wrote:Beckham will have over 6 years of service after next year making 2015 his free agent year. Ramirez will be a free agent after the 2015 season unless the Sox pick up his 2016 option for 10mil which would be foolish>
    OK, I see you're defining a guy's 6th service year as his "free agent season", where I was calling it the year he actually becomes a free agent.  Sox could still keep Beckham in 2015 on a one-year arb deal and I think it's possible Hahn may wait the rest of this year to see how Semien and Johnson are doing before deciding what to do with Beckham.  It's possible that one contender (Oakland A's) could be interested in Beckham come this July but very doubtful they would offer their top SS prospect, Adam Russell, for him. 
    As to Ramirez, Sox need to start thinking about his replacement for 2016 fairly soon, otherwise they may be picking up that 2016 option due to lack of any other solutions.
    Beckham isn't going anywhere soon. 
    The team is being re-built around Sale, Abreu and him.

You can relate all the new millennium stats you want, I watch him play everyday and I wouldn't want anyone else at 2nd base for the next few years.

WHAT ABOUT MOVING HIM TO LEFT AND BATTING HIM 9TH SO HE CAN CONCENTRATE ON HOMERS AND RBI's

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:44 pm

THE KARK wrote:ANOTHER REASON THE SOX ALWAYS SUCK IS THAT THEIR SOCALLED CAN'T MISS PROSPECTS USUALLY END UP LIKE GORDON BECKHAM AND BRIAN ANDERSON

It comes down to problems with draft selection and player development.  I'm somewhat disappointed that Hahn hasn't moved quicker in replacing KW's draft team.  Perhaps it just takes time, or maybe Hahn doesn't have complete reign in this area.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:50 pm

Makes no sense to bash on-base % and walks. In most AB's, a walk is every bit as a good as a basehit and it's always better than an out. Branch Rickey, who first true stathead GM understood that - he wrote articles about it.  Robinson, Snider, Reese, Hodges, Gilliam all had good plate discipline.  His Dodger teams of the 1950's consistently led the league in BB's and OBP - that core didn't work out too badly - 7 pennants.  Beane exploited the same thing in the late 1990's, and other  GM's have caught on.  Now Beane's focus is on fielding stats and the results haven't been too shabby - they're contending for 3rd straight AL West title. With one of the lowest payrolls in baseball . If you don't have the $$ budget to consistently get or retain the big-name guys, one solution is to put pencil to paper and figure out how to get the most wins for your buck.  But then again, you can always let your eyes tell you who the real talents are like Kenny Williams (the consummate scout and stat-basher) did.  How's that method been working out the last 4-5 years ?
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:54 pm

Damn - this formatting thing happened again.  Tried different edit methods too.  Wow - this is frustrating ... Very Happy  Seriously, is there any way to prevent all these formatting codes from showing up and typesizes from changing ?

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:05 pm

rmapasad wrote:Damn - this formatting thing happened again.  Tried different edit methods too.  Wow - this is frustrating ... Very Happy  Seriously, is there any way to prevent all these formatting codes from showing up and typesizes from changing ?

Roger, hit the "quote" button and when the post appears, don't try to type within the yellow area.  Instead add you comments where the cursor is under the yellow quote area.  Then before hitting "send" remove the check mark in the box for "Disable BBCode in this post" by clicking on it.  Doing the above should at least help clean things up.
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:22 pm

MGJOHNSON wrote:
    THE KARK wrote:ANOTHER REASON THE SOX ALWAYS SUCK IS THAT THEIR SOCALLED CAN'T MISS PROSPECTS USUALLY END UP LIKE GORDON BECKHAM AND BRIAN ANDERSON

It comes down to problems with draft selection and player development.  I'm somewhat disappointed that Hahn hasn't moved quicker in replacing KW's draft team.  Perhaps it just takes time, or maybe Hahn doesn't have complete reign in this area.
    You can bet the reach of The Chairman extends to the scouting staff.  It is so much easier to see the organization for what it has been for 30 plus years instead of pretending things are now going to be different.  I am also sure Kenny will protect the paychecks of HIS GUYS in scouting.
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:24 pm

rmapasad wrote:Makes no sense to bash on-base % and walks. In most AB's, a walk is every bit as a good as a basehit and it's always better than an out. Branch Rickey, who first true stathead GM understood that - he wrote articles about it.  Robinson, Snider, Reese, Hodges, Gilliam all had good plate discipline.  His Dodger teams of the 1950's consistently led the league in BB's and OBP - that core didn't work out too badly - 7 pennants.  Beane exploited the same thing in the late 1990's, and other  GM's have caught on.  Now Beane's focus is on fielding stats and the results haven't been too shabby - they're contending for 3rd straight AL West title. With one of the lowest payrolls in baseball . If you don't have the $$ budget to consistently get or retain the big-name guys, one solution is to put pencil to paper and figure out how to get the most wins for your buck.  But then again, you can always let your eyes tell you who the real talents are like Kenny Williams (the consummate scout and stat-basher) did.  How's that method been working out the last 4-5 years ?
    Where the White Sox are concerned it makes PERFECT SENSE to bash both OBP and Walks.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:28 pm

Hawk Harrelson wrote:
    MGJOHNSON wrote:

You can bet the reach of The Chairman extends to the scouting staff.  It is so much easier to see the organization for what it has been for 30 plus years instead of pretending things are now going to be different.  I am also sure Kenny will protect the paychecks of HIS GUYS in scouting.

