Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

THE NEW TRAMMMELL AND WHITAKER

THE NEW TRAMMMELL AND WHITAKER

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:41 pm

the KARK would love to see the White Sox start the 2014 season with 2B Micah Johnson leading off and SS Marcus Semien batting 2nd.

Hopefully the White Sox can find a taker for Beckham.  Seems like a waste to just non tender him.  But with his average down to 267, I doubt they'd be fooling anybody.

TIME FOR YOUNG AND CHEAPER IS NOW
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Re: THE NEW TRAMMMELL AND WHITAKER

Post by Nomads44 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:46 pm

THE KARK wrote:the KARK would love to see the White Sox start the 2014 season with 2B Micah Johnson leading off and SS Marcus Semien batting 2nd.

Hopefully the White Sox can find a taker for Beckham.  Seems like a waste to just non tender him.  But with his average down to 267, I doubt they'd be fooling anybody.

It was long ago, but better late than never.

winstonage
    Andy the Clown

Post by winstonage on Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:07 pm

THE KARK wrote:the KARK would love to see the White Sox start the 2014 season with 2B Micah Johnson leading off and SS Marcus Semien batting 2nd.

Johnson is a long way from being ready.

Bobbyrosebowl
    Roof Shot

Post by Bobbyrosebowl on Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:01 am

That's NOT FUNNY.

Your hatred for Gordon just has to cease. You just refuse to embrace a run of the mill ballplayer.

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:26 am

Gordon is a younger version of Jeff Keppinger. Bad enough Kepp is getting 4mil, not need to overpay Beckham as well.

A good case can be made to nontender Beckham. The only reason not to is to keep the Ryne Brokeback dream alive
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:17 am

Bobbyrosebowl wrote:That's NOT FUNNY.

Your hatred for Gordon just has to cease.  You just refuse to embrace a run of the mill ballplayer.

You can't deny his flashes of adequacy.

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:12 pm

LMAO!!!!!!!

With a little luck, Brokeback might become the new Vance Law
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:42 pm

<< Gordon is a younger version of Jeff Keppinger. Bad enough Kepp is getting 4mil, not need to overpay Beckham as well.  A good case can be made to nontender Beckham. The only reason not to is to keep the Ryne Brokeback dream alive  >>

Beckham is not a black hole at 2b, but he's not much of a plus either. If this arb price goes above $ 4 mil, however, this is overpay territory for what he brings.  He shouldn't be signed to any longterm deal though.

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:48 pm

rmapasad wrote:<< Gordon is a younger version of Jeff Keppinger. Bad enough Kepp is getting 4mil, not need to overpay Beckham as well.  A good case can be made to nontender Beckham. The only reason not to is to keep the Ryne Brokeback dream alive  >>

Beckham is not a black hole at 2b, but he's not much of a plus either. If this arb price goes above $ 4 mil, however, this is overpay te.rritory for what he brings.  He shouldn't be signed to any longterm deal though.

If this were 1983 or 2005, the the Sox could live with a Beckham at 2B

But only a Sox sickofant would kid themselves into thinking are close to contending. So I'd rather throw shit against the wall to see what sticks, the stick with this piece of shit Beckham.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:07 pm

So I'd rather throw shit against the wall to see what sticks

*******************************************************************************
    An approach you've gleefully persued without end in Blago's!
    Bobbyrosebowl
    Roof Shot

Post by Bobbyrosebowl on Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:17 pm

THIS CALLING GORDON A PIECE OF SHIT IS NOT FUNNY.
    Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:21 pm

Is he getting any more standing O's?  I remember the dear departed Wulski, may God rest his soul, complaining that Beckham was getting a standing ovation as he was taking his first major league at bat.

winstonage
    Andy the Clown

Post by winstonage on Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:46 pm

jaywit wrote: Is he getting any more standing O's?  I remember the dear departed Wulski, may God rest his soul, complaining that Beckham was getting a standing ovation as he was taking his first major league at bat.
    God, I hope they keep him around, I would miss those TV shots of his hot mom.
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:20 pm

winstonage wrote:
    jaywit wrote: Is he getting any more standing O's?  I remember the dear departed Wulski, may God rest his soul, complaining that Beckham was getting a standing ovation as he was taking his first major league at bat.
    Does she even bother coming to the games anymore?
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:27 pm

I've been keeping her....ummmmm....busy. Twisted Evil

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:05 am

winstonage wrote:

I suppose the Sox could always move him back to 3B. THen he coul concentrate on his HR and RBI

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:15 am

Cream1953 wrote:So I'd rather throw shit against the wall to see what sticks

*******************************************************************************
    An approach you've gleefully persued without end in Blago's!

Only because RobZ insists taking it in the shitter is some kind of civil right

Anywho. On the plus side. If they keep Brokeback, I'm sure he still healthy enough to trade by 731. Unlike that other turd Gavin Floyd. What a waste of 9mil that was. Everybody but the Sox brass saw that was a waste of cash the second it was rumored to happen

Seriously, how can teams just piss away that kind of money and get zero value for it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:05 pm