Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Peavy Gone

Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Peavy Gone

Post by Cream1953 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:56 pm

As I understand it, the trade deadline has come and gone. After the dust has cleared, the roster still includes: 

Lazy-Ass Rios

Dumb-Ass Ramirez

Fat-Ass Oaf

Sorry-Ass Danks

Yeah...I'm excited. Rolling Eyes

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:17 pm

Cream1953 wrote:As I understand it, the trade deadline has come and gone. After the dust has cleared, the roster still includes: 

Lazy-Ass Rios

Dumb-Ass Ramirez

Fat-Ass Oaf

Sorry-Ass Danks

The Sox need these guys to make a run at Houston for the #1 draft pick. cheers

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:35 pm

Cream1953 wrote:As I understand it, the trade deadline has come and gone. After the dust has cleared, the roster still includes: 

Lazy-Ass Rios

Dumb-Ass Ramirez

Fat-Ass Oaf

Sorry-Ass Danks

THE FOUR HORSEMEN!!!!
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:28 am

Father of Stan wrote:Guys like Andre Dawson and Kirby Puckett weren't that big on plate discipline.  Didn't hurt them any
    As a Bill James follower, you know that below avg discipline hurt their value SOME.  Dawson despite his tremendous tools never became a Willie Mays. Point being that whatever talent level a guy has, he ends up an echelon or two below where he "could have been" if his plate discipline had been better.   So when we assess a guy like Avisail Garcia, whose talent is certainly not Puckett or Dawson like, where does he end up ?   One other thing.  Puckett and Dawson knew how to recognize pitches.  Puckett and Dawson struck out 2-3 times as often as they walked in both the majors and minors, and Garcia is striking out 4-5 times as much as he walks.  You can draw your own conclusions from that.
    Bobbyrosebowl
    Roof Shot

Post by Bobbyrosebowl on Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:37 pm

Now they are not supposed to WIN or Trade????
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:46 pm

Bobbyrosebowl wrote:Now they are not supposed to WIN or Trade????

Nor score from third base on fly balls.  DeAza today may have gotten thrown out, but what the heck was he thinking???
    chisoxkid
    Disco Demolition Expert

Post by chisoxkid on Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:23 pm

Nomads44 wrote:
    Bobbyrosebowl wrote:Now they are not supposed to WIN or Trade????

Nor score from third base on fly balls.  DeAza today may have gotten thrown out, but what the heck was he thinking???

Couldn't believe that... and Rios just did the same thing recently against KC.  The Rios play was more debatable because of the depth of the fly ball, but today was pathetic.  Even the girls on my co-ed softball team know to get back to the bag on that play
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:49 pm

Isn't it refreshing to see a team over 20 games below 500 playing scared baseball? lol!

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:16 pm

Cream1953 wrote:Isn't it refreshing to see a team over 20 games below 500 playing scared baseball? lol!

Hawk said this may be the worst base running team in ALL of his years in baseball!!!

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:38 pm

Hawk said this may be the worst base running team in ALL of his years in baseball!!!

Ease up Frank ...how are you supposed to be good at something when you never get the experience to do it???  look at their OBP and it explains their gaffs....its like throwing you into a court without experience and expecting to be a Clarence Darrow ...ha!Laughing
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:50 pm

********************************************************************************
    Of course none of this is the result of bad coaching. Laughing
    chisoxkid
    Disco Demolition Expert

Post by chisoxkid on Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:55 pm

Cream1953 wrote:Hawk said this may be the worst base running team in ALL of his years in baseball!!!

********************************************************************************
    Of course none of this is the result of bad coaching. Laughing

I think most of the blame can be put on the players, but these kinds of mistakes shouldn't be happening this often with veteran ballplayers.  To me that just says the players' heads aren't in the game and they threw in the towel a while ago.... which does warrant some blame being put on the coaching staff imo.  I wish there would be some team fines for complete dumbshit plays too, though I'm sure it wouldn't be enough money for it to matter.

truefan
    Kenny's Draft Choice

Post by truefan on Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:58 am

Why does there have to be blame at all? It's just a bad year and stuff like this happens from time to time. The team will get over it and so will we. I'm optmistic for next year! Mark my word, these players will do all they can to atone for how things have gone this year. I can't wait!!!

frank bonifacic
    Roof Shot

Post by frank bonifacic on Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:23 am

Chi-kid wrote:Hawk said this may be the worst base running team in ALL of his years in baseball!!!

Ease up Frank ...how are you supposed to be good at something when you never get the experience to do it???  look at their OBP and it explains their gaffs....its like throwing you into a court without experience and expecting to be a Clarence Darrow ...ha!Laughing

You make a good point. I do remember my first jury trial -about year after passed the bar. Fortunately the lawyer who had been handling the file didn't explain who the defense lawyer was. if I had known, may not have showed up.

Lost the case (trial was almost a week) as expected. But, the other lawyer called and tried to hire me.(PS- should have taken the offer as it would have helped me get some experience on the defense side.) BUT, I had just tried a case against him and he now expected me to CARRY his bag- the ego of youth is soon replaced with a touch of reality!!

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:33 am

truefan wrote:Why does there have to be blame at all?

Do you think that it may have something to do with the tiny fact that 28 out of the other 29 teams in the major leagues are better than the White Sox? If they would only expand the "wild card" to a couple dozen more teams, the Sox just might have a chance to make the playoffs this season. Life in the White Sox Nation is just so unfair!

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:13 pm

truefan wrote:Why does there have to be blame at all? It's just a bad year and stuff like this happens from time to time. The team will get over it and so will we. I'm optmistic for next year! Mark my word, these players will do all they can to atone for how things have gone this year. I can't wait!!!

The KARK blames Reinsdorf for allowing people to sabotage Kenny Willimas, the greatest Chicago baseball GM of my life
    chisoxkid
    Disco Demolition Expert

Post by chisoxkid on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:46 pm

MGJOHNSON wrote:
    truefan wrote:Why does there have to be blame at all?

Do you think that it may have something to do with the tiny fact that 28 out of the other 29 teams in the major leagues are better than the White Sox?  If they would only expand the "wild card" to a couple dozen more teams, the Sox just might have a chance to make the playoffs this season.  Life in the White Sox Nation is just so unfair!

Just think, then the Sox could have been buyers and Win Now would still be going strong

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:47 pm