Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Crain in demand

jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Crain in demand

Post by jaywit on Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:32 pm

MGJOHNSON wrote:
    truefan wrote:I thought Jesse did a marvelous job with the White Sox and am sorry to see him go.

Crain is usually a very good relief pitcher when he's healthy.  I just don't see him as an intregal part of the Sox future.  If the Sox can save some money and maybe get a decent prospect out of the deal, that's fine with me.

I agree, Mart.  An ok pitcher and somewhat steady performer for a reliever.   Of all our relievers brought into a game in the last year and a half, he's the one who caused the least tightening of the sphincters.  However, he's no one to build around; he's more of a guy I look at as a potential improvement over a weak link.  At this point the Sox don't even have a chain to qualify for having a weak link.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by MGJOHNSON on Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:37 pm

jaywit wrote:
    MGJOHNSON wrote:
    truefan wrote:I thought Jesse did a marvelous job with the White Sox and am sorry to see him go.

Crain is usually a very good relief pitcher when he's healthy.  I just don't see him as an intregal part of the Sox future.  If the Sox can save some money and maybe get a decent prospect out of the deal, that's fine with me.

I agree, Mart.  An ok pitcher and somewhat steady performer for a reliever.   Of all our relievers brought into a game in the last year and a half, he's the one who caused the least tightening of the sphincters.  However, he's no one to build around; he's more of a guy I look at as a potential improvement over a weak link.  At this point the Sox don't even have a chain to qualify for having a weak link.

That's true, Jay. There's no links on the thin thread the Sox are grasping.
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:00 pm

In another thread you comment that Cream has nothing ever good to say which implies a prejudgment and lack of critical thinking.  On the other hand, I don't recall a comment from you that showed anything but praise.  I wonder, on this last place, sub-.400 club on pace for 99 losses, is there a position that you think the Sox could improve?
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:16 pm

Wow Jay, you kinda sorta came to my defense in your latest post. I'm touched. I might start learning how to like you all over again.
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:23 pm

Cream1953 wrote:Wow Jay, you kinda sorta came to my defense in your latest post. I'm touched. I might start learning how to like you all over again.

Yeah, meet my Korean brother in law, Fuh Q.  Cool  
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:44 pm

Cream1953 wrote:Wow Jay, you kinda sorta came to my defense in your latest post. I'm touched. I might start learning how to like you all over again.

OTOH, I'll always have your back, ya big lug.

truefan
    Kenny's Draft Choice

Post by truefan on Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:51 pm

I'll be happy to address your points Jay.

First of all I have nothing against Creamer. He's a smart funny guy wo seems to have a good grasp with regard to a number of topics. It's just that I think he temnds to be overly cynical when it comes to the White Sox. Sometimes I wonder why him and certain other people on this board even bother to follow this team.

As for me, yes, I know I tend to be on the other end of the spectrum with my optimism. My answer to that is simple. I love this game unconditionally. The game is bigger than any one team or individual. Because of this, I can enjoy things for what thy are even when the team that I support might not be doing so well. Hawk somtimes says "it's all good" and I agree with that 100%. Of course I would rather the Sox win but if that's not the case i can still enjoy the game. It's no more complicated than that.

Regarding if there are positions where I think the Sox could improve, of course there are. Just like pretty much everyone else on this board I see the same things and often think how it might be better with a different player here or there. But in the end you have to go with what you got and you might as well support who's playing on the team as long as they're here. If and when changes are made I'll then support the new player.
    jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by jaywit on Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:15 am

truefan wrote:I'll be happy to address your points Jay.

First of all I have nothing against Creamer. He's a smart funny guy wo seems to have a good grasp with regard to a number of topics. It's just that I think he temnds to be overly cynical when it comes to the White Sox. Sometimes I wonder why him and certain other people on this board even bother to follow this team.

As for me, yes, I know I tend to be on the other end of the spectrum with my optimism. My answer to that is simple. I love this game unconditionally. The game is bigger than any one team or individual. Because of this, I can enjoy things for what thy are even when the team that I support might not be doing so well. Hawk somtimes says "it's all good" and I agree with that 100%. Of course I would rather the Sox win but if that's not the case i can still enjoy the game. It's no more complicated than that.

Regarding if there are positions where I think the Sox could improve, of course there are. Just like pretty much everyone else on this board I see the same things and often think how it might be better with a different player here or there. But in the end you have to go with what you got and you might as well support who's playing on the team as long as they're here. If and when changes are made I'll then support the new player.

There's a big difference between supporting a player and supporting a team.  Everyone on this board, even Bobby with his skewering rants, ultimately want the Sox to win.  Supporting a Sox player who sucks or is done is an act that is not supportive of the Sox team.  I believe it was Rob who said, "...we cheer for the uniform..."  and I agree with that 100%.

What I have always liked about my fellow Sox fans is their discriminatory support.  The Sox are good, fans show up.  The Sox suck, we stay away in droves.  Management MUST put a good team on the field otherwise the park is empty.  To me, that's the "truefan".  I'm happy that the Sox always play second fiddle to the Cubs in popularity.  It requires management to act (how they act is another argument altogether).  Total support without discrimination is nothing but cheerleading.  And no one listens to a cheerleader unless she's a blonde in a short skirt.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:43 am