Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

What's got into Viciedo's head?

jaywit
    Chairman Reinsdorf

What's got into Viciedo's head?

Post by jaywit on Mon May 13, 2013 2:21 pm

Since returning from his injury, he's gotten 4 walks in 3 games, totaling 4 for the year. A 5 for 8 performance is nice, too, but many a bad hitter can get on short streaks. Still, the 4 walks is not the typical Tank we've come to expect and I don't know if anyone can get streaky on inducing walks. In his last at bat yesterday, with the count 2-2, he TAKES! on a pitch that was just off the plate, very easily could have been a strike.

MGJOHNSON
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Re: What's got into Viciedo's head?

Post by MGJOHNSON on Tue May 14, 2013 10:02 am

jaywit wrote:Since returning from his injury, he's gotten 4 walks in 3 games, totaling 4 for the year. A 5 for 8 performance is nice, too, but many a bad hitter can get on short streaks. Still, the 4 walks is not the typical Tank we've come to expect and I don't know if anyone can get streaky on inducing walks. In his last at bat yesterday, with the count 2-2, he TAKES! on a pitch that was just off the plate, very easily could have been a strike.

Maybe Viciedo's oblique injury still hurts him when he swings the bat -- thus less wild swings leading to more walks and better contact.
    Soxillinirob
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Soxillinirob on Tue May 14, 2013 1:54 pm

Found myself wondering the same thing after the second walk in one game. It was amazing to see him taking pitching that were starting in the strike zone and had late movement out of the zone. Generally, that's just a strikeout for him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:35 pm