Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Trade Deadline

alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Trade Deadline

Post by alohafri on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:40 pm

Anyone think we can reopen this Jake Peavy deal and finally get him?

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Re: Trade Deadline

Post by frank bonifacic on Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:23 pm

alohafri wrote:Anyone think we can reopen this Jake Peavy deal and finally get him?

I don't know when I got word of the trade from my son who was bitching about fact that Peavy isn't available til Sept. but if this was before your heard, one hell of a call.

FB
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:11 am

alohafri wrote:Anyone think we can reopen this Jake Peavy deal and finally get him?

I never lost hope, really. Even at Nomadsfest, I mentioned I was still hopeful and Poreda's horrid outing may have sped his way on to San Diego.

I was hoping the same or similar offer could get Halladay if SD liked it for Peavy and Peavy had a longer term contract. But I am fine with getting Peavy and glad he reconsidered. Maybe if he had accepted the trade back then, he would still be healthy and pitching us into the playoffs.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:05 am

frank bonifacic wrote:

I don't know when I got word of the trade from my son who was bitching about fact that Peavy isn't available til Sept. but if this was before your heard, one hell of a call.

FB

I wish, but I actually posted this after the trade. One thing I noticed is that only Sox fans are bitching about this trade. Everyone else (MLB Network, XM Home Plate, ESPN, etc.) are talking about what a GREAT trade it was for us.
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:07 am

alohafri wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:

FB

I wish, but I actually posted this after the trade. One thing I noticed is that only Sox fans are bitching about this trade. Everyone else (MLB Network, XM Home Plate, ESPN, etc.) are talking about what a GREAT trade it was for us.

Not being cynical, but which ones are bitching about it. The overall feeling I am getting about it from this and other board posters has been good, with a few lukewarm, but I do not consider that being bitchy about it. I don't recall seeing any outright complaining about it, but my short term memory is mush.

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:57 am

Nomads44 wrote:
    alohafri wrote:
    frank bonifacic wrote:

FB

Not being cynical, but which ones are bitching about it. The overall feeling I am getting about it from this and other board posters has been good, with a few lukewarm, but I do not consider that being bitchy about it. I don't recall seeing any outright complaining about it, but my short term memory is mush.

The Cub players in particular were very impressed. Made some great comments, including Ramirez who gave big time props to Kenny saying "he always does something to improve his team.

The only negative was there was a mention in the Times that some San Diego insiders thought we could have got him for less. Apparently, the same players as were offered in May.
    Even if he's not available until Sept (or not at all this year) we certainly have a hell of a rotation for the next several years.

FB
    TeleFrank
    Silent Hot Dog Vendor

Post by TeleFrank on Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:06 am

alohafri wrote:

A Sox fan unhappy with a trade! Impossible, improbable, very unlikely!

Personally since he's a National leaguer I don't think I've ever seen him pitch so I'm going to have to rely on the stats. According to them he's a player. We'll of course have to wait and see.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:19 pm

TeleFrank wrote:

Personally since he's a National leaguer I don't think I've ever seen him pitch so I'm going to have to rely on the stats. According to them he's a player. We'll of course have to wait and see.

Frank, I believe we could trade Ron Schueler's daughter (who I believe we drafted once upon a time) for Tom Seaver in his prime, and some Sox fan would find something to complain about.

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:58 pm

alohafri wrote:
    TeleFrank wrote:

Frank, I believe we could trade Ron Schueler's daughter (who I believe we drafted once upon a time) for Tom Seaver in his prime, and some Sox fan would find something to complain about.

Schueler's daughter had nicer tits

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:59 am