As John Fogerty might say, "Who'll stop the rain" (or reign)? Crying or Very sad

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:48 pm

THE KARK wrote:
    MGJOHNSON wrote:Stathead Beane may have made a big mistake last week trading AAA outfielder Michael Taylor to Hahn for Jake Sanchez, a 24 year old low-A ball right-handed pitcher.  Minor league trades like this usually mean nothing; but Taylor, a 6'5" 255 lb. right-handed hitter with power and speed who can actually catch a baseball and work a count, might be a big plus for the Sox this summer.  He's 28 years old, but was blocked in AAA Reno due to Oakland's outfield depth.  He won't have that problem with the White Sox.

TAYLOR COULD BE THE NEXT DE AZA!!!!!!!

BTW, THE KARK IS DE AZA'S BIGGEST FAN AND AN OUT OF THE CLOSET LOVER OF QUAD A PLAYERS.

THE SOX GOT 2 USEFUL YEARS OUT OF DE AZA.  WITH A LITTLE LUCK, MAYBE THEN CAN GET 3 FROM THIS TAYLOR CAT

Well, Taylor would have to become a total hacker and work on diminishing his defense to become the next De Aza.  Kark, if it were up to me, I'd dump De Aza and pickup just released Grady Sizemore, who may or may not be done.  At least, he's probably better than DeAza, both defensively and offensively.
    Hawk Harrelson
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by Hawk Harrelson on Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:23 pm

Some 28 year old outfielder traded for an A Ball pitcher is sure to be a difference maker!!!

ROTFLMFAO!!!

The White Sox Fanboy World of make believe and complete delusion.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:42 pm

Hawk Harrelson wrote:Some 28 year old outfielder traded for an A Ball pitcher is sure to be a difference maker!!!

ROTFLMFAO!!!

Just a possibility, Bobby.  Michael Taylor may help.  He may not.  Anyway, he appears better than the other outfielders the Sox have in AAA Charlotte.  I'd much sooner see him get called up than Jordan Danks again or Jared Mitchell.

Hahn has got to do whatever he can to better the team.  He has made a number of minor league deals lately.  On the surface, getting Taylor "may" be the one to provide some help in the near future.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:15 pm

Well, Taylor would have to become a total hacker and work on diminishing his defense to become the next De Aza. 

I was so fucking mad at De Aza last night I coulda bashed his head in with his own bat. Comes up, bases loaded and one out, wild-assed swing at first pitch that didn't even sniff the strike zone and pops it up....just like that two outs!! At least take a pitch dumb ass! If I was Ventura I would have benched his ass right then and there. I don't care if I would have had to stick Konerko in the outfield.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:28 pm

Cream1953 wrote:Well, Taylor would have to become a total hacker and work on diminishing his defense to become the next De Aza. 

I was so fucking mad at De Aza last night I coulda bashed his head in with his own bat. Comes up, bases loaded and one out, wild-assed swing at first pitch that didn't even sniff the strike zone and pops it up....just like that two outs!! At least take a pitch dumb ass! If I was Ventura I would have benched his ass right then and there. I don't care if I would have had to stick Konerko in the outfield.

And today, both De Aza and Dunn are hitting the tar out of the ball.  Since today's game is nationally televised, I'm just hoping that some GM is sitting in his office watching the game and contemplating how he could "steal" De Aza and Dunn away from the White Sox. Smile

Of course, this isn't likely to be happening.  Most GM's are not nearly as dumb as KW.

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:15 pm

Hawk Harrelson wrote:Some 28 year old outfielder traded for an A Ball pitcher is sure to be a difference maker!!!

ROTFLMFAO!!!

COMING FROM THE GUY WHO WANTS TO EXTEND BECKHAM!!!!!!!!

CLAIMING ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND ANOTHER 2B CAPABLE OF CATCHING THE BALL WHILE HITTING 240!!!!!

MAYBE THEY CAN GIVE BECKHAM THE 10 YEAR DEAL YOU WANTED TO GIVE HIM AFTER ROOKIE YEAR!!!!!!!

AND YOU WANT TO LECTURE US ABOUT THE BUSINESS SIDE!!!!!!!

HEY ROSEBOWL, YOUR HERO DARWIN BARNEY LOOKS LIKE A NON TENDER CANDIDATE.  AND HE ACTUALLY WON A GOLD GLOVE!!!!!!
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:13 pm

Cream1953 wrote:Well, Taylor would have to become a total hacker and work on diminishing his defense to become the next De Aza. 

He could always try Gordon out there. Very Happy 
    Jack Brickhouse
    Andy the Clown

Post by Jack Brickhouse on Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:27 am

THE KARK wrote:

ROTFLMFAO!!!

COMING FROM THE GUY WHO WANTS TO EXTEND BECKHAM!!!!!!!!

CLAIMING ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND ANOTHER 2B CAPABLE OF CATCHING THE BALL WHILE HITTING 240!!!!!

MAYBE THEY CAN GIVE BECKHAM THE 10 YEAR DEAL YOU WANTED TO GIVE HIM AFTER ROOKIE YEAR!!!!!!!

AND YOU WANT TO LECTURE US ABOUT THE BUSINESS SIDE!!!!!!!

HEY ROSEBOWL, YOUR HERO DARWIN BARNEY LOOKS LIKE A NON TENDER CANDIDATE.  AND HE ACTUALLY WON A GOLD GLOVE!!!!!!
    LMAO!!   The great Taylor!!  Somebody hurt at Charlotte?  Giving Beckham away for nothing makes zero sense.
    Jack Brickhouse
    Andy the Clown

Post by Jack Brickhouse on Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:31 am

GORDON ROCKS!!

WIN NOW FOR PAULIE!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:45 pm