Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Adam Eaton caution to myself

winstonage
    Andy the Clown

Re: Adam Eaton caution to myself

Post by winstonage on Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:32 am

s0ch0a wrote:
    Nomads44 wrote:From Bleacher Report...

Players with the traits of an Adam Eaton are few and far between. Aside from his on-base ability (career .450 OBP in the minors), he has no plus tools. But he could play solid defense in center field, steal 30 bases, score 100-plus runs and hit 10 homers, 10 triples and 30 doubles annually. 
    The 25-year-old is also the kind of "dirtbag baseball player," as general manager Rick Hahn called him, that the city of Chicago will love watching play on a daily basis.
    Oh, another Nick Swisher? Great to have another "grinder". <groan>

Don't think Swisher, think Lenny Dykstra, that's who this kid could become.
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:07 am

Don't think Swisher, think Lenny Dykstra, that's who this kid could become.>>

That's a reasonable comp and Sox would be lucky to have him turn into that kind of player.
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:16 pm

rmapasad wrote:Don't think Swisher, think Lenny Dykstra, that's who this kid could become.>>

That's a reasonable comp and Sox would be lucky to have him turn into that kind of player.

Minus the frailty!  Nails was always hurt.

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:34 pm

Nomads44 wrote:
    rmapasad wrote:Don't think Swisher, think Lenny Dykstra, that's who this kid could become.>>

Minus the frailty!  Nails was always hurt.

Are you guys serious???  Next to Barry bonds, McGwire and Sosa, Dykstra is the 4th head on the mt rushmore of steroid users...
    I like the trade b/c eaton is the kind of player I like to watch ...but lets hope he turns into Lance Johnson, or Andy Van Slyke ...and not that TRUE dirtbag, dykstra

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:42 am