Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Garza traded for four - including a #2 and a #6

Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Garza traded for four - including a #2 and a #6

Post by Nomads44 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:01 pm

Garza brings Texas #2 3B Mike Olt and #6 SP Jason Grimm along with a minor league pitcher (C.J. Edwards) and a PTBNL.

I wonder what Peavy, Rios or Alexi will bring.  I'd be happy if we can get one top six prospect out of a club for any of them the way our trading luck has gone.  Still hopeful for SS Alen Hanson from Pittsburgh.  A second one would be gravy.
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Re: Garza traded for four - including a #2 and a #6

Post by rmapasad on Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:57 pm

I wonder what Peavy, Rios or Alexi will bring.  I'd be happy if we can get one top six prospect out of a club for any of them the way our trading luck has gone.  Still hopeful for SS Alen Hanson from Pittsburgh.  A second one would be gravy.>>
    No doubt Peavy's stock went up after the Atlanta game.   Hahn should try to strike while the iron is hot and capitalize on that.  Arizona and Yankees seem to be clubs most likely to want Peavy for the stretch run, with Dodgers or Reds (if Cueto is still hurt) being other possibilities.
    While Alexei might make sense for Pirates, wonder about Rios especially if they get Morneau (as has been rumored) and move Jones to RF.   Peavy might be helpful for them too if Rodriguez doesn't come back soon.  Reportedly Pirates are reluctant to part with Hanson but they are also knocking at the door of playoffs for first time in a long while so if they feel they are getting enough pieces it may be possible.

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:08 pm

Supposedly the Sox turned down Carlos Martinez, a 21 yr old RHP with a fastball that touches 100 and has already reached the majors for Alexi Ramirez. Guess Alexi is worth more than a bag of balls after all. Martinez is the Cards #3 prospect.
    Nomads44
    Roof Shot

Post by Nomads44 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:41 pm

THE KARK wrote:Supposedly the Sox turned down Carlos Martinez, a 21 yr old RHP with a fastball that touches 100 and has already reached the majors for Alexi Ramirez.  Guess Alexi is worth more than a bag of balls after all.  Martinez is the Cards #3 prospect.

I had a hard time believing the Cards offered this.  And some from the Cardinal side already ridiculed the posting. 

It only makes sense from the perspective they have a wealth of SP in their system and already on their club and could use a SS upgrade.  But Kozma's defense has been pretty good for them, I think.

Also rumored they want Peavy.  If they are really offering Martinez, I would like to see it advanced to Alexei and Peavy for Martinez and Wong.

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:35 pm

The KARK is not to eager to trade Peavy. Mark the CPA on the other hand trades anyone owed more than a couple million. And yes, he is including Chris Sale. However, the SICKO FANT says its nuts to trade Sale because the talk about his arm failing off is BS. Father of Stan is still shaking hisz head that 3 nites in Gurnee cost $800 and has no opinion
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:47 pm

<Also rumored they want Peavy.  If they are really offering Martinez, I would like to see it advanced to Alexei and Peavy for Martinez and Wong.  >

Kolton Wong would be a nice grab. Not sure that I see them giving up BOTH guys in an Alexei/PEavy trade, although Wong and Tyrell Jenkins might be a possibility.
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:57 pm

THE KARK wrote:The KARK is not to eager to trade Peavy.  Mark the CPA on the other hand trades anyone owed more than a couple million.  And yes, he is including Chris Sale.  However, the SICKO FANT says its nuts to trade Sale because the talk about his arm failing off is BS.  Father of Stan is still shaking hisz head that 3 nites in Gurnee cost $800 and has no opinion

The Trinity +1 speaks in tounges!!
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:46 pm

THE KARK Today at 3:35 pmThe KARK is not to eager to trade Peavy.>>

Kark, I think Hahn should strike while the trading iron is hot on Peavy.  This year will be the 5th time in last 6 seasons that Peavy has failed to throw 200 innings and his ERA has also been over 4.00 three of the last four years as well.  Banking on him to stay healthy and pitch like an ace in 2014 is not a good bet at $ 14.5 mil and 33 years of age particularly for a White Sox team that isn't going anywhere.   

Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:55 pm

I wonder what Truefan has to say?? I'm guessing he wants everybody kept on the team and thinks they can still turn it around. Rolling Eyes As for myself and my thoughts on Alexei, I'm going to be really pissed if they keep this piece of shit stiff. The only acceptable alternative for me would be if they have plans to draw and quarter the dumb bastard on the field as a part of next year's opening day festivities.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:58 pm

Nomads44 wrote:
    THE KARK wrote:Supposedly the Sox turned down Carlos Martinez, a 21 yr old RHP with a fastball that touches 100 and has already reached the majors for Alexi Ramirez.  Guess Alexi is worth more than a bag of balls after all.  Martinez is the Cards #3 prospect.

I had a hard time believing the Cards offered this.  And some from the Cardinal side already ridiculed the posting. 

It only makes sense from the perspective they have a wealth of SP in their system and already on their club and could use a SS upgrade.  But Kozma's defense has been pretty good for them, I think.

