Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

N.Y. Yankee fanboyism

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

N.Y. Yankee fanboyism

Post by MGJOHNSON on Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:00 pm

From Rotoworld.com quoting some guy in the N.Y. Post:

"Joel Sherman of the New York Post writes that a trade built around Gordon Beckham and Francisco Cervelli is "not impossible."  The White Sox have been connected with Cervelli, who is on the trade block, and Beckham would make sense as a piece going the other way given the Yankees' needs at second base. It seems likely that the Yanks would have to give up more in the deal. Cervelli could be helping his stock with three homers this spring."

Sheesh, they must think in New York that Kenny Williams is still the GM of the White Sox.  Such a trade would likely take quite a bit more than Francisco Cervelli, who is a 28 year old light-hitting backup catcher who had a broken hand and elbow problems last season, which ended with him sitting out a 50 game Biogenesis suspension while nursing his sore elbow.  To put it simply, he's a worse option than either Flowers or Phegley.

Hey, Yankee fanboys, the White Sox have enough of there own shit to peddle without adding any from your favorite team!
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: N.Y. Yankee fanboyism

Post by Harry Caray on Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:22 pm

NO!!!  Make the Deal!!!  The return of Beckham with the Yankees can help John peddle his tickets!!!
    Stands at The Cell will be jammed to hail the return of Gordon and his DEFENSE!!

John can peddle his Beckham jerseys outside, too!

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:39 pm

I don't want to trash the guy as he's probably been "needled" enough, but Cervelli was former Sox stiff Chris Stewart's backup.  That's pretty sad.

8 homers in 6 seasons as a backup (542 at-bats).  I wonder how weak he'd be if it weren't for Biogenesis.

I'd sooner see John donate his Beckham jersey to Goodwill than see the Sox get Cervelli.
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:33 pm

Who are we needling, the Yankees Stiff or John?  John is busy texting me that the Yankees series at The Cell is HUGE because it is on a weekend and people from NEW YORK will come!!!!

Spend enough time in Arizona sequestered with Murph and you will be convinced the Earth is flat and the Pope is a Muslim.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:59 pm

Gordon Beckham wrote:Who are we needling, the Yankees Stiff or John?  John is busy texting me that the Yankees series at The Cell is HUGE because it is on a weekend and people from NEW YORK will come!!!!

Spend enough time in Arizona sequestered with Murph and you will be convinced the Earth is flat and the Pope is a Muslim.

Bobby, it looks like I'm trashing the Yankee Stiff while needling John.  Laughing 

I'm meeting John and Murph for an early dinner tomorrow before taking in a UofA/Washington State ballgame with them in the evening.  I'm sure I'll get their perspectives of what they have witnessed in Glendale.  affraid

Stiff Axelrod is on the mound today...   affraid  affraid  affraid 
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:00 pm

The question is will you get sensible Murph or "The White Sox are my Life and have to Win the Pennant this year Murph"?

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:13 pm

Gordon Beckham wrote:The question is will you get sensible Murph or "The White Sox are my Life and have to Win the Pennant this year Murph"?

I'll likely get the sensible Murph at first, but as the day wears on, ...

BTW, Stiff Axelrod pitched 3 shutout innings today.  The Hawk is currently raving about him.  Also, I read where two of Oakland's starting pitchers are probably going to start the season on the DL.  Now if "we" could get Billy Beane to send "us" a few of their top prospects for Axelrod...  Anyway, I'll run that by Murph. Smile
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:56 pm

MGJOHNSON wrote:I don't want to trash the guy as he's probably been "needled" enough, but Cervelli was former Sox stiff Chris Stewart's backup.  That's pretty sad.

8 homers in 6 seasons as a backup (542 at-bats).  I wonder how weak he'd be if it weren't for Biogenesis.

I'd sooner see John donate his Beckham jersey to Goodwill than see the Sox get Cervelli.
    True enough, Mart.  Cervelli isn't a total stiff because he plays defense pretty well, and his career 710 OPS isn't horrible by Catcher standards (Flowers is 652).  But he's clearly not a big improvement.
    This rumor was started by a NY columnist who was speculating about Cervelli's value since he's hit 3 HR's  in Spring Training games this year. Believing that a guy is ready to bust loose based on what he's done in first two weeks of March would be ridiculous.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:42 pm

Believing that a guy is ready to bust loose based on what he's done in first two weeks of March would be ridiculous.

