Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Jose Abreu narrows it 3 teams

jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Jose Abreu narrows it 3 teams

Post by jaywit on Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:22 pm

frank bonifacic wrote:
    jaywit wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:
    Cream1953 wrote:A 2B that is only legendary on THIS BOARD. 

**********************************************************************************

Correction....to ONE person on this board.
    I have never said that he was legendary, but have said that I still think he will be a good major league ballplayer.
    And if you were referring to John, I am also still on the Beckham bandwagon- and can point to this year during times he was injured.
    There is no bandwagon.  You're it.
    Boy. Talk about a guy blowing hot and cold (as opposed to just blowing) I'm seem to recall some comments by a certain west coast doc earlier this year-how soon we forget.
    The Sox were so GD bad that they made me hate the entire baseball season!  I hope everyone goes on strike just before the start of the series!  And in truth, I hope it was the injury that caused his slide at the end.  He was finally showing some of the line-drive hitting we were all promised. 
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:54 pm

frank bonifacic wrote:

**********************************************************************************

I have never said that he was legendary, but have said that I still think he will be a good major league ballplayer.
    And if you were referring to John, I am also still on the Beckham bandwagon- and can point to this year during times he was injured.
    I think there are at least four still in his corner... you, me, John and Sharpy.  Maybe several others more quiet about it.

winstonage
    Andy the Clown

Post by winstonage on Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:09 pm

Nomads44 wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:

I think there are at least four still in his corner... you, me, John and Sharpy.  Maybe several others more quiet about it.

My stance on Beckham, is (like Viciedo), this is the year to produce. If not Micah Johnson will be nipping at his heels. If he stays healthy and hits 240, we have our answer. If he hits 270 and shows that line drive power, he is a decent piece to trade.
    Bobbyrosebowl
    Roof Shot

Post by Bobbyrosebowl on Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:44 am

The idea that John is reading and re-reading an article trying to decipher the WIN NOW codespeak when WIN NOW has been a disaster, Kenny Williams has destroyed the club, and the team has to be a consistent WINNER to attract any attention from SANE people is fucking NUTS.

Isn't he the guy that rips the scribes???

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:27 am

Jose Abreu is being compared to Barry Bonds and Miguel Cabrera.  Even though I haven't heard him called the next Mark McGwire yet, could this be our next Joe Borchard?

Now that's scary! affraid 
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:34 am

Jose Abreu is being compared to Barry Bonds and Miguel Cabrera. 

********************************************************************************

By Who? Hawk Harrelson???

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:50 am

Cream1953 wrote:Jose Abreu is being compared to Barry Bonds and Miguel Cabrera. 

********************************************************************************

By Who? Hawk Harrelson???
    Some guy from Sports Illustrated by the name of Cliff Corcoran is throwing that stuff out there. Frank B. gave the link in another thread:

http://mlb.si.com/2013/10/18/jose-abreu-signs-white-sox-cuba-record-68-million/

Maybe the Hawkeroo has a pen name...
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:51 am

MGJOHNSON wrote:Jose Abreu is being compared to Barry Bonds and Miguel Cabrera.  Even though I haven't heard him called the next Mark McGwire yet, could this be our next Joe Borchard?

Kosuke Fukadome.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:51 am

MGJOHNSON wrote:Jose Abreu is being compared to Barry Bonds and Miguel Cabrera.  Even though I haven't heard him called the next Mark McGwire yet, could this be our next Joe Borchard?

Kosuke Fukadome.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:40 pm

Kosuke Fukadome. 

Exactly! I remember as soon as he put on the Cub's uniform he was already 1st ballot Hall of Fame...and not all of this was coming from the usual goofy Cub fans. "Experts" had him pegged as an absolute can't miss superstar! lol This is precisely why I don't pay any attention whatsoever to all of the hype and bullshit opinions of people who have been wrong time and time again. As far as I'm concerned Jose Abreu is just one more unproven stiff whom the Sox have paid an obscene amount of money for without him even stepping one foot onto the field yet. That's how he'll remain in my eyes until he proves otherwise.
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:44 pm

Bobbyrosebowl wrote:The idea that John is reading and re-reading an article trying to decipher the WIN NOW codespeak when WIN NOW has been a disaster, Kenny Williams has destroyed the club, and the team has to be a consistent WINNER to attract any attention from SANE people is fucking NUTS.

Isn't he the guy that rips the scribes???

Call your sales rep and tell him you won't renew your 4 seats unless trades are made.
    Make it known that you want Kenny Williams and Unkie Jer to know this also.
    Tell them you are MAD and WON'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:23 pm

Kosuke Fukadome. 

There is a difference between position players from the Japanese imports and the Cubans, unless your last name is Suzuki. Clearly the Japanese know how to play the game, but lack the talent, whereas the Cubans have talent, but don't know how to play the game. BTW, was that ever more evident than watching Y.Puig last night?
    Bobbyrosebowl
    Roof Shot

Post by Bobbyrosebowl on Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:11 pm

John, I don't bother 25 year old ticket reps.
    I am quite sure they don't pass on the concerns about the performance of the club of middle aged lunatics to Jerry Reinsdorf.
    They are ticket reps in starter jobs.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:13 pm