Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

8 phases of a Democracy

8 phases of a Democracy

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:34 pm

Around 1790, Historian Alexander Tyler listed the 8 phases of a Democracy:

Stages of Democracy - Where's the U.S.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. From Bondage to spiritual faith;
    2. From spiritual faith to great courage;
    3. From courage to liberty;
    4. From liberty to abundance;
    5. From abundance to complacency;
    6. From complacency to apathy;
    7. From apathy to dependence;
    8. From dependence back into bondage"

Where do you think present day USA falls on this list?

At best #5, at worst #7.

The KARK's greatest fear is that a military dictatorship is coming. Maybe not in my lifetime, but definitely in my grandkids lifetime. And no, it's not just because Obama was elected President. However, I believe he will accelerate the process. Just look at his agenda:

Single payer gov't run healthcare.
    Amnesty of illegals
    Global Warming
    Wealth redistribution via higher taxes
    No Nukes
    his constant apologizing for America's greatness.

Everything this man believes in either makes the American citizen more dependent upon government and/or increases the size,scope and power of gov't. At the same time, his policies weaken the American military and/or the American businesses. And what really keeps the KARK up at night is that things might not be that much better if the Republicans take back DC in 2010 and 2012.

It is the KARK's opinion that this Great Nation of ours is going to be facing some extremely hard a difficult choices very soon. Those choices will include throwing some people of the lifeboat in order to prevent the lifeboat from capsizing. People will not go willingly of the lifeboat. Any politician with the balls to suggest who should go off the lifeboat will be unelectable. The longer we wait to make these tough choices, the more people will have to be thrown off

HAVE A LOVELY DAY

Current date/time is Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:59 am