***********************************************************************************

It's standard operating procedure for the White Sox...they do it every year!!!
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:11 am

While waiting for a broken pinkie to be splinted at Illinois Masonic yesterday, John kept me up to the moment with texts with Oaf's strikeouts.

What a fucking joke that this useless prick is on the team.

3 ks yesterday.
    Midseason form! 

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:13 am

Gordon Beckham wrote:While waiting for a broken pinkie to be splinted at Illinois Masonic yesterday, John kept me up to the moment with texts with Oaf's strikeouts.

What a fucking joke that this useless prick is on the team.

3 ks yesterday.
    Midseason form! 

Yeah, but Dunn did put the ball into play once yesterday -- double play.
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:27 am

I think people at The Cell can show their appreciation for the fine state MLB is in by BOOING the Hell out of this Oaf every time he steps to the plate.  However that goes against the grain of the sheep that the dumb ass ticket buyer has been turned into.  Believe in YOUR team, spank the monkey and spend every dime you have with them!!!
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:15 pm

I think people at The Cell can show their appreciation for the fine state MLB is in by BOOING the Hell out of this Oaf every time he steps to the plate.  However that goes against the grain of the sheep that the dumb ass ticket buyer has been turned into.  Believe in YOUR team, spank the monkey and spend every dime you have with them!!!  >>
    I suppose taking it out on Dunn has a certain psychic satisfaction but it's really a Kenny Williams screw-up that he's still on Sox.  There was no need to have given him that 4th year guaranteed.
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:26 pm

Roger, Oaf signed so fast with the Sox I doubt he had another offer.  Chalk one up for the Oaf's agent.
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:33 pm

Gordon Beckham wrote:While waiting for a broken pinkie to be splinted at Illinois Masonic yesterday,...

Spanking DL time
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:36 pm

Wrong hand.  I will be spanking like crazy for Adam Dunn!!!!
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:57 pm

Just wondering. Has there ever been a player that ripped the White Sox off for more money than Oaf?
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:10 pm

Cream1953 wrote:Just wondering. Has there ever been a player that ripped the White Sox off for more money than Oaf?
    Kenny Williams?
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:23 am

Bullseye, Nomads!!!  Once Reinsdorf decided to groom red ass Kenny to be GM, Kenny showed his appreciation by pissing away close to one billion dollars on payroll since 2005 for one whole playoff game win!
    Hey, he was a figure the WIN NOW crowd could rally around.  The fire and passion GM!!!  Ignore how the team plays the game and scoreboard watch in June!!!  We have wasted years paying attention to this charade. 

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:56 am

Dunn is in his free agent year. That has to be worth 50HR as he hopes to find another sucker

Plus the even year magic. Can't forget even yar magic
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:06 am

2005 was an odd numbered year as was 1959, 1917, and 1919.
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:17 am

1983, one Dybzinski away from a series. 
    1993, simply beat by a better team.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:56 am

jaywit wrote:1983, one Dybzinski away from a series. 
    1993, simply beat by a better team.

2013, simply beat by almost 30 better teams...  Sad

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:22 pm

Gordon Beckham wrote:2005 was an odd numbered year as was 1959, 1917, and 1919.

2005 WAS THE LAST GOOD ODD NUMBERED YEAR.

SINCE THEN, EVER ODD NUMBERED YEARS HAS BEEN UNDER 500, EVERY EVEN NUMBERED YEAR HAS BEEN OVER 500

ITS ALMOST LIKE 2005 HAS PUT A CURSE ON ALL THE ODD NUMBERED YEARS THAT FOLLOW

BUT SERIOUSLY FOLKS,

The KARK can forgive WIN NOW until the winter of 2010.  with Konerko and AJ type free agents and Putz a B, that was 5 extra draft picks in the first two rounds.  Stupid not to take advantage.  sure it might cost you some attendance, but the payroll savings offsets it.  the fans would be back once the team starts winning, and in today's game that can be rather quickly.  the money pissed away in the Dunn era is never coming back
    Harry Caray
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Harry Caray on Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:45 pm

Cost attendance?  What attendance?  That 2012 crap team that had True Fanboys jerking off madly because they were somehow in 1st place and still were no damned good did not draw. Obviously WIN NOW was just plain stupid because the Sox would not spend the REAL money to make it work.  They would have fucked up the draft selections anyway.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:41 pm