Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

OMG Konerko

Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

OMG Konerko

Post by Cream1953 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:33 pm

Well here we go. For the people that want to extend "Paulie", he just totally clogged up the basepaths by failing to score from first base on what should have been an EASY triple by Conor Gillaspie. So the inning ends with Konerko stranded on third and Gillaspie stuck on second when he should have been on third. Bottom line is you just can't play good, sound and exciting baseball when you have a bunch of sloths running the base paths. I've been saying this for 5 years now but for some on here it falls on deaf ears for some fucking reason. Yeah...let's spend useless millions and re-up Paulie for 3 or, hell, even 4 years!! Maybe he'll get those 500 dingers!! Then your bottom-feeding team that gets what it pays for will have at least something to crow about. Nice huh?? And he can be a mentor to the younguns in the process!! How cool is that??? Rolling Eyes
    alohafri
    Pope Malort I

Re: OMG Konerko

Post by alohafri on Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:43 pm

Cream1953 wrote:Well here we go. For the people that want to extend "Paulie", he just totally clogged up the basepaths by failing to score from first base on what should have been an EASY triple by Conor Gillaspie. So the inning ends with Konerko stranded on third and Gillaspie stuck on second when he should have been on third. Bottom line is you just can't play good, sound and exciting baseball when you have a bunch of sloths running the base paths. I've been saying this for 5 years now but for some on here it falls on deaf ears for some fucking reason. Yeah...let's spend useless millions and re-up Paulie for 3 or, hell, even 4 years!! Maybe he'll get those 500 dingers!! Then your bottom-feeding team that gets what it pays for will have at least something to crow about. Nice huh?? And he can be a mentor to the younguns in the process!! How cool is that??? Rolling Eyes

You're just pissed off because AJ isn't playing and won't go 4 for 4 like you predicted.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:08 pm

Oh yeah? Well YOUR big prediction of a Darvish no hitter flew out the window after...what?...the second pitch of the ball game??? So put THAT in your pipe and smoke it Carnac! tongue
    chisoxkid
    Disco Demolition Expert

Post by chisoxkid on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:52 pm

Cream1953 wrote:Well here we go. For the people that want to extend "Paulie", he just totally clogged up the basepaths by failing to score from first base on what should have been an EASY triple by Conor Gillaspie. So the inning ends with Konerko stranded on third and Gillaspie stuck on second when he should have been on third. Bottom line is you just can't play good, sound and exciting baseball when you have a bunch of sloths running the base paths. I've been saying this for 5 years now but for some on here it falls on deaf ears for some fucking reason. Yeah...let's spend useless millions and re-up Paulie for 3 or, hell, even 4 years!! Maybe he'll get those 500 dingers!! Then your bottom-feeding team that gets what it pays for will have at least something to crow about. Nice huh?? And he can be a mentor to the younguns in the process!! How cool is that??? Rolling Eyes
    Whether or not he has a good season has nothing to do with whether or not he clogs up the basepaths. It will have to do with his AVG, OBP, and power. He also extended the inning with an RBI single off one of the best pitchers in baseball in that same inning before he clogged the bases. He was pretty damn slow in 2005 too and it didn't hurt the team much back then. If this turns out to actually be his decline year then the calls to let him go at the end of the year would make more sense. What I don't understand is how many people here have already wrote him off because of one bad month. Here are some other things going on around the league after one month:
    Washington is a .500 team, Pittsburgh is leading the central, Colorado is leading the west, John Buck is second in baseball in homeruns, and Torii Hunter is batting .375. Chalking Konerko up as done right now makes as much sense as declaring Buck one of the best power hitters in the game. They have a lot more time to find out where he's really at at this point in his career. They aren't going to give him a 3 or 4 year extension at the end of the season either way.
    Bobbyrosebowl
    Roof Shot

Post by Bobbyrosebowl on Wed May 01, 2013 10:33 am

They owe it to Konerko to trade him to a contender if that's what he wants.
    Cream1953
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by Cream1953 on Wed May 01, 2013 11:24 am

They owe it to Konerko to trade him to a contender if that's what he wants.
    100% agreed.
    chisoxkid
    Disco Demolition Expert

Post by chisoxkid on Wed May 01, 2013 3:05 pm

Who they really owe it to is Dunn. And Floyd. And Danks. And Jones... Thornton... Veal... Flowers... I feel like all of those guys have done so much for this organization that they deserve to get traded as well
    Shooters Buffet
    Roof Shot

Post by Shooters Buffet on Wed May 01, 2013 3:23 pm

BELIEVE IN WIN NOW!!!! IT'S STILL EARLY!!! LET THEM PLAY THE GAMES!!!
    chisoxkid
    Disco Demolition Expert

Post by chisoxkid on Wed May 01, 2013 3:32 pm

lol, I think I'm probably one of the only people on this board that is still taking the "it's early" approach. I'm not an idiot though, I know shit when I see shit, and right now this team is shit. Personally, I'm a fan of win now... I just wish they tried the approach with actual good players. The starting pitching for this team has been too good to overlook though, so I'm still reluctantly going to hold out a tiny bit of hope for at least another month. It's actually pretty impressive to have the record they do with the quality starting pitching they've gotten... takes a special kind of shitty to accomplish that.

Post by Guest on Wed May 01, 2013 4:40 pm

Bobbyrosebowl wrote:They owe it to Konerko to trade him to a contender if that's what he wants.

Ah bullshit ..the Sox don't "owe" Konerko anything. They have paid him a boatload of money over the past decade and he has given them a pretty damn good return on their investment. Seems to be even-steven to me. If they want to be "nice" and trade Konerko to a contender, they better get be savvy enough to get damn good prospects for him.
    rmapasad
    Chairman Reinsdorf

Post by rmapasad on Wed May 01, 2013 6:01 pm

chisoxkid wrote:lol, I think I'm probably one of the only people on this board that is still taking the "it's early" approach. I'm not an idiot though, I know shit when I see shit, and right now this team is shit. Personally, I'm a fan of win now... I just wish they tried the approach with actual good players. The starting pitching for this team has been too good to overlook though, so I'm still reluctantly going to hold out a tiny bit of hope for at least another month. It's actually pretty impressive to have the record they do with the quality starting pitching they've gotten... takes a special kind of shitty to accomplish that.
    Yep, starting pitching is the only bright spot so far, in particular Peavy and Quintana. Sox's offense has been the real drag -last in AL in Runs, OBP, Bat Avg and Walks. While the offense normally isn't this miserable, it's not a "good" offense that's just off to a bad start.

Last year, Sox's OBP was a tad below avg. last year and that was with guys like AJ, Konerko, Rios, and DeAza having good seasons. Viciedo, Ramirez, Rios and Keppinger are all hackers. Throw DeAza and Beckham into the mix and you have 6 starters whose career OBP's average a subpar .318. If Konerko and Dunn can't get up off the mat, this won't be a pretty picture.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:05 am