Nomadsfest Sox Fans

A forum for the old AOL board Sox fans and others.

Whats the marke for Peavy

Whats the marke for Peavy

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:12 pm

Read where Peavy DOES NOT have a no trade lause. Said Peavy is open to a trade because the only way the Sox would trade him is if they were out of contention. The only team that would want him would be a contender

Spoken like a true hired gun

I would hope between Peavy Rios and Ramirez, the Sox could get a blue chip infield of prospects

Re: Whats the marke for Peavy

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:27 pm

I would hope between Peavy Rios and Ramirez, the Sox could get a blue chip infield of prospects

I m a little perlexed why so many on the board think you will get anything for Ramirez. First off, when has a contending team picked up a SS in August for the pennant push? He's not that good a hitter, with a barely .300 OPB, and he's getting old? What team is even in contention without a SS at least as good as Ramirez?? Unless he's moved to 2b. You'll be lucky to get a power arm for him. ........

winstonage
    Andy the Clown

Post by winstonage on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:50 pm

Chi-kid wrote:I would hope between Peavy Rios and Ramirez, the Sox could get a blue chip infield of prospects

I m a little perlexed why so many on the board think you will get anything for Ramirez. First off, when has a contending team picked up a SS in August for the pennant push? He's not that good a hitter, with a barely .300 OPB, and he's getting old? What team is even in contention without a SS at least as good as Ramirez?? Unless he's moved to 2b. You'll be lucky to get a power arm for him. ........

Shortstops are at a premium, if a contender has one go down, he could be in demand. St. Louis could use one. Furcal is out for the year. Alexi has his warts, but he offers a lot with the glove, and good run production for a SS.

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:59 pm

Chi-kid wrote:I would hope between Peavy Rios and Ramirez, the Sox could get a blue chip infield of prospects

I would like to think there is at least one sabermetricaly challebged GM out their that thinks 70 RBI a years maters more thana OBP at 300

But you are correct, any GM that does his homework knows Ramirez is overrated. Then again,a sucker is born evry minutel

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:43 pm