Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Last night

Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Last night

Post by Cream1953 on Thu May 29, 2014 7:11 am

Lemme see...bottom of the 9th and tied. How did it play out? A walk...a stolen base...a sacrifice fly that advanced the runner to third...base hit...ballgame! If only for just a few moments, a thing of beauty that even Rosebowl could appreciate. I'm sure Nomads did.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Re: Last night

Post by alohafri on Thu May 29, 2014 7:22 am

Cream1953 wrote:Lemme see...bottom of the 9th and tied. How did it play out? A walk...a stolen base...a sacrifice fly that advanced the runner to third...base hit...ballgame! If only for just a few moments, a thing of beauty that even Rosebowl could appreciate. I'm sure Nomads did.

It shouldn't have been needed. I'm picking you over Belasario.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Thu May 29, 2014 7:30 am

Oy. I'm actually in a half way decent mood this morning, a rarity, and you have to try and spoil it. Yes Belasario allowed a run with that base hit but, after taking one off the hip, he actually served up a textbook double play that Oaf totally screwed up. I'm not a Belasario fan but I don't lay the top of the 9th completely on him.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Thu May 29, 2014 7:50 am

Cream1953 wrote:Oy. I'm actually in a half way decent mood this morning, a rarity, and you have to try and spoil it. Yes Belasario allowed a run with that base hit but, after taking one off the hip, he actually served up a textbook double play that Oaf totally screwed up. I'm not a Belasario fan but I don't lay the top of the 9th completely on him.

That's what I get for monitoring the game on Yahoo. I didn't know that he had taken one off the hip. I retract my statement. I was shooting from the hip.
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Thu May 29, 2014 2:27 pm

Cream1953 wrote:Lemme see...bottom of the 9th and tied. How did it play out? A walk...a stolen base...a sacrifice fly that advanced the runner to third...base hit...ballgame! If only for just a few moments, a thing of beauty that even Rosebowl could appreciate. I'm sure Nomads did.

Did not see it...back East....but I would have loved it.  I love REAL baseball and not Swing for the Fences Little League.
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Thu May 29, 2014 3:28 pm

You bet.  Stayed up late the night before, too.

Just finished watching the replay of last night again, too.  Love these kinds of games.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:10 pm