Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Rios Traded

winstonage
    Andy the Clown

Rios Traded

Post by winstonage on Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:29 pm

Rios to Rangers for PTBNL or cash. Bring on Garcia!

Re: Rios Traded

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:43 pm

Rhythm is stable without symptoms of excessive palpitations, tachycardias, syncope or presyncope.

Yahoo...hated when Willilams got suckered into taking him and disliked how he played sporadically.....however, I hope he hits .400 the rest of the way and the PTBNL is dependent on how well Rios does. The guy could at least TRY for 2 months, can't he?

winstonage
    Andy the Clown

Post by winstonage on Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:23 pm

Chi-kid wrote:Rhythm is stable without symptoms of excessive palpitations, tachycardias, syncope or presyncope.

Yahoo...hated when Willilams got suckered into taking him and disliked how he played sporadically.....however, I hope he hits .400 the rest of the way and the PTBNL is dependent on how well Rios does. The guy could at least TRY for 2 months, can't he?
    If he doesn't hustle, maybe AJ kicks the shit out of him, which is what he should have done here.
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:48 pm

Chi-kid wrote:Rhythm is stable without symptoms of excessive palpitations, tachycardias, syncope or presyncope.

The PTBNL is reportedly 2B/SS Leury Garcia, a speedster.  47, 30 and 31 SB the previous three seasons.  May end up being nothing but a utility player, but the Sox are building a stable of decent young infielders.  Carlos Sanchez, Eury Garcia, Marcus Semien, Micah Johnson (another speedster who was on his way to breaking Billy Hamilton's record of last year already).

They said Garcia is a PTBNL only because otherwise he would have to clear waivers.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:12 pm

Rhythm is stable without symptoms of excessive palpitations, tachycardias, syncope or presyncope

***********************************************************************************

Damn Sharpy....just because I'm excited about fuckhead Rios leaving doesn't mean you have diagnose me over the internet. Shocked

truefan
    Kenny's Draft Choice

Post by truefan on Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:25 pm

I'm sorry to see Alex go...he was one of my favorite White Sox players. He did a lot of things well. I'll miss hm.

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:36 pm

Cream1953 wrote:Rhythm is stable without symptoms of excessive palpitations, tachycardias, syncope or presyncope

***********************************************************************************

Damn Sharpy....just because I'm excited about fuckhead Rios leaving doesn't mean you have diagnose me over the internet. Shocked
     Let this be a lesson to all the youngsters out there. This is what happens when you are doing something important and work interferes with it.

truefan
    Kenny's Draft Choice

Post by truefan on Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:07 pm

Let this be a lesson to all the youngsters out there. This is what happens when you are doing something important and work interferes with it.

********************************************************************************

To make matters worse you probably faxed some doctor in London with "They finally traded that fucking Rios!!!!"
    Laughing

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:14 pm

To make matters worse you probably faxed some doctor in London with "They finally traded that fucking Rios!!!!"

He would understand. It's a universal sentiment

....tongue

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:02 pm

Nomads44 wrote:

The PTBNL is reportedly 2B/SS Leury Garcia, a speedster.  47, 30 and 31 SB the previous three seasons.  May end up being nothing but a utility player, but the Sox are building a stable of decent young infielders.  Carlos Sanchez, Eury Garcia, Marcus Semien, Micah Johnson (another speedster who was on his way to breaking Billy Hamilton's record of last year already).

They said Garcia is a PTBNL only because otherwise he would have to clear waivers.
    It's official, Jim. It is Leury Garcia.

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:41 pm

It's official, Jim. It is Leury Garcia.

Instead of going for the pennant, the sox should go for the absurd. They should try and get an entire team of .....Garcias. Can it be done??
    chisoxkid
    Disco Demolition Expert

Post by chisoxkid on Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:15 pm

Chi-kid wrote:It's official, Jim. It is Leury Garcia.

Instead of going for the pennant, the sox should go for the absurd. They should try and get an entire team of .....Garcias. Can it be done??
     Sounds like someone's missing them some Freddy...

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:11 pm

truefan wrote:I'm sorry to see Alex go...he was one of my favorite White Sox players. He did a lot of things well. I'll miss hm.

Well, if Richard Speck could get marriage prposals whil in prison, I guees its possible for Rios to have a fan

Personally, I would think a re true fan would be happy to see yhis lazy piece of crap go

truefan
    Kenny's Draft Choice

Post by truefan on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:34 pm

Personally, I would think a re true fan would be happy to see yhis lazy piece of crap go

**********************************************************************************
    I choose not to be as bitter and cynical as you and some of the others on this board. I like wat I like and couldn't care less what you think about it. If Alex had his faults every now and then he also had some pretty good moments for this baseball team and I appreciate his contribution. Now it's time to move on and I wish him the best.

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:24 am

LMAO!!!!!

I love how Rois bat disappearred in the 2nd 1/2 of 2010 in the middle of the race against the Twins
    I love how his bat never showed up in 2011, the ALL IN year
    I love how he batted 206 against the Tigers in 2012, has the Sox choked up a 3 game lead

Then who can forget all his nonchalant laziness. I just love how he ran 1/2 speed on grounders

One has to wonder if this socalled true fan actually watches games, or is a figment of some board members imagination

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:41 am

THE KARK wrote:Then who can forget all his nonchalant laziness.  I just love how he ran 1/2 speed on grounders
    What was frustrating about Rios is the great amount of talent that he basically wasted. There are many other guys who I don't consider anything more than fringe players who will hustle and play up to their limited abilities. Rios has the natural ability to be a perennial All Star.

