Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Cupboard ain't completely bare

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Cupboard ain't completely bare

Post by MGJOHNSON on Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:52 pm

The Sox do have a few good Johnsons progressing thru the minors -- and I DON'T MEAN PRICKS!
    Father of Satan
    Disco Demolition Expert

Re: Cupboard ain't completely bare

Post by Father of Satan on Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:09 am

MGJOHNSON wrote:The Sox do have a few good Johnsons progressing thru the minors -- and I DON'T MEAN PRICKS!

And you don't mean Walter either. I will make sure of that!
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:50 am

The Sox do have a few good Johnsons progressing thru the minors -- and I DON'T MEAN PRICKS! 

One of them (Eric) obviously pitched for Sox in Sept and held his own. He was very strong in AA and AAA this year, and could have a solid future.. Another is a 2b, Micah Johnson who's a tremendous speedster (stole 84 bases this yr). Nealy all that was in low A ball, but he struggled some in high A  and had a lot of trouble in his short stint in AA.  Probably too early to tell how well he'll develop - this year in AA will be a big determiner for him...
    Last is Michael Johnson, 24 year old who's played a lot of positions and he hit .280-ish in low A.  To be at that age and still in low A pretty much indicates he's not a prospect.
    Am I missing some other Johnson in the system ? 

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:39 pm

rmapasad wrote:The Sox do have a few good Johnsons progressing thru the minors -- and I DON'T MEAN PRICKS! 

One of them (Eric) obviously pitched for Sox in Sept and held his own. He was very strong in AA and AAA this year, and could have a solid future.. Another is a 2b, Micah Johnson who's a tremendous speedster (stole 84 bases this yr). Nealy all that was in low A ball, but he struggled some in high A  and had a lot of trouble in his short stint in AA.  Probably too early to tell how well he'll develop - this year in AA will be a big determiner for him...
    Last is Michael Johnson, 24 year old who's played a lot of positions and he hit .280-ish in low A.  To be at that age and still in low A pretty much indicates he's not a prospect.
    Am I missing some other Johnson in the system ? 

I believe that you got them all, Roger.  I was primarily thinking of Erik and Micah Johnson - especially of Erik who has a good chance to move into the starting rotation next spring.
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:29 pm

Father of Satan wrote:
    MGJOHNSON wrote:The Sox do have a few good Johnsons progressing thru the minors -- and I DON'T MEAN PRICKS!

And you don't mean Walter either.

That's not funny!

Actually it was.   cheers  cheers  cheers  

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:14 am