Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.


    The definitive statement

    Share

    Guest
    Guest

    The definitive statement

    Post by Guest on Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:08 pm




    Just watched the most incredible game in my White Sox history. An exclamation point to the William/Reinsdorf era. 2005 was the peak, tonight was the nadir
    avatar
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 6166
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 63
    Location : Elkhart, IN.

    Re: The definitive statement

    Post by Cream1953 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:17 pm

    Beyond words.
    avatar
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 7299
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 51
    Location : St. Charles, IL

    Re: The definitive statement

    Post by Soxillinirob on Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:41 pm

    I think of the Williams era of a very Team Drudgery era.  Tonight was just a horrible lack of ninth inning pitching.  No errors.  No bad baserunning.  Just a bunch of Tiger dudes hitting the shit out of the ball.
    avatar
    sox55
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1869
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 61
    Location : Pleasant Prairie , WI

    Re: The definitive statement

    Post by sox55 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:37 am

    Chi-kid wrote:


    Just watched the most incredible game in my White Sox history. An exclamation point to the William/Reinsdorf era. 2005 was the peak, tonight was the nadir


    Well,I'm in Detroit this weekend but was fortunate enough to be at The Joe last night watching pre-season Bruins/Wings hockey instead of at Comerica Park watching the Sox hit rock bottom.
    They can start their long climb back today when I go to the game this afternoon......Oh,yea,no matter what happens during the day,Blackhawks hockey tonight at The Joe again.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The definitive statement

    Post by Guest on Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:26 am

    THE SOX ARE STILL PLAYING!?!?!?!?!
    avatar
    Bobbyrosebowl
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1926
    Join date : 2011-07-27
    Location : Bacardi Club

    Re: The definitive statement

    Post by Bobbyrosebowl on Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:57 am

    I had a magnificent day tailgating and attending the Notre Dame-Michigan State game and then watching the Michigan game on TV.

    I am seeing that Hawkeroo went off on the Reinsdorf-Williams mess yet again.

    I did have the Sox game on the radio for 5 minutes when they had the lead and heard Reinsdorf puppet Farmer talking about how Reinsdorf always comes up with the money for players and DJ happily agreeing.

    ROTFLMAO!!!

    Spending money constantly of the WRONG PLAYERS is more like it.
    They can now either put up or shut up. I am sick and tired of the Sox propagandists.
    avatar
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 3601
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 57
    Location : Spokane, WA

    Re: The definitive statement

    Post by jaywit on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:42 am

    Bobbyrosebowl wrote:I had a magnificent day tailgating and attending the Notre Dame-Michigan State game and then watching the Michigan game on TV.

    I am seeing that Hawkeroo went off on the Reinsdorf-Williams mess yet again.

    I did have the Sox game on the radio for 5 minutes when they had the lead and heard Reinsdorf puppet Farmer talking about how Reinsdorf always comes up with the money for players and DJ happily agreeing.

    ROTFLMAO!!!

    Spending money constantly of the WRONG PLAYERS is more like it.
    They can now either put up or shut up.  I am sick and tired of the Sox propagandists.
    Despite all the hype, Michigan looks to be a paper lion.  AGAIN! 
    avatar
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 6166
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 63
    Location : Elkhart, IN.

    Re: The definitive statement

    Post by Cream1953 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:58 am

    The Big Ten...or 12....or 13...or whatever it is now...is so far behind the SEC it's laughable.
    avatar
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 3601
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 57
    Location : Spokane, WA

    Re: The definitive statement

    Post by jaywit on Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:28 am

    Chi-kid wrote:


    Just watched the most incredible game in my White Sox history. An exclamation point to the William/Reinsdorf era. 2005 was the peak, tonight was the nadir


    I just saw the box score.  Jones pitches 1/3rd of an inning, gives up 5 hits and 5 earned runs.  He was credited with his 14th hold.  Congrats to him. 
     
    Baseball is getting so fucking ridiculous.  This event should change the rules of this stat immediately.  Baseball won't change it for several years, if ever.  Baseball must be run by a bunch of Tea Party curmudgeons who'd still favor human sacrifices if it was part of the tradition.
    avatar
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 3601
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 57
    Location : Spokane, WA

    Re: The definitive statement

    Post by jaywit on Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:54 am

    Cream1953 wrote:The Big Ten...or 12....or 13...or whatever it is now...is so far behind the SEC it's laughable.
    In head to head matchups on neutral turf, I'd take Oregon over Alabama and Stanford over LSU.  PAC 12 has caught up with the SEC. Oregon would put up 50+ against Ohio State. 
    avatar
    Bobbyrosebowl
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1926
    Join date : 2011-07-27
    Location : Bacardi Club

    Re: The definitive statement

    Post by Bobbyrosebowl on Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:55 am

    What the naked eye sees and what moron STATHEADS preach are often at odds!!!
    avatar
    Bobbyrosebowl
    Roof Shot

    Posts : 1926
    Join date : 2011-07-27
    Location : Bacardi Club

    Re: The definitive statement

    Post by Bobbyrosebowl on Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:56 am

    Doc, I am paying close attention to the Quack Attack.
    avatar
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 6166
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 63
    Location : Elkhart, IN.

    Re: The definitive statement

    Post by Cream1953 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:18 pm

    PAC 12 has caught up with the SEC.

    ************************************************************************

    I see. Well then, I guess that explains why the SEC has won the last 7 national titles.  Very Happy 
    avatar
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

    Posts : 3601
    Join date : 2009-04-05
    Age : 57
    Location : Spokane, WA

    Re: The definitive statement

    Post by jaywit on Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:42 pm

    Cream1953 wrote:PAC 12 has caught up with the SEC.

    ************************************************************************

    I see. Well then, I guess that explains why the SEC has won the last 7 national titles.  Very Happy 
    "Caught up" implies they WERE behind.  They caught up to them in the present time.  No, they didn't go back in time and catch up with them the previous 7 years.  You really got me there. Suspect

    Sponsored content

    Re: The definitive statement

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:36 am