Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Fantastic

Bobbyrosebowl
    Roof Shot

Fantastic

Post by Bobbyrosebowl on Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:05 pm

Only the Sox can blow a 5-0 lead in the bottom of the 14th Inning!!!
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Fantastic

Post by Cream1953 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:26 pm

I got home and turned the game on and saw a scoreless tie in the 12th inning. Fuck that and I immediately shut the thing off. I later saw the box score...is it true Oaf exploded for 4 walks???

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:40 pm

.......is it true Oaf exploded for 4 walks???

Including, unbelievably, the fact that they are still walking him intentionally?? Why, when he has an 84% chance of making an out, is beyond me.
    However, as bad as Oaf is, nobody looks worse up there than Casper Wells.. he needs to be jettisoned.

On a good note, Beckham is now hitting out of a crouch, and his bat is as still as a summer night, and hands aren't moving with the pitch ..could it be????
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:04 pm

Maybe it hurts if he moves them.

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:16 pm

Chi-kid wrote:.......is it true Oaf exploded for 4 walks???

Including, unbelievably, the fact that they are still walking him intentionally?? Why, when he has an 84% chance of making an out, is beyond me.
    However, as bad as Oaf is, nobody looks worse up there than Casper Wells.. he needs to be jettisoned.

On a good note, Beckham is now hitting out of a crouch, and his bat is as still as a summer night, and hands aren't moving with the pitch ..could it be????

IF ONLY THE COACH WHERE HERE TO EXPLAIN IT
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:42 pm

THE KARK wrote:

IF ONLY THE COACH WHERE HERE TO EXPLAIN IT
    Bring him Back!!!! Or did he keel over dead when President Obama won re-election?
    Bobbyrosebowl
    Roof Shot

Post by Bobbyrosebowl on Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:58 pm

NO WEAKNESSES!!!!!

Until the fucking season starts!!!
    rmapasad
    Roof Shot

Post by rmapasad on Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:04 pm

[/quote]

According to published scouting reports, Beckham's swing was getting too long due to too much hand movement when he "loaded" his swing and too high of a front leg kick. Holding his bat stiller in his stance doesn't mean he's reduced movement in his swing, but it may help.
    He's been up 73 times this year between Sox and Charlotte and has hit .333 with both.
    He's swinging at a higher % of pitches in the zone, hitting more line drives and has cut down on the weak popups. That's the good news. The less than good news is he's got only 3 EB hits (all doubles) and 3 walks, and he's swinging at a higher % of pitches out of the strike zone than ever before.
    Remains to be seen how this new-found aggressiveness will work if and when other teams' advance scouts advise their pitchers to start nibbiling Beckham on the edges of and outside the strike zone in an effort to get him to chase bad pitches.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:31 am