Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Kurt Suzuki

winstonage
    Andy the Clown

Kurt Suzuki

Post by winstonage on Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:09 pm

I haven't heard a word about free agent catcher Kurt Suzuki. I think he would be a nice add on a 2 year deal. Good defense has double digit HR power. He has had a couple of tough yeas at the plate in 2012 and 2013, but he just turned 30, so I think he could be poised for a decent year. This could buy them some time to see what they have with Miquel Gonzales or Kevan Smith. I just think that they are going to have a lot of young pitchers on this staff, and really need a veteran catcher.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Re: Kurt Suzuki

Post by alohafri on Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:08 pm

winstonage wrote:I haven't heard a word about free agent catcher Kurt Suzuki. I think he would be a nice add on a 2 year deal. Good defense has double digit HR power. He has had a couple of tough yeas at the plate in 2012 and 2013, but he just turned 30, so I think he could be poised for a decent year. This could buy them some time to see what they have with Miquel Gonzales or Kevan Smith. I just think that they are going to have a lot of young pitchers on this staff, and really need a veteran catcher.

And do what with Tyler Flowers? Have you thought about that?
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:19 pm

alohafri wrote:
    winstonage wrote:I haven't heard a word about free agent catcher Kurt Suzuki. I think he would be a nice add on a 2 year deal. Good defense has double digit HR power. He has had a couple of tough yeas at the plate in 2012 and 2013, but he just turned 30, so I think he could be poised for a decent year. This could buy them some time to see what they have with Miquel Gonzales or Kevan Smith. I just think that they are going to have a lot of young pitchers on this staff, and really need a veteran catcher.

The Sox are in need of a Permanent Latrine Orderly.
    Father of Satan
    Disco Demolition Expert

Post by Father of Satan on Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:47 pm

jaywit wrote:
    alohafri wrote:

The Sox are in need of a Permanent Latrine Orderly.

You both will clean latrines in HELL! Permanently and orderly!

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:34 pm

As usual, I agree. Remember a couple years back I was in favor of keeping AJ for the same reasons...no one to replace him, young pitching staff, etc...they decided to go with Flowers, who is supposed to be strong defensively, but can't hit a nickel. Now they have committed to flowers, and unless anyone has heard otherwise, still project Phegley as the starter...so unless suzuki comes cheapo ...really cheapo ..I think you'll be disappointed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:01 am