Perhaps it has something to do with the organization that a player comes from. Usually when I see a player come out of the Twins system, he produces up to his talent level. In other words, he gives 100%. That why the Twins seem to have done much better over the last dozen or so years then what one would have expected. The Blue Jays, on the other hand, the organization that Rios came from, almost always in recent years seem to look better on paper then they actually play.

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:52 am

truefan wrote:Personally, I would think a re true fan would be happy to see yhis lazy piece of crap go

**********************************************************************************
    I choose not to be as bitter and cynical as you and some of the others on this board. I like wat I like and couldn't care less what you think about it. If Alex had his faults every now and then he also had some pretty good moments for this baseball team and I appreciate his contribution. Now it's time to move on and I wish him the best.

Not only is your opinion retrded, but so is the way you quote another post. It bet you live in some loser cow town like Elkhart Indiana
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:18 pm

Nomads44 wrote:
    The PTBNL is reportedly 2B/SS Leury Garcia, a speedster.  47, 30 and 31 SB the previous three seasons.  May end up being nothing but a utility player, but the Sox are building a stable of decent young infielders.  Carlos Sanchez, Eury Garcia, Marcus Semien, Micah Johnson (another speedster who was on his way to breaking Billy Hamilton's record of last year already).   They said Garcia is a PTBNL only because otherwise he would have to clear waivers.
     Semien in particular seems to have really come on this year.  He has a good power/speed/plate discipline combo.  Has played more SS than anything else.  900 OPS in AA this year and 820 in his brief stint in AAA so far.  He would make an interesting Sept callup.  Johnson is a speed demon, but will have to get better plate discipline.    Sanchez did well in AA last season, however, has been struggling in AAA this year.   Semien has moved ahead of him.
    Not sure what to make of Eury Garcia.  Yes, the Rangers used him early this year when Kinsler was out but he hasn't shown a great deal offensively (657 minor league career OPS).  Maybe his glove is what scouts like.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:34 pm

What was frustrating about Rios is the great amount of talent that he basically wasted. There are many other guys who I don't consider anything more than fringe players who will hustle and play up to their limited abilities. Rios has the natural ability to be a perennial All Star.
    Perhaps it has something to do with the organization that a player comes from. Usually when I see a player come out of the Twins system, he produces up to his talent level. In other words, he gives 100%. That why the Twins seem to have done much better over the last dozen or so years then what one would have expected. The Blue Jays, on the other hand, the organization that Rios came from, almost always in recent years seem to look better on paper then they actually play.
    >

Rios had the knock of being lazy which is one big reason Toronto put him on waivers for the Sox to grab back in 2009.  Talent-wise, yes he had a good package of speed, power and quick hands.   His power seemed to be fading some this year and his below average plate discipline was definitely a limiting factor throughout his career. Not sure whether that was partly due to poor work ethic in studying opposing pitchers. 
    In any event, he was basically a league average RFer this year and the rather meager returns the Sox got in trading him to Texas basically show it was a salary dump and opening up RF for playing time for Avisail Garcia.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:40 pm

Not only is your opinion retrded, but so is the way you quote another post. It bet you live in some loser cow town like Elkhart Indiana

Nice try but it's not like I have a patent on cutting and pasting. My way's easy for me and I explained how I do it several months ago on this very board. I personally think that if Truefan isn't the real deal he's yet another one of YOUR personas. After all, at last count you had four. Amazingly, all four of them are kinda strange and dumber than a stick.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:22 pm

Usually when I see a player come out of the Twins system, he produces up to his talent level. In other words, he gives 100%. That why the Twins seem to have done much better over the last dozen or so years then what one would have expected. The Blue Jays, on the other hand, the organization that Rios came from, almost always in recent years seem to look better on paper then they actually play. >

Setting aside Rios, the Twins have done well with developing players in their system. Bulk of that is guys they brought up from 1995-2005 (Mauer, Ortiz, Morneau,Hunter,Radke, etc ) and not very much recently which is why they've been struggling these past three seasons.
    Blue Jays had some pretty good guys come along too in that same 1995-2005 timeframe  (Delgado, Wells, Halladay,) Their problem has been competing in the AL East with Yankees and Boston last ten years and then more recently with Tampa Bay and Baltimore.  Tampa and Baltimore built with high draft picks (as did the Twins in late 90's/early 2000's).. Toronto was always middle of the road, not quite lousy enough to get top 10 draft picks and then never enough money to compete for FA's with Red Sox and Yankees.
    Bobbyrosebowl
    Roof Shot

Post by Bobbyrosebowl on Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:04 pm

If Truefan is for real, damn, the planet is in trouble.

truefan
    Kenny's Draft Choice

Post by truefan on Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:52 pm

Like I said weeks ago I'm for real. I presently live in Saginaw, Michigan and am a retired food wholesaler who now dabbles in antique restoration. My late father was born and raised in Maywood and I grew up in a White Sox household so I maintained the allegiance. Again, I'm an enthusiastic follower of the team come good or bad. That seems to be a problem with some on this board but I really don't care. As for how I quote another post I am not very good at such things and I thought I'd give creamer's approach a try. It's about the only useful thing I've picked up from the guy but he at least doesn't seem as hateful and mean spirited as that Kark fellow.
    chisoxkid
    Disco Demolition Expert

Post by chisoxkid on Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:04 pm

Kark, just come out of the closet already and admit it

winstonage
    Andy the Clown

Post by winstonage on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:39 pm

chisoxkid wrote:Kark, just come out of the closet already and admit it
     This guy can't be Kark, he has no typos in his posts.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:36 pm