Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

At least 1st in something!

sox55
    Roof Shot

At least 1st in something!

Post by sox55 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:41 pm

1st deal of the Winter Meetings.............Sox get Adam Eaton in a 3 team deal.
    Hector Santiago to Angels, Mark Trumbo to D-Backs, Tyler Skaggs to Angels
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: At least 1st in something!

Post by Soxillinirob on Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:00 pm

Not sure I like it, but there may be something I'm very much missing about Eaton.  Santiago seems to me like a guy with a high ceiling, and he had an adjusted ERA+ of 128.  I hope I see Eaton as having the same amount of upside.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:25 pm

About the same amount of upside as Oaf.
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:51 pm

Eaton, 25, hit .252 (63-250) with 10 doubles, four triples, three home runs and 22 RBI over 66 games with Arizona in 2013.
    "Adam provides us with a smart, high-energy baseball player for the top of the lineup," said Rick Hahn, White Sox senior vice president/general manager. "He knows the strike zone, is disruptive on the bases and provides solid defense in center field."

Looks like DeAza is now where he belongs as the 4th or 5th OF.
    And MOST important to Unkie Jer, contract is identical to Santiago's....MLB Minimum
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:50 pm

Eaton, 25, hit .252 (63-250) with 10 doubles, four triples, three home runs and 22 RBI over 66 games with Arizona in 2013.
    "Adam provides us with a smart, high-energy baseball player for the top of the lineup," said Rick Hahn, White Sox senior vice president/general manager. "He knows the strike zone, is disruptive on the bases and provides solid defense in center field."
    Looks like DeAza is now where he belongs as the 4th or 5th OF.
    And MOST important to Unkie Jer, contract is identical to Santiago's....MLB Minimum
    >>

Think this is a good move provided Eaton can stay healthy and Sox actually play him.  Santiago is a promising pitcher but he's had some issues with his control and HR ball. Eaton is much more of a true leadoff type hitter than De Aza. He has a pretty incredible .348/.450/.501 line in the minors plus some speed.  Don't think he's had enough AB's so far in majors to get a true read on his potential.  Diamondbacks probably felt they needed more power in their lineup, given their ballpark.. But IMO, they were the ones who really got hosed on this trade giving up two good young players in Eaton and Skaggs for a guy like Mark Trumbo (who is basically Adam Dunn without the walks)..

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:41 pm

But IMO, they were the ones who really got hosed on this trade giving up two good young players in Eaton and Skaggs for a guy like Mark Trumbo (who is basically Adam Dunn without the walks)..

You do know that John got the deal WRONG ...the SOX get Trumbo and Eaton is going to the Angels..

joking

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:14 pm