Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Lou Reed

Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Lou Reed

Post by Cream1953 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:03 pm

Dead at the age of 71...apparantly of liver failure. I guess he had a transplant earlier this year. Kind if amazed he lived this long though I guess he'd been clean for a long time. An aquired taste for sure, I really liked some of his music...some of it not so much. The Velvet Underground was definately one of the more avant-garde groups coming out of the 60's and their acid-laced songs concerning drug abuse and heroin, S/m sex and homosexual characters certainly weren't for everyone. They were a hell of a lot darker than your usual dope-smoking hippies of the day...still it was great stoner music!! His solo work was pretty out there as well but some of it was excellent. "Walk on the Wild Side" is a legitimate classic in my book and "Rock'n'Roll Animal" is a fantastic live album featuring the duel guitars of Dick Wagner and Steve Hunter.

If nothing else he was a true original and immensely talented.
    Father of Satan
    Disco Demolition Expert

Re: Lou Reed

Post by Father of Satan on Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:23 pm

Cream1953 wrote:Dead at the age of 71...apparantly of liver failure. I guess he had a transplant earlier this year. Kind if amazed he lived this long though I guess he'd been clean for a long time. An aquired taste for sure, I really liked some of his music...some of it not so much. The Velvet Underground was definately one of the more avant-garde groups coming out of the 60's and their acid-laced songs concerning drug abuse and heroin, S/m sex and homosexual characters certainly weren't for everyone. They were a hell of a lot darker than your usual dope-smoking hippies of the day...still it was great stoner music!! His solo work was pretty out there as well but some of it was excellent. "Walk on the Wild Side" is a legitimate classic in my book and "Rock'n'Roll Animal" is a fantastic live album featuring the duel guitars of Dick Wagner and Steve Hunter.

If nothing else he was a true original and immensely talented.
    I never cared much for him, but the rock world is losing too many legends. They will be replaced by my creations like Justin Bieber and Katy Perry.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:24 pm

Father of Satan wrote:
    I never cared much for him, but the rock world is losing too many legends. They will be replaced by my creations like Justin Bieber and Katy Perry.
    Thanks for Katy Perry, Satan.  Her music blows, but she's quite fun to look at.  Any idea when she'll pose in Playboy?
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:04 pm

Any idea when she'll pose in Playboy?

**********************************************************************************

If and when she needs the money. Nobody does it when they are at the top.
    Father of Satan
    Disco Demolition Expert

Post by Father of Satan on Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:14 am

Soxillinirob wrote:
    Father of Satan wrote:
    Thanks for Katy Perry, Satan.  Her music blows, but she's quite fun to look at.  Any idea when she'll pose in Playboy?
    I just gave her number to the fine folks at Hustler.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:29 pm