Also rumored they want Peavy.  If they are really offering Martinez, I would like to see it advanced to Alexei and Peavy for Martinez and Wong.
    I've seen Wong play and he was pretty impressive in the Midwest League. I don't think I've seen Martinez pitch.

truefan
    Kenny's Draft Choice

Post by truefan on Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:47 pm

I just saw where Creamer asked me how I felt about trades and whether or not I think the team shold stand pat. I think I've made my position pretty clear. I like how thi team is configured and I think this year was nothing more than a perfect storm of bad things coming together. There's talent on this team, a lot of talent, and I think they should be given at least another year to gel. It's easy to give up on a team when it's going bad. I don't do that. I also notice where Adam's hitting has finally stated to come around to where he's doing much beter. Since he's getting it together I also notice where certain board members have stopped insulting him and have grown quiet about him.
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Post by alohafri on Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:45 pm

truefan wrote: I also notice where Adam's hitting has finally stated to come around to where he's doing much beter. Since he's getting it together I also notice where certain board members have stopped insulting him and have grown quiet about him.

No. It's just that how many times can you call this guy an OAF?

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:17 pm

I also notice where Adam's hitting has finally stated to come around to where he's doing much beter.

He's hitting .212.... that's .212
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:45 pm

There's talent on this team, a lot of talent, and I think they should be given at least another year to gel. It's easy to give up on a team when it's going bad. I don't do that. I also notice where Adam's hitting has finally stated to come around to where he's doing much beter. Since he's getting it together I also notice where certain board members have stopped insulting him and have grown quiet about him. >>
    I think the window of opportunity for this group of Sox players slammed shut in 2012 when they fell apart in last couple weeks of the season.  2012 defined the absolute upper limits of the Sox talent level and then some.  In fact, arguably the Sox over-performed their true talent level in 2012 considering that 6 key guys  (AJ, Rios, Dunn, Viciedo, Sale and Peavy) had their best seasons ever in Sox uniform and Konerko, Floyd and DeAza had solid seasons.   With all that going for Sox in 2012, the best they could do was win 85 games - 8th best record in the AL.   If "8th best team in the AL" is the proven upper end of this crew's talent level, and nearly all its top players are over 30 and unlikely to improve, then it is absolutely clear that this group HAS NO FUTURE worth investing in.  It is time to blow this thing up and begin the process of rebuild. 

jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:50 pm

rmapasad wrote: There's talent on this team, a lot of talent, and I think they should be given at least another year to gel. It's easy to give up on a team when it's going bad. I don't do that. I also notice where Adam's hitting has finally stated to come around to where he's doing much beter. Since he's getting it together I also notice where certain board members have stopped insulting him and have grown quiet about him. >>
    I think the window of opportunity for this group of Sox players slammed shut in 2012 when they fell apart in last couple weeks of the season.  2012 defined the absolute upper limits of the Sox talent level and then some.  In fact, arguably the Sox over-performed their true talent level in 2012 considering that 6 key guys  (AJ, Rios, Dunn, Viciedo, Sale and Peavy) had their best seasons ever in Sox uniform and Konerko, Floyd and DeAza had solid seasons.   With all that going for Sox in 2012, the best they could do was win 85 games - 8th best record in the AL.   If "8th best team in the AL" is the proven upper end of this crew's talent level, and nearly all its top players are over 30 and unlikely to improve, then it is absolutely clear that this group HAS NO FUTURE worth investing in.  It is time to blow this thing up and begin the process of rebuild. 

....and on the bright side of things, we've got the 29th best farm system in all of baseball upon which to rebuild!

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:23 pm

I also notice where Adam's hitting has finally stated to come around to where he's doing much beter. Since he's getting it together I also notice where certain board members have stopped insulting him and have grown quiet about him.

You want to know how bad Dunn is??   The Yankees wanted Soriano over him ....THAT'S how bad Dunn it.....

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:30 pm

rmapasad wrote: There's talent on this team, a lot of talent, and I think they should be given at least another year to gel. It's easy to give up on a team when it's going bad. I don't do that. I also notice where Adam's hitting has finally stated to come around to where he's doing much beter. Since he's getting it together I also notice where certain board members have stopped insulting him and have grown quiet about him. >>

Just about everybody is assuming that the White Sox are going to do "something" in the next few days. What if they do "nothing"?
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:47 pm

MGJOHNSON wrote:

Just about everybody is assuming that the White Sox are going to do "something" in the next few days.  What if they do "nothing"?

Then Bobby's "HORROR" comes true---------RE-LOAD!!

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:17 am

IF THE SOX DO NOTHING IT MEANS REINSDORF BELIEVES IN 2014 MAGIC

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:57 am

tHe SicKo FANt wrote:IF THE SOX DO NOTHING IT MEANS REINSDORF BELIEVES IN 2014 MAGIC

... and the tooth fairy and Willie Wonka's chocolate factory. Sad
    sox55
    Roof Shot

Post by sox55 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:45 am

MGJOHNSON wrote:
    tHe SicKo FANt wrote:IF THE SOX DO NOTHING IT MEANS REINSDORF BELIEVES IN 2014 MAGIC

Wait until Bobby gets back from Rio!!

winstonage
    Andy the Clown

Post by winstonage on Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:49 pm

sox55 wrote:
    MGJOHNSON wrote:

Wait until Bobby gets back from Rio!!

Is he bringing the next Andre Rienzo with him?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:15 pm