Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Is Dotel Trade Bait?

Is Dotel Trade Bait?

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:11 am

With the addition of Tony Pena Jr, does that make Dotel or Linebrink trade bait? Do the Sox really need 5 righties in the pen? Or maybe DJ Carrasco can be tried as a 5th starter. Richard certainly ain't cutting it lately. Has much as I hate the 7 man pen, it's a wee bit more tolerable with 4 righties and 3 lefties.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: Is Dotel Trade Bait?

Post by Soxillinirob on Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:21 am

Dotel makes me crazy, but I like his ability to come in and get K's when they're needed. Of course, the flipside is that he can come in and give up back to back home runs. I won't lose sleep if he's gone, but I wouldn't deal him just for the sake of making a trade.

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:54 am

Soxillinirob wrote:Dotel makes me crazy, but I like his ability to come in and get K's when they're needed. Of course, the flipside is that he can come in and give up back to back home runs. I won't lose sleep if he's gone, but I wouldn't deal him just for the sake of making a trade.

didn't mean to imply a salary dump. However, this team does have needs and I would think righthanded relief would be a stength the Sox can deal from.

BTW, nice discussing baseball wich-ya :-)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:06 am